What's with all the YELLING?

Because 'MURICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's not stereotype a fan and their actions because of their location. You've been down this road before.

I actually really don't care about this, personally. Is it stupid, yes. Does it really hurt anybody, no. I'm not one that would do this, but I think wanting to kick people out and "hang them by the balls" is extreme and just reiterates why there's a lot of people that think golf is a snobby, rich people sport. That said, if someone is spoken to about it and ignores the request to stop, I would have no problem with them being kicked out.

BABABOOEE, BABABOOEE!!!!!!!

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

I hate the yelling and Bababooeee is by far the worst.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

We cant forget the Godfather of Them All

Until all the yelling began I never realised that golf attracted so many semi retarded yobs. It has no place in the game and the sooner tournament organisers get them running like The Masters etc the better. Sure, there are some times and places where it's prearranged, like the Phoenix Open and the stadium hole but idiots yelling out stupid **** for the sake of it and to get on TV is ridiculous.

Until all the yelling began I never realised that golf attracted so many semi retarded yobs. It has no place in the game and the sooner tournament organisers get them running like The Masters etc the better. Sure, there are some times and places where it's prearranged, like the Phoenix Open and the stadium hole but idiots yelling out stupid **** for the sake of it and to get on TV is ridiculous.

There is no reason to go this route.
One can make their point without bringing the mentally challenged into the equation.

Not a fan of the yelling and I'm not opposed to throwing them out. Logistically i think its difficult though to enforce.

Using Tapatalk

Not a supporter, but I just don't Mind, most other athletes in their sports have to deal with things equal to this or worse. Even pee wees, we all know those yelling parents, but realistically it is a sporting event and I feel as if we need all the fans we can get, I for one only listen on occasion I have the sound off with pandora going

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

There is no reason to go this route.
One can make their point without bringing the mentally challenged into the equation.

Not the point of the thread but I appreciate this comment. The use of the word 'retarded' in this context may be my biggest pet peeve. We have so many better words to describe yellers on the course.

It's awful, but I really don't see a way to police it. It used to be kind of funny when new ones were being said, but now it's just getting dumb.

I do not see it going away nor do I see a proper way to "enforce" these rules - as long as players aren't being distracted, who really cares?

Still not as bad as having to listen to Johnny Miller IMO.

Simple fix: Take away the highly sensitive microphones from around the teeboxes and the directional microphones pointed at the players and their caddies on the fairways, and the problem is solved, for the most part...except that people want to hear the amplified club-impact sound and the player and caddy talking about which tree to align themselves with. And so long as they do, those mics are also going to pick up people yelling bababooey and other absurdities.

Simple fix: Take away the highly sensitive microphones from around the teeboxes and the directional microphones pointed at the players and their caddies on the fairways, and the problem is solved, for the most part...except that people want to hear the amplified club-impact sound and the player and caddy talking about which tree to align themselves with. And so long as they do, those mics are also going to pick up people yelling bababooey and other absurdities.

I wouldn't like the fix, I don't care for the impact sounds, but I like hearing the talk between caddy and golfer. Listening to Spieth and his caddy 5 his week was fun.

I really don't mind it as long as it's after the shot, and it's nothing inappropriate for children. Sure, some of the shouts are moronic, but that's the world we live in. And if ultimately it's all in good fun, what does it hurt? Course, some us are Happy fans, and some of us are Shooter fans.

It is idiots who think they are funny/clever. I have seen the same things at comedy clubs where people blurt things out at the stage. At least with the comedy shows the performer can give the idiots the business....

Sadly, we will see more and more of it as people think they are special and unique snowflakes and everything they say is important.

I have been struggling with how to word this without it looking like I am stereo-typing, but the best I can come up with is that those who shout these kinds of things at events are possibly the same people who have no respect for their own course etiquette whilst playing themselves

It would be kind of fun to put these people into their own club competitions and scream out things whilst they are trying to concentrate on playing and see how they like it

Personally I do not like the shouting but like others have said, it would be a bit of a logistical nightmare to enforce the removal of offenders from an event so I suspect it will be here to stay - cheering the result of a good shot is one thing, but how long will it be before the shouts become offensive to people like we have seen in sports such as football (or soccer for those that don't recognise football as the proper sport that it is:D)

I got to witness this first hand and I felt bad for the guy trying to drive the ball.

It sounds like someone that had a cattle prod stuck in the wrong place. Man times have changed. :bulgy-eyes:

Last edited:
In all honesty it's really being encouraged by the PGA Tour and TV producers. They believe it is what the TV viewers want to see and hear. It's part of the strategy to grow the game by making it seem more exciting to TV viewers. I have nothing against fans getting ramped up for a great match or tournament. That's awesome. But I'm one of those who cringes at what they have done to the 16th at Phoenix and dreads the thought of them doing that at all the PGA tournaments. But I believe they don't know what else to do to sustain the growth of the game. I hate to tell them, there is nothing they can do. The game is going to contract. And turning it into a frat party isn't going to change that.

I think the yelling of comments is pretty stupid myself, same with people who go streaking/running on the field during football/baseball/soccer games.

However, there are a couple times when what they yell out is pretty darn funny. I remember Nicolas Coelsaerts at the US Open at Olympic Club on a driveable par 4. Going into the week all the announcers could talk about was how far he hit the ball. Then on the driveable Par 4 everybody else in his group went for it, and he layed up, and some guy yelled out "Nice lay up". Not sure why, but it made me laugh quite a bit, still does to this day just thinking about it.

I love the get in the hole yell on a shot that is headed OB lol.

A good baba-booey every now and then is good though :D

I think the yelling of comments is pretty stupid myself, same with people who go streaking/running on the field during football/baseball/soccer games.

However, there are a couple times when what they yell out is pretty darn funny. I remember Nicolas Coelsaerts at the US Open at Olympic Club on a driveable par 4. Going into the week all the announcers could talk about was how far he hit the ball. Then on the driveable Par 4 everybody else in his group went for it, and he layed up, and some guy yelled out "Nice lay up". Not sure why, but it made me laugh quite a bit, still does to this day just thinking about it.

I actually that at the Olympic Club. Although most yelling can get stupid, I thought that was hilarious because if I remember it was quiet and he yelled it.

Back