Your favorite shot to hit?

I was really enjoying hitting 50-90 yard shots with my 58* today. Close approach shots are my favorite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

100-120 yds. Or, recently, drives.

Old thread bump! I don't remember what I posted before, but my answers now are:

-Long iron/hybrid/fairway to get on in 2. It's just so exhilarating when you actually pull it off.
-Pured iron of any length. Just feels so good and makes you think you might actually know what you're doing!
-A flop shot that ends up close. I don't like being put in this situation because the shot is difficult typically, but when I pull it off it's pretty sweet.

To answer this I considered both my likelihood of executing the shot and the enjoyment of watching it go well. With those in mind, I'll say a 7 iron approach shot (140-150 for me). It is the longest iron where I feel I have a decent shot at making it on, and watching it fly and land on the green is quite satisfying.

A cut shot with my irons is becoming my favorite shot to hit. Something about these shots just feels fun to me, like I'm purposely doing something wrong for the right reason. I hit cut a high 4iron the other day over a gap between the crowns of 2 trees. Nailed the gap and turned the ball left to right, avoiding a lake left of the green and landing just right of a par 5 green in 2. I think that's the most satisfying shot I have ever hit.

A tight fading bomb with driver, followed by a dart with a wedge or short iron.

Low spinner 1 hop stop wedge. The sound the impact and the initial ball flight piercing the air is so sexy and different from every other wedge shot

A GW from about 105 yards out, stick it tight!

2" birdie putt!!!

Gap wedge from 125 out that stops on a dime. Just makes me smile.

Any pure struck iron works for me. But being able to shape a recovery up the fairway from behind around a tree or two is always a great feeling.

I love the tee shots on both the #9 & #18 par 4 holes at my home course. On #9 you hit and need to carry a hill so where you end up can be a mystery. If you can go high enough to clear a tree and carry the bunker at the top of the hill you can kick waaay down the other side and be less than 100 yards out. A straight shot that looks down the middle actually ends up in the left rough with a downhill lie. Very tricky.

#18 would be drivable if not for a large sycamore tree at about 100 yards from the tee. You can still drive the green but it takes a nice draw and a good bounce or two to get there.

A piped drive. Driver has always been the most fun club to hit well... And the most frustrating to hit poorly.

Same for me, piping a drive right down the center of the fairway always feels great. Feels even better if you are able to put it out there past your playing partners, haha.

Punch, punch, always a knockdown!

Shots around 100yds with my wedges when the ball just sits on the green. Or any wedge shot, actually. Love hitting those clubs.

Right now any shot with my 60º wedge.

Something about going high over a tree and getting close to my target is fulfilling to me. Put the ball a little forward, finish high and watch it fly.

Knock down or partial swing wedges. A lot of creativity and trust in yourself needed.

3/4 55 degree wedge.
Lots of confidence in that shot

I love a full swing wedge shot with my 60*

I like drive shots the best because they look so pretty in flight and secondly because drive shots are the best part of my game currently

A chip in after a missed green always feels great! A properly executed green side bunker shot also gets me going!

100-105 full GW from the fairway, their isn't really another shot that when I catch it flush I just smile.

Piped 3W off the tee is an awesome feeling or an 80 yard 3/4 SW stuck in tight. My absolute favorite is a pured long iron, IMO nothing feels better than that. 5i is as long as I carry anymore though...

Draining mid range putts that have a good amount of break in them

Back