Letting people play through. ..

This happened to me today. A single asked to join our threesome because he was short on time. We obviously said yes. He then stood on the tee and looked over the three clubs in his hand before walking all the way back to his cart for a fourth club. That was an unfortunate omen. Dude was s l o w over every shot the rest of the way. It ticked me off.

If we start falling behind, I will always say that we need to pick it up some. This works best when someone joins me or my group. If we are waiting every tee box anyway, I usually let it go.

If we start falling behind, I will always say that we need to pick it up some. This works best when someone joins me or my group. If we are waiting every tee box anyway, I usually let it go.
We were mostly okay as a group, probably fell 1/2 a hole behind with him included. Somehow his individual slowness seemed to change the rhythm of our group. I know that doesn't make sense as our position relative to the group in front of us didn't really change, but it did because 3 of us played fast and he played slow. Plus there was the juxtaposition of "I'm in a hurry, can I join you" then that same guy being so freekin' slow.

I've started to just tell slow golfers that they are too slow. They all get really offended at first but once they get over it they seem to speed it up out of spite and self righteousness.

They will also jump all over you if you take a couple extra seconds on any shot after that so be prepared.

I know I'm being rude but the slow play around here is epidemic and I've had enough. I should note that I'd be happy with a 4 hour round, the SP I'm talking about is 4:45+.

I was playing as a single last week and had the misfortune of being stuck behind a family of 4 in front of me. Despite being nobody else on the course, they not only refused to let me through but didn't aknowledge me once, even though I was stood waiting for all of them to tee off. Was almost in tears with frustration at the end!

I was playing as a single last week and had the misfortune of being stuck behind a family of 4 in front of me. Despite being nobody else on the course, they not only refused to let me through but didn't aknowledge me once, even though I was stood waiting for all of them to tee off. Was almost in tears with frustration at the end!

In this situation, call the clubhouse and have them send someone out,

In this situation, call the clubhouse and have them send someone out,

Unfortunately, I never take a mobile phone onto the course. I use the time as blessed relief away from the thing, but I'm going to revise my way of thinking. Otherwise this is exactly what I should have done...

I usually skip around if I'm playing solo , than come back and play the holes I missed . A lot of jerks on the course , ( or maybe they just don't know golf etiquette ) . I'm as fast as there is , but occasionally I will have a fast single play thru .. There was actually a golfer that would run and play golf. . He would literally jog to the ball pulling his pull cart .. Play all 18 this way. Had enough nerve to ask why he does this , said it is the ultimate work out . Can't argue with that guy , he deserves to play thru with how hilly thAt course was

Back