So it happened =(

Sorry to hear you lost all that equipment. Hopefully the bad guys get caught.

That sucks

I am always afraid this will happen to me i try to keep a close eye on my clubs

this is why i have golf insurance only costs me £30 a year and covers me for this and lots more. So sorry to hear about this.

So sorry to hear that, people can be messed up. You've got me considering insurance now! What is a good company for this insurance?

That's awful!! I saw it happen a while back at a range I frequent quite often...they had cameras and actually caught the guy when he came back a couple weeks later....probably to steal again. That's just horrible though.

Like my skis, I never leave my clubs out of sight. Sorry it happened

Suck dude, hate to hear that. I'm probably a little casual with mine, especially when going to get a second bucket of balls, or getting my first bucket after i finish i 18 since I walk by the range and drop my bag there and then go get my bucket.. Probably time to put that to rest..

Where in LA are you? I'm driving down to the OC on Saturday morning and would be willing to donate a TaylorMade carry bag if you are not too far out of the way. Its nothing special but heck its a bag right? If donating the bag gets my golf karma good, then its worth the sacrifice.

One advantage of being a lefty... no one wants my f***ed up backwards clubs. LOL

Now, really, that just blows pal. I would be so upset. Homeowners insurance, they were stolen from you garage weren't they???? :confused2:

Sorry to hear about this. Hope it all works out in the end. Sounds like you have a nice "new" set, so that's good.

I've never had it happen to me, but I've read enough stories on here that I'm pretty cautious anymore. When I check into a course and leave my bag outside (since they don't want me carrying my bag into the pro shop), I put it near the door so I can constantly look out at it. My local course, I have my own cart and cart shed. I know my neighbor in the shed and trust them just fine. Unfortunately, it is possible to scale the walls and get to each set of cart stalls. So I won't even leave my clubs there (also, because I've heard stories of people who had their clubs stolen despite their cart door lock not being broken).

That sucks dude. I hope you enjoy the new clubs at least. Also, it would depend on your deductible, but your homeowners insurance/renters insurance might cover it.

~Rock

Hello friends at THP,

Hope y'all are having a great start to the week. So like the title states, the worst happened this past Saturday. I was hitting balls on the range in the mid afternoon on a hot day here in Socal. About 1/4 through my bucket, I see in peripheral, someone standing watching my swing. I look at the person and it was my old professor from college. He was a great professor who helped me my senior year. Anyways, he offers to buy me lunch and a pint. I left my bag on the range, put one of my irons down on the mat, and went to eat in the restaurant about twenty yards away.

I usually leave my clubs on the range, if I ever grab a bite or even practice putting. So obviously, I didn't think about what happened next. Yep, it happened. I come back out after my meal and my clubs, even the freakin' range balls were gone. No one on the range, just some people on the course, on the putting green, and in the restaurant. So I go inside to the pro shop and ask if he had seen anything and he says no and proceeds to ask me if I was sure that I had them on the range. He then asks me for my number in case someone finds my clubs and turns them in. I laughed and told him not to worry. Honestly guys, that's one of the major "no no's" in life.

Gone was my Taylormade R1, Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Spoon, Taylormade Tour Preferred MB irons, ATV wedges, and my beloved Kia Ma Daytona putter. On top of that, two new, in the box Adidas golf gloves, about 3 sleeves of Tour Preferred X balls, a coin that I got from Spain when I visited, which I used as my marker, Sharpies, granola bars, and my Bushnell rangefinder. I had a backup set that was in my closet for a couple of days,and being the loving uncle that I am, I gave them to my nephew, who is playing golf for his high school. I wouldn't ask for them back.

Thankfully, I buddy of mine manages a golf store. So with my head down and Visa card in hand, I went in to his store and told him what had happened. He took care of me, more than I had anticipated. I walked out with: Callaway Razr Fit driver, Callaway Razr Fit 3 wood, 2013 Callaway X Forged irons (4-PW), Titleist Vokey wedges (52 and 58), a Yes Ann putter, and a dozen SR2 balls for less than $750. All clubs with the exception of the Vokey's are mint. Not really thrilled with the putter, but it will do for the time being. All I'm missing is a hybrid, bag, and the normal on course accessories, i.e. ball marker, brush, etc.

Anyone have any old hybrids, bags, or putters they wish to donate? Lol

Have you guys ever experienced this before? Just venting guys, still steaming from the loss. Thanks for the read and support!!
Nothing worse than a sneak thief!
That could happen to any of us.
I have an adams 3 hybrid reg flex you can have! I will check my garage and see if I have anything else.

Man that stinks. A buddy of mine had a wedge stolen on the course a few weeks back. I couldn't imagine if this happened to me. I'd likely hang it up.

Sorry for your loss. There have been too many stories over the past few years about this type of thing happening. When we play or go to the range we never leave clubs unattended . . . someone always stays with the equipment or it gets put away in the car.

Hello friends at THP,

Hope y'all are having a great start to the week. So like the title states, the worst happened this past Saturday. I was hitting balls on the range in the mid afternoon on a hot day here in Socal. About 1/4 through my bucket, I see in peripheral, someone standing watching my swing. I look at the person and it was my old professor from college. He was a great professor who helped me my senior year. Anyways, he offers to buy me lunch and a pint. I left my bag on the range, put one of my irons down on the mat, and went to eat in the restaurant about twenty yards away.

I usually leave my clubs on the range, if I ever grab a bite or even practice putting. So obviously, I didn't think about what happened next. Yep, it happened. I come back out after my meal and my clubs, even the freakin' range balls were gone. No one on the range, just some people on the course, on the putting green, and in the restaurant. So I go inside to the pro shop and ask if he had seen anything and he says no and proceeds to ask me if I was sure that I had them on the range. He then asks me for my number in case someone finds my clubs and turns them in. I laughed and told him not to worry. Honestly guys, that's one of the major "no no's" in life.

Gone was my Taylormade R1, Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Spoon, Taylormade Tour Preferred MB irons, ATV wedges, and my beloved Kia Ma Daytona putter. On top of that, two new, in the box Adidas golf gloves, about 3 sleeves of Tour Preferred X balls, a coin that I got from Spain when I visited, which I used as my marker, Sharpies, granola bars, and my Bushnell rangefinder. I had a backup set that was in my closet for a couple of days,and being the loving uncle that I am, I gave them to my nephew, who is playing golf for his high school. I wouldn't ask for them back.

Thankfully, I buddy of mine manages a golf store. So with my head down and Visa card in hand, I went in to his store and told him what had happened. He took care of me, more than I had anticipated. I walked out with: Callaway Razr Fit driver, Callaway Razr Fit 3 wood, 2013 Callaway X Forged irons (4-PW), Titleist Vokey wedges (52 and 58), a Yes Ann putter, and a dozen SR2 balls for less than $750. All clubs with the exception of the Vokey's are mint. Not really thrilled with the putter, but it will do for the time being. All I'm missing is a hybrid, bag, and the normal on course accessories, i.e. ball marker, brush, etc.

Anyone have any old hybrids, bags, or putters they wish to donate? Lol

Have you guys ever experienced this before? Just venting guys, still steaming from the loss. Thanks for the read and support!!

Hasn't happened to me. But PM your address. I can help you with the Sharpie problems. As a matter of fact, I would say you won't have a problem having a Sharpie ever again........

My question would be does insurance pay out on something like that when they are stolen from out in the open? I would assume that they are if they break into your home or your vehicle, but unsure if they take them off the range.

sucks to hear, i couldn't even imagine losing clubs, especially ones that you were comfortable with!

anyways, after reading so many threads on here with people "passing it on" in regards to equipment and stuff, i figure maybe i'll do my part now and see if you would like the hybrid that no longer makes the cut in my bag. Its a Nickent 3dx IW utility, 20*, shafted with the xcaliber hybrid in tour-stiff. The paint has been removed and its always been an underrated performer. If it interests you at all PM me and we can see how to get this to you from north of the border :)

I have a cobra baffler that's 18*, steel stiff shaft, and in great shape... I can re-grip it and send it out to you if you need

sent you a PM I have a putter you can have.

I just recently in insured my golf bag for $3000. Costs me $12 a year. Steal away criminals

My question would be does insurance pay out on something like that when they are stolen from out in the open? I would assume that they are if they break into your home or your vehicle, but unsure if they take them off the range.

Covered under my policy

I take my golf clubs into the bathroom with me if I have to. I don't trust anyone anymore.

I take my golf clubs into the bathroom with me if I have to. I don't trust anyone anymore.

Yeah, I hope you never have any clubs I want to try... :)

Using Tapatalk

This is really hellish, sorry for the loss mate. Can't imagine how bad you feel.

On the upside, I'd just like to say how amazing it is that so many people are offering to help out with free clubs and bags etc. After you've had such a kick in the conkers, it's absolutely amazing to have faith in humanity restored by some great people on here. :clapp: THP is a wonderful place.

Did you check any nearby pawn shops and Craigslist?

Back