2014 Players Championship Contest & Official Thread

Really enjoyed the trophy ceremony and Kaymer comments. Class act and happy for him.

Was just about to say that. Absolutely fantastic, he's so likeable and just seems genuine. His message about kids showing love for their parents not just on a special day was nice.

I don't think so. Saw 2 Martin Lairds but no Kaymers. Could be wrong though, but if someone did pick him, they deserve it!

Since he only has broken 70 four time this year i would have not consider him as a contender but he really looked back to his old forum congats to Martin

Incredible day at TPC. That putt by Kaymer on 17 was crazy! This course is so good for spectating. With the Stadium design you can always get to a place where you can see the action without having someone in your view. Was great for my wife who is not that tall.

I think it's crazy to see a pro hit two of these shots in a row:

They had it on the morning GC coverage it was funny to the avg player because we have all had those moments just not on TV

Thanks for the vid Icey, I did not get to watch any of the tournament today. That was just crazy, I have never seen anything like that before.

2014 Players Championship Contest & Official Thread

Incredible day at TPC. That putt by Kaymer on 17 was crazy! This course is so good for spectating. With the Stadium design you can always get to a place where you can see the action without having someone in your view. Was great for my wife who is not that tall.

It is such a great venue. Glad you and your wife had a good time, Barry. How was the weather delay, Did you find cover quickly? The crowds on the weekend are huge. Wondered how they get to shelter.

We were driving home from Orlando and saw the weather coming in. Seemed like the tournament waited till the final moments to call for weather.

It is such a great venue. Glad you and your wife had a good time, Barry. How was the weather delay, Did you find cover quickly? The crowds on the weekend are huge. Wondered how they get to shelter.

We were driving home from Orlando and saw the weather coming in. Seemed like the tournament waited till the final moments to call for weather.

Seemed the majority of fans left when the horn sounded. It actually didn't start raining until about 25 minutes after the horn. The worry was lightening. We walked over to nine and waited the delay out in the sheltered entrance of a permanent restroom there.

Didn't get to watch today, but I'm glad Martin held on for the win. Just caught some highlights and looked like he had a very impressive putt on 17. Hope he keeps him game back on track and gets in the hunt some more!

From the little of it I saw it was a pretty good tourney, the TPC always delivers some edge of the seat moments lol. I'm glad for Kaymer, he played some great golf and held on for the win.

I was able to somehow hold on to 10th place with Furyk's 2nd place finish. Still loosing ground on the leaders though, I am just as close to 60th place as I am to 1st.

Am I reading this right...Nobody picked the winner huh?

Might have to continue this amazing prize to another tournament.

Might have to continue this amazing prize to another tournament.

Agreed. Nobody should be able to backdoored their way into this prize.

Agreed. Nobody should be able to backdoored their way into this prize.

The contest was pick the winner. It was not a money list contest. Nobody did. We will find another tournament coming up to give it away.

The contest was pick the winner. It was not a money list contest. Nobody did. We will find another tournament coming up to give it away.

Again, I like it

Not surprising no one picked Kaymer. I don't think he was on too many people's radar coming in.

Sounds like a plan.

Freaking Johnny Miller, "well when you take that long to line up your putt..."

"Don't practice until you get it right, Practice until you can't get it wrong."

I pretty much can't stand anything Miller says

Ok. Furyk I has officially gone off the deep end with the putter...

The ball alignment garbage that Furyk was pulling on 17 green was insane. That had to be the worst display I have ever seen for lining up a putt. Good for Miller on calling Furyk out, on 18 green, when the horn blew.

Furyk spent, what seemed like, 2 minutes trying to get his nice black alignment line, that is marked on his ball, exactly line up with the exact blade of grass....and Fluff is helping him from the other side of the hole. My daughter thought I was going to start cussing at the TV. She thought it was pretty funny.

I used to like Furyk. NO MORE!

Not surprising no one picked Kaymer. I don't think he was on too many people's radar coming in.
Agreed, I figured no one picked him!

It's awesome that, that amazing THP prize will be up for grabs again!

Agreed, I figured no one picked him!

It's awesome that, that amazing THP prize will be up for grabs again!

Seeing this shaft in person this weekend deserves a capital AMAZING.

Back