The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just won an award at work got to pick between apple tv, a blue tooth speaker and these bad boys

ma5y4upu.jpg

Mike Dean wins Beats by Dre headphones. Apple buys Beats for 3.2 billion dollars... Coincidence?

When we started the first THP Biggest Loser contest in March of 2013, my goal was to get to 165 pounds from the middle 180's. This week, I did it. 163 earlier this week.

Even cooler, my best friend who weighed in over 400 pounds a few years ago, is probably going to get under 190 by this weekend, if he hasn't already done it. He weighed about 185 when we met in 1984. So awesome for him.

Congrats on that accomplishment! That's awesome!

The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

On top of my normal work projects, I've been working on a charity project to raise money for building a new children's hospital to Finland. A great song was written and composed by Tuomas Holopainen, known for his little music group, Nightwish. Together with 17 other artists a song was recorded and a music video made, the video was directed by an award winning Finnish director Dome Karukoski. The project lasted for a couple of months, and I've spent countless hours on it, and the past week all nighters every day editing and putting stuff together. I worked as a production chief, assistant director, insert director, one of several cinematographers and as the editor.

What makes this project exceptional, is that there will be a stadium concert in 2015, and ALL THE MONEY that is involved is going 100% to the charity. Not a single dime has been paid to anyone, and will not be paid to anyone except to the charity. Even the local IRS has made it possible to sell concert tickets tax free, and the local music authorities will direct all the radio, TV, youtube, Spotify money to the charity. AWESOME. Basically, if the concert is sold out, the hospital will be a reality in 2017. Large amount has already been raised, and this is the final touch.

The song and the video was released today morning, and it just hit 100.000 views on Youtube, on it's first day (300k under 48 hours!!). Loving it. It's in Finnish, but I'll post a link anyway.

P.S.

My own kids are in there as well :D

Last edited:
Congrats and nice work! Bunch of cute kiddos in there Castor.

that's some great work their Castor. Really cool to hear the that the hospital is becoming a reality

Congrats Smalls and Castor on jobs well done! Impressive!

Very cool Castor, great work!

My HHJJ is I'm being spoiled by my wife! And it feels pretty damned good!

Castor that is very cool and congrats. Smalls keep it up buddy. Has you golf swing gotten stronger as a result. Kevin nothing like a good woman to make you feel
like a man.

---------

I just incorporated a business with my cousin today. We are going to open the first of many organic restaurants in Miami later this year. Very excited to finally have this as a reality

That was great Castor!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just incorporated a business with my cousin today. We are going to open the first of many organic restaurants in Miami later this year. Very excited to finally have this as a reality

Good luck with the new venture Freddie.

I am very happy to call Atl_golfer a friend. Without specifics, he just took some of his time to help me out in a very big way.

Castor that is very cool and congrats. Smalls keep it up buddy. Has you golf swing gotten stronger as a result. Kevin nothing like a good woman to make you feel
like a man.

---------

Congrats dude. You told me of this venture a few weeks back, and I am happy to hear that you are pushing on with it.

Congrats bro! What part of town? Wynwood / Design District is hot right now. Hope to hear more about this next Saturday.

I worked from 9-3 today and sold 4 cars! Plus another on an overnight drive that I believe is sold. If so that makes 5 cars sold today! What an awesome day. I'm so glad I'm not a manager any longer!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

New ride for the wifey. IS 250 F sport. She's gonna love it or kill me lol.

duqujy4a.jpg

Canes is ballin'!

It was a long day but apartment and car hunting are done!! A tremendous relief knowing where I am going to live come the beginning of June.

I did tweak my ankle Thursday night and it has been sore - which on itself would have sent me to the Rant thread. But the search today gave me a chance to rest it. Getting on a course tomorrow!

It was a long day but apartment and car hunting are done!! A tremendous relief knowing where I am going to live come the beginning of June.

I did tweak my ankle Thursday night and it has been sore - which on itself would have sent me to the Rant thread. But the search today gave me a chance to rest it. Getting on a course tomorrow!

You had better of had a productive day, as it took away the chance for us to golf together!!!!!!

Glad things are going well - What is the story on the car huntage?

Happy to hear that you are getting settled. And congrats on the new car purchase!

You had better of had a productive day, as it took away the chance for us to golf together!!!!!!

Glad things are going well - What is the story on the car huntage?

was planning on getting a car this spring as mine was just about 11 years old and getting towards the end. started test driving around apartments visits and I now have the Subaru Crosstrek - love it!

Last edited:
Happy to hear that you are getting settled. And congrats on the new car purchase!

Thanks buddy! I know you were thinking Subaru so you will have to test drive it when you are here.

Thanks buddy! I know you were thinking Subaru so you will have to test drive it when you are here.
September 1, 2015--the day my warranty runs out on my Explorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back