New Excalibur Tour 6

Reaction score
Handicap
Well guys I finally received the latest Excalibur tour shaft to be released. The new tour 6 is supposed to have a mid kick point with a mid/stiff tip to provide a slightly higher launch than the tour 6+. I have gamed the 6+ before and I am very excited to see how the 6 compares. I will be building it tomorrow during my lunch break with a sldr tip and a lamkin i-line grip. I will post a review this weekend as I plan to put it in play on Saturday in my R1.

5unuza8y.jpg

samutuvu.jpg

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

It's an awesome shaft, it's what I'm gaming at the moment, hope it treats you as well as it does me!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

I really want to hear more about this shaft. Torn between it and the T6+. I'm afraid the T6+ will lower launch too much.

It's an awesome shaft, it's what I'm gaming at the moment, hope it treats you as well as it does me!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

How does the feel compare to the T6+?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Played nine holes yesterday and walked away very impressed with the tour 6's on course performance. I hit 6/7 fairways with the only miss being a complete rubbish swing that only missed by 8 yards or so. I will say that this shaft is unbelievably low spinning for a mid kick point shaft. I cranked up the loft on my R1 to 11.25* to maximize carry and roll. I was consistently seeing a mid flight that would come down and trampoline forward and roll out quite a ways. At my home course on par fours my second shot is always a 7 or 8 iron depending on course conditions (wet/dry) and yesterday I hit 9 or PW on 4 of the par fours.<br/>

Played nine today and shot 38. The Tour 6 was fantastic as I hit all 7 fwys with a nice boring mid trajectory. Can't wait to throw this shaft in my new white SLDR tomorrow

Got one of these installed and played yesterday. Swing was off a little as I haven't played in a while. Very smooth feeling shaft!! I hit a few really good drives and then later in the round I was getting the ball too far forward in my stance and started launching a little high and sometimes left. I think I'm really going to like this shaft but I need to get my swing grooved again.

Played 18 on Sunday and say ridiculous roll out with this shaft on the firming fairways at my course. My general driving distance in summer with roll is around 280-285. Sunday i hit all 10 of the fairways where i used my driver and my avg drive was 294 with one topping out at 312. I have not been able to purchase my white SLDR yet due to my daughters summer camp payment but I did go and test it with the tour 6 at Goldsmith. I was seeing 259 carry with 292 total on avg. I bet I would see more on the course.

What is your SS with the R1? Whats the deal in the tip being .335 fitting into the R1 which stock is .350. I thought it had to be .350 or wouldn't work with the R1 adapter? Just don't know enough about shafts I guess. But since in researching a shaft change in my R1 this thread has my interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can get .335 and .350 tips for the R1. either will fit the same head.

Hit again today on a monitor. 97 SS, 13.8* launch and 2800 backspin. What do you all think about tipping it 1/2"? How much would that affect spin and launch?

Back