So it happened =(

Hello friends at THP,

Hope y'all are having a great start to the week. So like the title states, the worst happened this past Saturday. I was hitting balls on the range in the mid afternoon on a hot day here in Socal. About 1/4 through my bucket, I see in peripheral, someone standing watching my swing. I look at the person and it was my old professor from college. He was a great professor who helped me my senior year. Anyways, he offers to buy me lunch and a pint. I left my bag on the range, put one of my irons down on the mat, and went to eat in the restaurant about twenty yards away.

I usually leave my clubs on the range, if I ever grab a bite or even practice putting. So obviously, I didn't think about what happened next. Yep, it happened. I come back out after my meal and my clubs, even the freakin' range balls were gone. No one on the range, just some people on the course, on the putting green, and in the restaurant. So I go inside to the pro shop and ask if he had seen anything and he says no and proceeds to ask me if I was sure that I had them on the range. He then asks me for my number in case someone finds my clubs and turns them in. I laughed and told him not to worry. Honestly guys, that's one of the major "no no's" in life.

Gone was my Taylormade R1, Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Spoon, Taylormade Tour Preferred MB irons, ATV wedges, and my beloved Kia Ma Daytona putter. On top of that, two new, in the box Adidas golf gloves, about 3 sleeves of Tour Preferred X balls, a coin that I got from Spain when I visited, which I used as my marker, Sharpies, granola bars, and my Bushnell rangefinder. I had a backup set that was in my closet for a couple of days,and being the loving uncle that I am, I gave them to my nephew, who is playing golf for his high school. I wouldn't ask for them back.

Thankfully, I buddy of mine manages a golf store. So with my head down and Visa card in hand, I went in to his store and told him what had happened. He took care of me, more than I had anticipated. I walked out with: Callaway Razr Fit driver, Callaway Razr Fit 3 wood, 2013 Callaway X Forged irons (4-PW), Titleist Vokey wedges (52 and 58), a Yes Ann putter, and a dozen SR2 balls for less than $750. All clubs with the exception of the Vokey's are mint. Not really thrilled with the putter, but it will do for the time being. All I'm missing is a hybrid, bag, and the normal on course accessories, i.e. ball marker, brush, etc.

Anyone have any old hybrids, bags, or putters they wish to donate? Lol

Have you guys ever experienced this before? Just venting guys, still steaming from the loss. Thanks for the read and support!!

05-01-2014, 11:53 PM #1 bryantas

user-offline.png

Join Date Apr 2014 Location Los Angeles Posts 13 Member 22474 Handicap Thanks 18 Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Complete swap in my bag

Hey all!! Thank you all for the responses on my previous post, it means a lot to me to receive feedback.

So today, I did a complete overhaul of my clubs. A little bit of old school clubs, major nostalgia factor on some clubs, but I am pretty satisfied. The rationale behind changing was going back to what I was comfortable with. So here we go.....

I pulled out of the closet: Taylormade R1 driver, Taylormade R9 TP three wood, Taylormade Rescue with the FCT, previous generation Taylormade Tour Preferred MB (3-PW), Taylormade RAC TP wedges (52 & 58), and lastly the Taylormade Kia Ma Daytona putter.

Put in closet: Ping Anser driver, Callaway Diablo Octane 3 wood, Callaway Razr hybrid, Callaway X Forged (4-PW), Callaway Jaws CC (52 & 58), and Odyssey Protype #7

Even went from the Callaway SR2 ball to the Taylormade Tour Preferred X ball. With the exception of the ball, I played quite some time with the first set. Went out today at Brookside Golf Course, here in Socal, and shot a 79.

Confidence plays a big part in golf and with every moment today, I felt great and confident, and most importantly, happy. What do you think about my switch? I've always adored my Kia Ma putter, but I may experiment here and there.

Let me know what you think. Thanks all!!

That's terrible luck that you changed over to your older set, then gave your 'new' set to your nephew two days before your clubs were stolen.​

Sucks that there are people in this world who think it's ok to walk off with other people' stuff.

I'd keep an eye out on Craigslist and E-bay. You never know, you might find the person trying to sell them.

Which course in LA was this at?

Ouch! And I am in SoCal as well and the word around here is: Trust No One, especially with leaving your clubs here in the open. Infact, don't even use your brand spanking new SLDR head cover either as I know golfers here who have had their Camerons and drivers swiped from their bag. Scumbags, they are everywhere.

So which course was this? I am curious too...

To the guys that live here in Socal, the course was Rancho Duarte, in the city of Duarte. Never thought it was a sketchy place. The course is a local muni, executive course. I range balls are fairly decent and cheap, but yeah, I'll probably practice at Santa Anita, if I'm in the Pasadena area.

Ahhh yeah...back in 09 something kind of like that happened to me at a range. Went inside to take a piss,come back out 2 minutes later and my bag was gone. Brand new Diablo driver, 3 wood, x22 irons, black pearl wedges and an odyssey 2 ball. Fairly new Ogio cart bag. So about $1,500 in equipment gone. They caught the guy on camera but he offed my gear by the time he was arrested. Watch your gear at ranges there are drug addicts and thieves lurking.

Man that sucks. Hope the insurance company pulls through

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorry man, that sucks. Like holdthe said, you might be covered for your losses.

Back