The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any7yvez.jpg

A day late, but this was my favorite twitter find yesterday.

Well, this was posted in the College Football thread....

And Butch is the football coach, but I believe he was referring to women's curling.

Butch Jones said Tenn vs Bama was the SECs best rivalry, I thought that was cute.

As someone who has been around both sides of these fan bases...I'd say Bama/Tenn is one of the SEC's better rivalries that doesn't get purely nasty the way Bama/Auburn, Bama/LSU, Florida/UGA do (can't speak to Auburn/UGA).

Even without the current winning streak, as a Bama fan, I enjoy the Tennessee rivalry more than the Auburn one because of all the over-the-top crap that goes on year round inside the state of Alabama (both sides). A rivalry goes too far to me when fans are picking fights with opposing fans purely to get them kicked out of the stadium...which I have seen multiple times in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham Iron Bowls.

All that said, to call it the best overall rivalry is laughable.

As someone who has been around both sides of these fan bases...I'd say Bama/Tenn is one of the SEC's better rivalries that doesn't get purely nasty the way Bama/Auburn, Bama/LSU, Florida/UGA do (can't speak to Auburn/UGA).

Even without the current winning streak, as a Bama fan, I enjoy the Tennessee rivalry more than the Auburn one because of all the over-the-top crap that goes on year round inside the state of Alabama (both sides). A rivalry goes too far to me when fans are picking fights with opposing fans purely to get them kicked out of the stadium...which I have seen multiple times in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham Iron Bowls.

All that said, to call it the best overall rivalry is laughable.

I hate how nasty the iron bowl gets at times too, but their us no doubt the iron bowl is the bigger game to the majority of Bama fans.

The UGA /AU game is much much trouble civil than the iron bowl, but the iron bowl is still the bigger rivalry.

I hate how nasty the iron bowl gets at times too, but their us no doubt the iron bowl is the bigger game to the majority of Bama fans.

The UGA /AU game is much much trouble civil than the iron bowl, but the iron bowl is still the bigger rivalry.

The AU/UGA rivalry is really unique. I think UT/Bama has more hatred in it than AU/UGA, but I think with Auburn's success (esp. the way 2010 went down), UGA's hatred is strong for the Barn. Living in GA, this game means a ton for me. The ending last year was perfect as my phone was blowing up all the way until the prayer was answered.

TN vs BAMA is/was the biggest Cross Division Rivalry in the SEC.
Bama will say no right now, but when we were kicking their ass for 10 straight years behind Phillip, they hated us plenty.

Any TN fan that doesn't have bama #1 at their hate list, isn't a true TN FAN.

BAMA
UF
GA
Vandy

Also I'm beginning to hate AUBURN.

Disagree, but the hatred there is fun to watch.

Historically they are the SEC blue bloods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

There is certainly an argument to be made for the biggest cross divisional rivalry, my vote would go to the deep souths oldest rivalry, but it could go either way. But their are the same 3 rivalries that are always considered the top 3 in the country, the order some time changes. Their is one sec rivalry that makes the top 3 lists, and it doesn't involve Tenn.

I love seeing a Husker at the top of the 2015 mock draft!!!
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr...t-marcus-mariota-jameis-winston-randy-gregory
1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
2. Oakland Raiders - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
3. Tennessee Titans - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
4. Cleveland Browns (via Buffalo Bills)- Vic Beasley, LB, Clemson
5. New York Jets - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
6. Minnesota Vikings - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
7. Washington Redskins - Leonard Williams, DT, Southern California
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
9. Miami Dolphins - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
10. Cleveland Browns - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
11. St. Louis Rams - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
12. New York Giants - Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
13. Detroit Lions - Landon Collins, S, Alabama
14. Dallas Cowboys - P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
15. San Diego Chargers - Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State
16. Pittsburgh Steelers - Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
17. Kansas City Chiefs - Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford
18. Houston Texans - Markus Golden, DE, Missouri
19. Cincinnati Bengals - Devonte Fields, DE, TCU
20. Baltimore Ravens - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
21. Atlanta Falcons - Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State
22. Arizona Cardinals - Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida
23. Chicago Bears - Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State
24. Carolina Panthers - Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
25. New Orleans Saints - Ramik Wilson, LB, Georgia
26. Indianapolis Colts - La'el Collins, OL, LSU
27. Philadelphia Eagles - Josh Shaw, CB, USC
28. Green Bay Packers - Trey DePriest, LB, Alabama
29. New England Patriots - Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan
30. San Francisco 49ers - Jalen Mills, CB, LSU
31. Denver Broncos - Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State
32. Seattle Seahawks - Arie Kouandjio, G, Alabama

Not one University of Texas player drafted in the 2014 NFL draft. First time since 1938 that this has happened. And people wonder why Texas was looking for a change at the top. Embarrassing. Charlie has a long road ahead.

Side note: Garrett Gilbert who failed at Texas and was run off to SMU for his last two years was drafted in the 6th round. Just so fitting.

Not one University of Texas player drafted in the 2014 NFL draft. First time since 1938 that this has happened. And people wonder why Texas was looking for a change at the top. Embarrassing. Charlie has a long road ahead.

Side note: Garrett Gilbert who failed at Texas and was run off to SMU for his last two years was drafted in the 6th round. Just so fitting.

I was laughed at and ridiculed for saying that the head coach was an overrated recruiter.

Wow. Has SMU ever had more players drafted than Texas. That's some history right there

Me either. I am a football junkie. Mixed feelings though. As CFB heats up, golfing season winds down. At least here.

Me either. I am a football junkie. Mixed feelings though. As CFB heats up, golfing season winds down. At least here.

Looking forward to being in your area in October for an awesome THP Event though.

I'd be shocked if Arie K got drafted at all. No chance he goes in the first round. No chance Trey DePriest goes in round 1 either unless he has an unbelievable year this year, and I don't see that happening.

I could see DePriest as a potential first rounder if he develops...but yeah, no way Arie K goes in round one. Guards never go that early, even if he was an elite one which he is not.

Wow. Has SMU ever had more players drafted than Texas. That's some history right there

Probably pre death penalty they did. Had some of the finest paid athletes in college

WOW!! Sub 4.2?! Neon and Moss didn't even pull that off at FSU. (4.23 and 4.25 respectively. Moss also has the 55 meter record for the school...)
Michael Bennett (former badger drafted by vikings once ran a 4.13, was 4.2's at combine)

I was laughed at and ridiculed for saying that the head coach was an overrated recruiter.
Do you think he was an overrated recruiter? Or an underdeveloper of talent? Texas has always been tops in recruiting classes, and it just seems like Mack Brown always did less with "more" talent. Granted, I dont always agree with the valuations that some of these recruiting sites give players, so tifwiw.

I can't remember if I was one of them but the koolaid stopped for me a few years back. The writing was on the wall and now it's in the facts.

There was a player from Stephen F Austin selected in the draft this year. Never heard of Stephen F Austin? Not many have unless your from Texas.

Do you think he was an overrated recruiter? Or an underdeveloper of talent? Texas has always been tops in recruiting classes, and it just seems like Mack Brown always did less with "more" talent. Granted, I dont always agree with the valuations that some of these recruiting sites give players, so tifwiw.

This is the million dollar question.

I could see DePriest as a potential first rounder if he develops...but yeah, no way Arie K goes in round one. Guards never go that early, even if he was an elite one which he is not.

I have to really stretch my brain to imagine a scenario where he develops enough to be a first rounder. With that said, if he were to develop into a first rounder this D will be extremely good.

Dumb.

Dumb.

That doesn't make any sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back