Group lesson was awesome today

robmypro

Reaction score
Every Saturday I take group lessons with my wife and daughter (called Golf Ready), and today was the full swing. The girls really enjoyed it, as we were at the range and they got to whack some balls. The instructors are really good, mixing in just enough humor to keep things fun. We start taking practice swings, with one instructor in front. Of course I send a nice thick divot his way on my first swing. He looks at me and says "I have my eye on you" which was pretty funny. We start swinging, and I am hitting some okay shots. He walks up to me and spots two issues. First, he asks "where is the weight? More front or back foot at address?". Of course it was on my back foot 70/30. So he corrects that. Then he holds the club at the side of my head, and tells me to swing. I am swaying back and forth.

Literally those two adjustments and I was hitting them solid 9 out of 10 times. Next we move to the driver. Just focusing on those two points turned my slice into a fade. Then he tried to get me to focus on swinging more across my body, which I really didn't have much luck with. But my drives were a lot better, just from a couple of tweaks. We have another full swing session next week, and then we wrap it up with an on course session.

All in all, 5 lessons, each 1.5 hours long, for $99 is a major value. Even if you aren't a beginner, I will bet they can improve something in your game. Really impressed. And the girls had a great time, which is awesome.

That is a great deal for just the three of you. Take it all in!

The wife just told me she wants to go hit some golf balls. Honey, you need your own bucket!

Glad you guys are getting out as a family and everyone is enjoying the game

To clarify, it was $99 per person. Still an awesome real.

That makes more sense, but still a good deal. My wife and I paid $300 (total) for six, 1-hour semi-private lessons. (All our lessons went at least ten minutes over)

Glad to hear you're getting the wife and daughter involved. I look forward to the day I introduce my kids to the game.

Back