Golfing in Nebraska

No logo balls for you..:p

Bumping this to see if there is anyone else interested in golfing either of these days. Is everyone OK with the 31st and 1st?

Yea I'm good for those dates.

I'm good for the Saturday the 31st. Sunday is a no-go for me though.

I'm good. ..well just OK..:p

Do ya think Super 8 on east side of Ironhorse will work or a motel on 80 in Lincoln is better?

Do ya think Super 8 on east side of Ironhorse will work or a motel on 80 in Lincoln is better?

Kind of depends on what you want to do when not golfing. You're probably 20 minutes into either Lincoln or Omaha from Ashland, so not too far out, but if we're playing west of Lincoln on Sunday staying in Lincoln might be easier for you on Sunday. I'd probably go wherever is cheaper if it were me as either would be fine.

May stay Friday @ Super 8 then wherever ya'll want for Saturday night. Only thing I'm picky about is my nose .LOL

Well if you want to do some bowling, it might be better to stay in Lincoln or Omaha? Not sure on alleys in Ashland, I assume there's one.

Oh..also I got about 5 putters if anyone wants to try. 2 are Odyssey, 1 heel, 1 center shaft. Same with 2 Heavys. Think all are 33"
I'll bring em if anybody wants to try one.
Plus bring bowling balls. My have to bowl fri or sat nite

Ya'll tell me where & I'm there! !!
Edit to add: I'm a lil excited bout this

So am I, I've been wanting to play with THPers for a while now.

One thing I want to try and do while down there is hit up someplace to get loft and lie checked on my iron and wedges.

Know of anyplace close to where we'll be golfing?

One thing I want to try and do while down there is hit up someplace to get loft and lie checked on my iron and wedges.

I'd be surprised if the course we're playing at couldn't do that, otherwise there's a golf galaxy in Omaha that should be able to.

I'm 99% sure that the West 9 at Firethorn can check the loft and lie angles.

Good deal, I didn't see anything on their website about a pro shop so I wasn't sure.

I'm 99% sure that the West 9 at Firethorn can check the loft and lie angles.

Good deal, I didn't see anything on their website about a pro shop so I wasn't sure.

They have a loft/lie machine and so does Austads, so you should have some options if you come into Lincoln.

Good deal, my swings changed a bit as well, wouldn't be bad to hit a lie board.

I think I may end up taking that Friday off, or half a day off anyways. I'm piling up some stuff I wouldn't mind doing in Omaha now. Since I'll be down there anyways.

Ok, so let's get a headcount for Saturday May 31st at Iron Horse and see if we can fill two groups.

Nebgolfer
Rhyno
Bulldog
Mulligan9111
TheDue (maybe)

Any others interested? I'll shoot for 10:00ish unless I hear Rhyno is in sooner.
:
For Sunday at course TBD (looking west of Lincoln: Milford or York):
Nebgolfer
Rhyno
Bulldog

Tee time will depend on who all chimes in.

Quoting this to see if anyone else is interested in joining either day. If not, I'll see what their policy is on 5-somes and see if we can all go off together on Saturday.

Quoting this to see if anyone else is interested in joining either day. If not, I'll see what their policy is on 5-somes and see if we can all go off together on Saturday.

Iron Horse Golf Rules

• Non-Metal spikes.
  • Collared shirts required. Proper golf attire must be worn at all times.
  • No more than 4 players are allowed per group.
  • All beverages consumed at Iron Horse Golf Club must be purchased from Iron Horse Golf Club. No personal coolers allowed.
  • Golf carts must remain on paths around tees and greens. 90 degree rule unless otherwise posted.
  • Maintain your position on the golf course. Be cognizant of your pace of play.
  • Replace divots, repair ball marks and rake bunkers.
  • No one under age 16 is allowed to operate a golf cart.
  • Be cautious when crossing residential streets with golf carts.
  • Return to clubhouse promptly after completion of 18th hole. Extra holes may be possible for a small additional fee.
http://www.golfironhorse.com/Fees.aspx

Called iron horse today and asked about this outing. They only allow tee times 7 days in advance but have no events that day so should be able to get a 10:00am time if I call early. Also, no 5somes allowed, so it will be back to back tee times. He said a 3 and a 2 would work with 5 but would be better to find a 6th. Duey, will you know by next Saturday if you can make it?

Also, for Sunday the 1st, what course do you travelers want to play and what time do you want to play?

Milford is a nice course, or at least it was when I was going to school there, it's a 9 hole course Iirc (we did more drinking then golfing.)

That's my only experience for courses down there.

Milford is a nice course, or at least it was when I was going to school there, it's a 9 hole course Iirc (we did more drinking then golfing.)

That's my only experience for courses down there.
Thornridge is the name of it, it's a nice track, and it is 9 holes!

Back