Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

These will be paired with KBS Tour90's for me. Ponder over.

JM

Good to hear, buddy.

I'm back on the DPC train. After hitting the Cbs some more, I am liking the added the forgiveness the DPCs offer.

Good to hear, buddy.

I'm back on the DPC train. After hitting the Cbs some more, I am liking the added the forgiveness the DPCs offer.

Smart man!!! Great for you, troublesome for whomever you face!

Good to hear, buddy.

Any idea on shaft yet?

Smart man!!! Great for you, troublesome for whomever you face!

Can't go wrong either way, but my swing has been a bit wonky the last times out and I think the DPCs will help with that (I hope).

Any idea on shaft yet?

Leaning towards the Recoils right now, but will wait for my fitting to make the final decision.

I want the new irons to come out so I can get some DPC's cheap Haha.

Maybe more iron then I can handle? More of a players iron from the looks of it, but I have no clue.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

Is there much of a difference between these and the j38's? I see the j38 irons are a bit cheaper.

Is there much of a difference between these and the j38's? I see the j38 irons are a bit cheaper.

Shane has mentioned a few times in this thread his view that they aren't much different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had both. For me, the j40 sound/feel a little better (more solid).

I personally thought the 40's were a bit more forgiving.

On of the worse mistakes I ever made was letting my 40's go

what, no S55 love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The s55 are great irons but the long irons are to tough for this old man. Will love the apex when they arrive, but I should have held onto my 40's will always be great clubs

I want the new irons to come out so I can get some DPC's cheap Haha.

Maybe more iron then I can handle? More of a players iron from the looks of it, but I have no clue.

~Don't practice til you get it right, Practice til you can't get it wrong~

That was my initial thought/concern, but they're actually surprisingly forgiving. Not SGI forgiving, but it's easier to hit a nice shot with these than I was expecting. You can hit my 5 and 6 when we get together for a round.

This is what I did... found a great set of J38 on ebay, barely used and got an awesome deal on them, I'm still in shock. I have been following this thread and haven't seen anyone really differentiate the two so I figured, WTH. I have not taken them out on the range yet but the feel of these things just chipping balls around the backyard is quite different (amazingly better) than my AP2s. The AP2s have always been a little clicky for my liking whereas the Bridgestone forging feels so much softer. I played the J40 CB for a while and when struck well, there was no better feeling iron for me, but they were a tad unforgiving. I can see the longer profile in the head design and I am sure it will be weird to look at for a short time, but I am anxious to put that added forgiveness to work!!

So here are my new toys.... If the 40s are "more forgiving" or "better", I NEED to hit those because these are sweet. I wasn't sure I'd like the longer profile face but it inspires confidence like I have never known. Also, I am really liking the flight I get with the PX flighted 6.0. Can not wait to game these, but more importantly, I am just happy to be playing something made by this awesome company.

That's awesome. Congrats!

Those J38s sure are sassy looking. Hope you enjoy them.

So here are my new toys.... If the 40s are "more forgiving" or "better", I NEED to hit those because these are sweet. I wasn't sure I'd like the longer profile face but it inspires confidence like I have never known. Also, I am really liking the flight I get with the PX flighted 6.0. Can not wait to game these, but more importantly, I am just happy to be playing something made by this awesome company.

Very nice additions. The 38's look amazing. Happy swinging

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Nice additions and you will love the J40's when you get the chance to hit them.

After much deliberation I am going with the more forgiving DPCs for 2014 THPMC. just hard to argue with more forgiveness

After much deliberation I am going with the more forgiving DPCs for 2014 THPMC. just hard to argue with more forgiveness

If I recall, you were seeing some really good numbers with the x100s, what made you switch to the KBS tours? Were they even better? If so, you'll be a force in the MC.

I like it...great freaking irons

If I recall, you were seeing some really good numbers with the x100s, what made you switch to the KBS tours? Were they even better? If so, you'll be a force in the MC.

Yes I did see some great numbers with x100 but very similar numbers and more consistency with the kbs tour 130.

They are really great sticks

Yes I did see some great numbers with x100 but very similar numbers and more consistency with the kbs tour 130.

Oh dear lord, you're going to be a beast in July. Sounds like a perfect setup for you.

Back