Are You Scared of Your Shadow?

GreekGodX

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
All my golfing life I always hate seeing my shadow when I swing. Yesterday was the first day that I could see my shadow and I did not hit a poor shot. Yesterday I just really focused on the ball and tried not to look at my shadow moving as I swing.

Does anyone else have this issue? And what do you do to overcome this?

Doesn't bother me when I swing, either off the tee or on approach shots.

However, putting is a a completely different animal. Not so much my own shadow as shadows on the green. i.e. putting from sunshine into shade.

I don't have any fixes for you though.

Shadow, no, never really thought about it though. I'm aware of my shadow on the green and stuff, try not to stand where my shadow will cast over someone or their line while putting.

Now if I see my driver head out of the corner of my eye, bad things will happen.

I'm only scared of my shadow when it follows me around.:D

As I can't think of a time when shadows have ever bothered me on the course, I am going to say no, it doesn't bother me

But having said that, playing here in the UK it hasn't always been sunny enough to cast shadows..... :D

Not me, although it is better at golf than I am.

I have been known to have a conversation with it.
But the worst part is when it actually talks back.

But in all honesty my own shadow doesnt bother me. I even use it sometimes with practice swings to see if it seems smooth and fluid.

And I must say the 2-d version of myself is a very consistent ball striker. And rather handsome too.

Only once did my shadow affect my swing..... It was the weirdest thing to happen to me on the golf course so far..... Total lack of concentration and my eyes went wondering.... Topped the golf ball into the crap :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not scared of my shadow, I just hate that it's a reminder of how fat I am. Take the club back, think "is my gut really that big?"

No issues with my shadow here. If anything, it helps me before my actual swing, so see if I'm setting the club correctly at the top, or something similar to that.

My shadow is afraid of me.

Seriously, shadows only bother me when I putt.

I don't mind it anytime except for putting...especially on grainy greens

Like everyone else, I hate putting through my shadow. Also, I have noticed that as I have gotten older, my shadow has become larger and more annoying.

I really have never been bothered by my shadow the least bit. Although I'm a guy that doesn't mind if there's a party going on in my backswing either....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I fear The Shadow, but not my own shadow. It's never bothered me....but now I'll be thinking about it.

Since I tend to lift my head when I swing, I hardly ever get to see my shadow. When I do keep my head down, it doesn't bother me though. Tunnel vision and eye on the ball.

I actually like seeing my shadow on the teebox. Helps me double-check my setup and practice swings

I never really thought about it until my GF actually stooped hitting on the range hers bothered her so much. I let it be, but wanted to laugh.

Are You Scared of Your Shadow?

The only shadow that bothers me is tree shadows on the green and only because the viewing consistency is off. My shadow doesn't bother me and neither does a playing partners'. I am more concerned about keeping my routine that I will putt into a partners shadow and not even care.

Never thought about it.....

Good topic, it doesn't bother me. It never has but I am aware it's there. I do hate putting from shadows to light. So I guess my shadow does bother me but only on putts

Only ever notice on the green.

This reminds me of the old soap opera Dark Shadows, lol. I doubt anyone here is old enough to remember it.

No problem with shadows here!

HTC M8

This reminds me of the old soap opera Dark Shadows, lol. I doubt anyone here is old enough to remember it.

No problem with shadows here!

HTC M8

Actually was on TV the other day. I watched it because of the new movie.

Actually was on TV the other day. I watched it because of the new movie.

Really!? Loved that show, haha.

HTC M8

Back