Nasty Situation today on the course....

Next time urinate on the offender to establish dominance followed up with a wolf stare...epic win, like a boss!

I dealt with a different version of nastiness today. But it really throws you off.

I'm on the practice chipping green. Nice little area. For an hour, I've been playing no more than 10 balls at a time, in a line of increasing distance. I hit ten in, go collect, and reset them.

There's another guy out there, and he's on the other side. We share some stories of our practice shots here or there and it's all friendly.

Then enters "3d guy". Probably 50, weekend warrior, short like Napoleon, headphones in. He brings a full bucket of range balls, and sets up maybe 10 yards from me. He then proceeds to drain the entire bucket all over the green.

And every time I would move forward on my line (for 30 yards into 5 along the line) he would audibly yell, "Hey pal, get outta my line!". Then when someone new would come up to the green, he'd snap at them, "just stay outta my line, and don't be like this guy and walk in front of me (and point at me with his club)."

He was kind of a joke to everyone there, but he was a nasty one and just poisonous to everyone trying to use this shared space.

I was polite, but just ignored him. There was no way I would have waited for him to drain his full practice bucket every time before I went to go collect my balls. Further, I almost needed to go and start using a bunch of range balls myself because he was so cluttering the surface (this is a nice pitching and putting area) that I couldn't find my balls again.

Last edited:
Nasty people. It's weird how reasonable people turn out be real d*cks when they arrive to a golf course...I usually stay calm, but I have to admit, sometimes it's quite hard. The OP handled the situation well.

You've snapped at someone not even being positive of what they've said or meant. You need to learn to relax, especially on the golf course.

I'd say that you took that well.

You've snapped at someone not even being positive of what they've said or meant. You need to learn to relax, especially on the golf course.

Huh? I snapped at someone?

It always best to not become an assclown like the guy that jumped you. You did VERY good in keeping your cool. Next best thing then would have been a call to the clubhouse asking the super to get out there ASAP.

Personally I wouldn't of acknowledged him coming back through on the next hole unless he said something first, and I would of liked to of heard your gf use kinder words (or truthfully not get involved at all), but other than that, I say you handled it pretty well.

Back