Bridgestone J40 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I had to come in hear. Do the fairway woods launch as low as the driver?

The 5w with ahina!!! Fairway finder for me. It doesnt hurt that I'm hitting this about 260 avg off the tee.
Ahina X? You sir are a beast

I had to come in hear. Do the fairway woods launch as low as the driver?

Ahina X? You sir are a beast

I am actually seeing similar launch between the j40 5w with ahina 72x as bertha 5w with fubuki k 70x. perhaps its a swing change that I had but im getting more spin now than 4 months ago

I am actually seeing similar launch between the j40 5w with ahina 72x as bertha 5w with fubuki k 70x. perhaps its a swing change that I had but im getting more spin now than 4 months ago
Thank you Kang, that helps a a lot

This 5W has been on my mind recently. Waiting to find a deal on one and think I'm gonna give it a try. Still loving the 4H of course.

This 5W has been on my mind recently. Waiting to find a deal on one and think I'm gonna give it a try. Still loving the 4H of course.

What shaft are you thinking?

3+ and 5w will be in my bag in july at The Morgan Cup with ahina 70x shafts. Accurate with good distance. Will be my fairway finder!

I have elected to play the 3+ J40 fairway wood, and the 18* j40 hybrid this year in the Morgan Cup.

The 3+ will be shafted with the Diamana Ahina 80x, providing me with incredible confidence at address on shorter par 4s, knowing that face will get me the consistency I need to drive bombs out into the middle of the fairway with some potential for rollout. The 18* hybrid will come shafted with the UST VTS Black hybrid shaft, offering me yet another fairway finding option on par 4s as well as giving me an opportunity to go after par 5s in two.

Both of these offerings will provide me with the spin and launch reduction I need to fit perfectly into my bag. To say I am excited to game them is a massive understatement.

I like it Dan, especially that hybo - such a fantastic head.

I like it Dan, especially that hybo - such a fantastic head.

I miss it so much Cookie. I gamed one for most of the 2012 season and while it went to an awesome home, I regret giving it away. So pumped for July!

I'm going with a similar setup to Kang and Dan in that I will be going with the 3+ and 5 wood with the 'ahina 80x. Like Dan, I'm looking to reign in my launch and keep my spin down to reasonable levels. I'm looking for the 3+ with the 'ahina to a nice option off the tee and to be my fairway finder. I'm expecting to be fairly long as well.

I thought long and hard if I was going to go with a hybrid. The 2 hybrid was really intriguing to me as an option, but not having spent a lot of time with hybrids, I was a little hesitant to go with it in my Morgan Cup bag. In the end, 3 and 5 will match my current bag setup in terms of loft. I am confident going after par 5s in two with both my 3 and 5 and have no doubt that I will feel the same with the J40s.

After some adjustments, I am going with the 2 hybrid with the VTS Black shaft. I haven't hit the 2 yet, but I did see one at the PGA SS and really liked how it looked. I think the 2 will be a great option off the tee and deck. Looking forward to putting it into play in Myrtle.

I was showing off my Bridgestone gear yesterday at a corporate outing I was playing in. Most of the guys has never hit anything Bridgestone other than their golf balls. I was able to show them how well they perform with all my Bridgestone woods. I was hitting some amazing 3w off the tee and fairway. Driver was great all day too. I think my pairing of my woods with the Diamana was the perfect fit for me and then the red VRS on my hybrid works great. I get a nice mid trajectory on everything, wind is never a problem for me on my woods which is great here in northern Indiana.

I can't get over how great the J40 hybrids are. Each and every round when I pull the 4h out of the bag, I just know a good shot is coming, and sure enough it always performs. I don't know how they did it, but I just love playing this hybrid.

I can't get over how great the J40 hybrids are. Each and every round when I pull the 4h out of the bag, I just know a good shot is coming, and sure enough it always performs. I don't know how they did it, but I just love playing this hybrid.

+1 This has been one of the most consistent clubs in my bag since I got it. I lean on it a ton too to get me out of tight spots.

Hoping my 5W will be ready for this weekend. Can't wait to get it out on the course and see how it compares to what I'm used to playing.

J40 3+ and 2 hybrid in the bag. These tend to be a bit fade prone with my swing. The sound is a pretty loud crack with a slight bit of ting and it is addicting! Such amazing reward on feel and shot result when struck well.

I hit Nebgolfer's hybrid when we holfed, just into a net, but it was simply awesome, awesome club to hit felt so good.

The sound of the FW and Hybrids is really nice when you catch one. I listen for it before I look up.

jM

Finally got the 5W out on the course yesterday. Only got to use it twice. First was a dead pull, which was all me. Second was a tee shot on a short par 4. Nice high draw that left me a solid wedge in. Got some time on the range with it after as well to try and dial it in a little more. Really liking the feel of this club so far. Super solid feeling and what seemed to be a pretty consistent distance. Definitely gonna leave it in the bag for league where I hit 5W off of at least two tees usually.

The FW's and Hybrids are probably the only clubs I haven't hit from the Bridgestone line. With all the high praises I know I am in good hands.

Finally got the 5W out on the course yesterday. Only got to use it twice. First was a dead pull, which was all me. Second was a tee shot on a short par 4. Nice high draw that left me a solid wedge in. Got some time on the range with it after as well to try and dial it in a little more. Really liking the feel of this club so far. Super solid feeling and what seemed to be a pretty consistent distance. Definitely gonna leave it in the bag for league where I hit 5W off of at least two tees usually.

Glad you're liking it. Can't wait to hear more as you dial it in.

Glad you're liking it. Can't wait to hear more as you dial it in.

Used it on two tees yesterday. First tee is a sharp dogleg left. I always hit 5W here as I prefer to be in play rather than risk a shot around/over the trees with driver. Been fighting a hook with everything, but was able to put a nice high draw out there at about 220-230. Perfect first shot for that hole. The short par 4 #8 is another place where I usually pull 5W so I can have a full wedge into the green. Stepped on one that rolled out to 245ish... :bulgy-eyes: That's 3W territory usually. Outdrove my partner's driver. I've been that deep once with the F5 but just goes to show that these clubs have plenty of if you do your part. I think I'm also one of the few that really likes the PX shaft. Just seems to work for me.

Overall I'm really happy with this club so far. Shots off the tee are nice and high and they seem to roll out a fair amount, but not a ton. Head shape took some getting used to because I'm so used to the compact F5 head, but I'm digging it now.

Thanks again for sending this to me man. Couldn't be happier, and I might be pondering a 3W...

I am throwing the hybrids back in the bag for a few rounds. I miss them dearly.

Back