Callaway Golf - Welcome To The 2014 Morgan Cup

Love seeing dream bags become a reality. Love that set-up Brad.

Bradley, I love your setup dude. Except for your grips. You j40 driver last year, was that at the same playing length?

Correct. It's just a length that I feel comfortable with.

Correct. It's just a length that I feel comfortable with.

very good sir. Esp in this setting it's going to be important to get something that you are going to be comfortable with right off the get go. Seeing how you will have less than 24 hours to get accustomed to your set up. I am also thinking of going shorter shaft on the SLDR.

Pretty awesome to see the picks. What's funny to me is how so far how popular the x2hot 4w is...

Congratulations on having the setup sent in Brad. Looks like a great set that will dominate folks not on Team Hackers. :act-up:

I am anxiously awaiting my fitting next Monday so that I can send mine in right at the deadline.

very good sir. Esp in this setting it's going to be important to get something that you are going to be comfortable with right off the get go. Seeing how you will have less than 24 hours to get accustomed to your set up. I am also thinking of going shorter shaft on the SLDR.

I have been toying with cutting the BB down to 44.5 or 44.75. Going to revisit it on Thursday when I go back.

Congratulations on having the setup sent in Brad. Looks like a great set that will dominate folks not on Team Hackers. :act-up:

I am anxiously awaiting my fitting next Monday so that I can send mine in right at the deadline.

Who is your fitter?

Big guy, I know this may have been asked of you prior to this, but I'm going to ask away.

I know you are getting a fitting done and that will help you out with what your bag will look like. Looking back at the 1st Morgan Cup, do you think you will have your bag set up somewhat similar? Anything set up wise you took away from that event that you are more conscious of now?

I think it's a smart plan, like you said, in a setup like this, you have to kind of walk a line of comfortability and familarity due to that short "adjustment period."

Pretty awesome to see the picks. What's funny to me is how so far how popular the x2hot 4w is...

Don't sleep on it trevor! That thing is a beast.

I'll dominate whoever I please Donne! Looking forward to seeing the rest of our Team Callaway brothers choices!

Don't sleep on it trevor! That thing is a beast.

It's going in my bag instead of the 3w. Done deal already. Just cool to see so many getting great results with it.

Big guy, I know this may have been asked of you prior to this, but I'm going to ask away.

I know you are getting a fitting done and that will help you out with what your bag will look like. Looking back at the 1st Morgan Cup, do you think you will have your bag set up somewhat similar? Anything set up wise you took away from that event that you are more conscious of now?

The 1st Morgan Cup was the first time I had ever put a bag together simultaneously top to bottom, really paying attention to lofts and gapping. Afterward, I tried some different setups, but keep coming back to a very similar bag set up as that one. So while there are a couple of spots that may change based on the fitting, I think the overall composition will be pretty similar: Driver, 3 FW, 3 HY, 4 HY, 5-AW, 54, 58, Putter.

I know the most lofted wedge will be 58 as I just am not comfortable with a 60. The two potential switch-ups would be replacing the 54 wedge with a set-matching SW (leaning more against this lately), and/or going 5 Wood instead of 3 Hybrid (gapping issue). Hopefully the fitting will shed some light through on those.

Spending the last few months working on swing issues (via lessons), I probably haven't spent as much time as most thinking about shaft options. I feel like I am generating less spin driver-wise, which would really let me utilize the extra forgiveness on a Big Bertha or X2Hot head compared to going minimum spin on an Alpha, but until proven otherwise, I'm pretty much going all in on the fitting which is why it was so imperative for me to make sure I got a good one.

Still counts!

Yeah I the X2Hot fine but I love my XHot 7 wood that I have been playing since last year and the BB FW's just set up really similar for me and they are more comfortable but I could easily play the X2Hot FW's. They are really good clubs. Just hit the BB a little better but I am overall more comfortable with it.

It's a solid setup, and I look forward to the opportunity to put Team Hackers to the test...

:Alien

The 1st Morgan Cup was the first time I had ever put a bag together simultaneously top to bottom, really paying attention to lofts and gapping. Afterward, I tried some different setups, but keep coming back to a very similar bag set up as that one. So while there are a couple of spots that may change based on the fitting, I think the overall composition will be pretty similar: Driver, 3 FW, 3 HY, 4 HY, 5-AW, 54, 58, Putter.

I know the most lofted wedge will be 58 as I just am not comfortable with a 60. The two potential switch-ups would be replacing the 54 wedge with a set-matching SW (leaning more against this lately), and/or going 5 Wood instead of 3 Hybrid (gapping issue). Hopefully the fitting will shed some light through on those.

Spending the last few months working on swing issues (via lessons), I probably haven't spent as much time as most thinking about shaft options. I feel like I am generating less spin driver-wise, which would really let me utilize the extra forgiveness on a Big Bertha or X2Hot head compared to going minimum spin on an Alpha, but until proven otherwise, I'm pretty much going all in on the fitting which is why it was so imperative for me to make sure I got a good one.

great answer buddy. Oh and the bolded part is my favorite. As you know and have seen throughout these events, people spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME over thinking shaft selections. You are doing it the right way IMO. Get the game shaped up and then get fit to see where you are at.

great answer buddy. Oh and the bolded part is my favorite. As you know and have seen throughout these events, people spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME over thinking shaft selections. You are doing it the right way IMO. Get the game shaped up and then get fit to see where you are at.

I agree with you both there. When Callaway said we happen open catalogue my mind was racing everywhere trying to figure out what shaft profile might work best..etc. When I went in we tried a few things and the stock shaft gave the best numbers by a wide margin. The only shaft combo I am considering is in the hybrid as the stock blue shaft in it just doesnt mesh well with me.

I agree with you both there. When Callaway said we happen open catalogue my mind was racing everywhere trying to figure out what shaft profile might work best..etc. When I went in we tried a few things and the stock shaft gave the best numbers by a wide margin. The only shaft combo I am considering is in the hybrid as the stock blue shaft in it just doesnt mesh well with me.

One of the things I made an emphasis on this year. Get out of my own way. It's fun to ponder about things and day dream. But at the end of the day, I went with the best numbers and that ended up being stock in 2 of the 5 club breakdowns (coulda been stock in wedges, I just wanted to keep the shafts uniform from the irons.)

One of the things I made an emphasis on this year. Get out of my own way. It's fun to ponder about things and day dream. But at the end of the day, I went with the best numbers and that ended up being stock in 2 of the 5 club breakdowns (coulda been stock in wedges, I just wanted to keep the shafts uniform from the irons.)

Best thing I did is check my Ego. Because when it was said and done the numbers spoke for themselves but it was not easy.... DGS300 shafts for example. But it was a no Brainer on feel and performance... Actually can't wait to hit them and the x2hot over the Alpha... But numbers spoke for themselves

Finished up my fitting tonight and submitted my equipment order. I feel really good about it. Cant thank Callaway Golf and THP for such an amazing experience. I really went into this with an open mind and was fit into some stuff that I never would have expected but it was a really fun process. So without further adue, here we go:

Driver – LH Big Bertha 10.5 / R Flex Stock shaft cut down 1 inch - Golf Pride NDMC Black / White Midsize

Fairway Woods – LH Big Bertha 3W and 5W / R flex stock shaft cut down 1/2 inch on each - Golf Pride NDMC Black / White Midsize

Hybrids – LH X2Hot 5hy / Matrix Ozik Altus HB R flex / Stock length – Golf Pride NDMC Black / White Midsize

Irons – LH Apex 5-PW + AW + SW / Recoil 660 F3 / Golf Pride NDMC Black / White Midsize

Wedges – LH Mackdaddy 2 Chrome – 60 degree 14 bounce C grind bent to 58 degrees / UST Recoil 95 S flex - Golf Pride NDMC Black / White Midsize

Putter – LH Tank Cruiser #1 Wide - 35 inches

Ball – SR2

Glove – Apex Tour / ML / Worn on right hand

Nice looking bag, Rickus. You will do well with that setup, I do believe.

Awesome looking bag Ricky.

Back