What milestone are you trying to break?

To play my first round of golf after my Feb 24th heart attack.... Don't care what I shoot as long as I'm playing golf....I'll work on getting back to my handicap after......

I want to shoot constantly in the 80s.

I joined a high handicap golf league and i made it a goal to win 2 tournaments and new comer of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to break 80 here. Have come close. Finally shot in the 30s for a 9 hole score this year but Sunday's 93 left me befuddled.

Breaking 80 is the big target for me this year.....

My other target is to get my handicap to as close to single figures as possible, but to do that I need to work on consistency as that is what is currently letting me down - rounds up to now this year have ranged from 81 to 95

Currently undergoing a bit of a swing change so not expecting too much for the next few rounds until I get it sorted, but early signs are looking promising

want to sustain a 3 handicap in both my leagues this year. Starting out as a 4 so consistency is key. Also would like to shoot under par 6 times in league, and make better run at 10 ft and further out putts instead of just lagging them up and having easy pars

The milestone I'm shooting for is to shoot par for 18 holes. I've done it on 9 holes a handful of times but haven't been able to put it together for 18. My PB is a 75, and I wanna obliterate that. I've got it in me for sure, just gotta keep my head in the game for the entire round.

I want to break 70 again, on a normal length course. A lot of the course around here are really short. Basically, break 70 again on a course over 6500 yards. It's been a few years (almost 10).

I want to break 65 for my career low

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I'd like to hit 10 fairways in a round. Might sound like a lame goal but I play from the rough way too much. I think I'll get there pretty soon. I'd also like to get in the 70's more often.

I want to have a handicap less than 20 by the end of the year. I have been trending in the right direction, just need to keep after it.

Breaking par is my current goal. Shot even par last summer (72) with a bogey on the last hole. I have been stuck in the high 70's low 80's since. The key for me is making those mid length putts.

Post an under par round. That's the biggest goal of the year for me. I'd love to break 70, but shooting an under par round would be awesome. I've worked incredibly hard on my game over the past 12 months, even broke 80 for the first time. Going from 14ish hdcp (May/June '13) to now a 5ish (Nov '13). Even with having broken 80 for the first time ever, I decided that my swing was only going to get me so far so I totally revamped my swing from playing a fade/slice to nice gentle draws. The beginning of the swing change was brutal. I had to keep telling myself to not pay attention to my score as much as focusing on just hitting good shots more often. When September rolled around, I was striping it pretty darn consistently. The real breakthrough came when I shot a 73 in harsh windy conditions, shooting a 34 (4-4-4-2-4-4-4-4-4) on the back 9. What made me most proud of my progress is that I'm self taught. I've never had a pro look at my swing to give me some advice. Not because I'm stubborn, but because I didn't want to pay. LOL. I know eventually to take the next step to approach becoming scratch, I will more than likely have to seek some professional guidance. I know I wasn't blessed with gobs of natural talent.

So shooting a sub par round WILL (LOL) be a special milestone in my golfing life. Sorry for the long-winded post, but I don't have a lot of friends that love the game of golf like I do, so they wouldn't appreciate my hard work and progress as much as my fellow hacks here.

To play my first round of golf after my Feb 24th heart attack.... Don't care what I shoot as long as I'm playing golf....I'll work on getting back to my handicap after......

Here's to a speedy recovery. You will do it.

I have three goals remaining: hole-in-one, double eagle/albatross, break 70 on a par 72 track. I've shot even twice and one under once (on a 124 slope rated course). My longest hole out was from 180 but it was from the fairway. Last week I managed 12 holes without a bogie and was 4 under but then went bogie bogie. Next two I lipped out birdie putts and settled for pars. So with two left to play I was 2 under. Made a triple on 17 and bogied 18 for a 74... Call me Yack-a-potamus.

Post an under par round. That's the biggest goal of the year for me. I'd love to break 70, but shooting an under par round would be awesome. I've worked incredibly hard on my game over the past 12 months, even broke 80 for the first time. Going from 14ish hdcp (May/June '13) to now a 5ish (Nov '13). Even with having broken 80 for the first time ever, I decided that my swing was only going to get me so far so I totally revamped my swing from playing a fade/slice to nice gentle draws. The beginning of the swing change was brutal. I had to keep telling myself to not pay attention to my score as much as focusing on just hitting good shots more often. When September rolled around, I was striping it pretty darn consistently. The real breakthrough came when I shot a 73 in harsh windy conditions, shooting a 34 (4-4-4-2-4-4-4-4-4) on the back 9. What made me most proud of my progress is that I'm self taught. I've never had a pro look at my swing to give me some advice. Not because I'm stubborn, but because I didn't want to pay. LOL. I know eventually to take the next step to approach becoming scratch, I will more than likely have to seek some professional guidance. I know I wasn't blessed with gobs of natural talent.

So shooting a sub par round WILL (LOL) be a special milestone in my golfing life. Sorry for the long-winded post, but I don't have a lot of friends that love the game of golf like I do, so they wouldn't appreciate my hard work and progress as much as my fellow hacks here.

WOW!! It took me 30 years to break 80!! Outstanding progress!! I would disagree about not having gobs of natural talent, sound like you ARE a natural. Find some scratch players to play with and you will get there soon.

It was breaking 100 before yesterday. I think I am revising that to be going through a dozen balls or less per round. It won't be easy, trust me.

WOW!! It took me 30 years to break 80!! Outstanding progress!! I would disagree about not having gobs of natural talent, sound like you ARE a natural. Find some scratch players to play with and you will get there soon.

Thanks for the kind words. I do have one friend That I normally play with that plays to about a 1.0 - 2.0. But over the last 5-6 months he's been inundated with work commitments (he's starting his medical residency soon). My goal is to get my index down far enough that we can play in that new team competition when the PubLinks is retired. Maybe even go to a local US Open qualifier if I can get down below the needed 1.4.

My first milestone is to break 90...

My second milestone is to have a round with nothing worse than a double and no more than two.

Back