DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help. My dad would like to do a full fitting for a new set of clubs. For the longest time he made his own through Golfsmith but he's interested in Adams right now. He lives in Fairfax Station. Where is the best place he could go in the area? Thanks!

Possibly the largest selection of stuff to try (and some really good talented guys) can be found at the DC Area location for Club Champion:
http://clubchampiongolf.com/locations/washington-dc It's in MD but took me only about 1/2 hour from Fairfax. Did my putter fitting there and was very pleased. also a number of threads on here about more complete fittings at Club Champion.
Could also call Jim Smiley (head fitter) at Golfdom and check to be sure what they have.
Have also heard there is an operation at Westfields golf course but do not remember name or scope of their brand offerings/inventory.
hope this helps.

Just found my notes on the Westfield place, here is link:
http://golffittingstudios.com/

Possibly the largest selection of stuff to try (and some really good talented guys) can be found at the DC Area location for Club Champion:
http://clubchampiongolf.com/locations/washington-dc It's in MD but took me only about 1/2 hour from Fairfax. Did my putter fitting there and was very pleased. also a number of threads on here about more complete fittings at Club Champion.
Could also call Jim Smiley (head fitter) at Golfdom and check to be sure what they have.
Have also heard there is an operation at Westfields golf course but do not remember name or scope of their brand offerings/inventory.
hope this helps.

Just found my notes on the Westfield place, here is link:
http://golffittingstudios.com/

I'll second ClubChampion. I went there for my TaylorMade CB fitting. Buddha and Matt know their stuff. And like you said biggest selection of shafts and heads you will find anywhere.

As a bonus great Pizza joint right next door when your done working up an Appetite. Ha

Anyone play on Belvoir regularly? Moving to the area next month(military) and will be on the course every chance I get. Many courses outside the gate worth checking out?

was thinking of walking on - twilight - at Potomac Shores on Thursday. Anyone playing this week??

Played Potomac Shores on Sunday. Great shape, but a bit quirky with some blind shots. Very scenic with the elevation changes

Playing at a work event on Wednesday at Bretton Woods in Germantown. Anyone have any info on the course?

Anyone playing Sunday? Or want to get something going?

I am gonna play Pohick Bay in Lorton.

I played Pohick last Thursday afternoon. Overall not in bad shape .... fairways are nice. Greens could use some work (Poa annua, Bent together don't mix) but still not too bad. Course always gets a lot of play. We buzzed around the front then got behind 4 Korean women on the back side and came to a screeching halt! Didn't play too bad either ... Did Eagle #3 (the only putt I made all day!) If only I could putt! Never forget a comment one of my father's friends told me when I was younger .... "Son, if you could putt, you would be a hell of a golfer." Ever since then it has been in my head that I can't. Oh ... also when I 3 putted in a college tournament on the first playoff hole to lose! I should say it started then. Oh well ... we all have our issues. Mine just happens to be putting :angry:

Anyone playing Sunday? Or want to get something going?
Hmmh...where are you thinking. The Fiance has Birthday Plans for me on Saturday, but a Sunday Birthday round might be in the cards...if you can stand playing with a guy who right now has no idea where his iron shots are going.

Hmmh...where are you thinking. The Fiance has Birthday Plans for me on Saturday, but a Sunday Birthday round might be in the cards...if you can stand playing with a guy who right now has no idea where his iron shots are going.
Sunday is good with me. Anywhere is fine

Sunday is good with me. Anywhere is fine
How does 10:00 at Waverly Woods sound? $79. I also considered Renditions since I haven't played there in a few years and always enjoyed it. If you have another preference let me know. I can make the time for 4, and we can find two others I'm sure. What about Lee or your son?

How does 10:00 at Waverly Woods sound? $79. I also considered Renditions since I haven't played there in a few years and always enjoyed it. If you have another preference let me know. I can make the time for 4, and we can find two others I'm sure. What about Lee or your son?
Either place is fine. I can bring Matt, Lee will be out of town

Either place is fine. I can bring Matt, Lee will be out of town
Let's go with Waverly, maybe the Home Course will bring back a good mojo for me. Odd thing is the last two rounds, I've hit the ball great off the tee, just really struggling with the irons right now. Had a lesson on Saturday and that worked for a bit, then this new "hitch" started something I've never experienced before. I may have you shoot a video or two on the range and send it to Freddie to see what he sees.
I'll email UVAWahoo and see if he can make round out the group....unlesss someone else wants to jump in here and take it.

10:00 Waverly Woods--Literally half mile north of I-70 on the Marriottsville Road exit. (That's for any others, I know you know where it's at) $79.00

Ok, our foursome is set for Waverly, T2GRN18, Matt and UVAWahoo...should be a good time and looking forward to it.

Ok, our foursome is set for Waverly, T2GRN18, Matt and UVAWahoo...should be a good time and looking forward to it.

Thanks for setting this up. I look forward to meeting T2GRN18 and Matt. However, I must let ya'll know that, currently, if my golf game was art, I'd be a black velvet painting.

Thanks for setting this up. I look forward to meeting T2GRN18 and Matt. However, I must let ya'll know that, currently, if my golf game was art, I'd be a black velvet painting.
I'm no art major, but knowing your game, that must be a good thing!!

I promise if you guys don't laugh at my bad shots much, I won't complain much :) J/k UVAWahoo knows that I can take a good zinger as well as anyone, and he certainly is good at throwing them.

Just saw this! After the next two weekends, I'll have some free weekends - loved to get a round in with you guys somewhere!

Sounds good, I would look forward to it. All three of us are in Howard, Anne Arundel County areas, but I know for a fact each of us don't mind travelling a bit for a round either. UVAWahoo, just request a morning wake up instead of an O'Dark Thirty wake up :)

Damn ...I have the honey do list this weekend! Gotta meet up sometime though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I'm no art major, but knowing your game, that must be a good thing!!

I promise if you guys don't laugh at my bad shots much, I won't complain much :) J/k UVAWahoo knows that I can take a good zinger as well as anyone, and he certainly is good at throwing them.

One the reasons why it has been much, much too long since we have played together is that we always have a good time, we both know how to laugh at ourselves and each other. If we didn't, I suspect we would cry, I know I would. I think you will be surprised by the new me and it ain't pretty. Believe me, I'm missing fairways and short putts. It just sort of happened, I don't know how to explain it. But as long as I remain on the green side of the grass, I have no real reason to complain.

One the reasons why it has been much, much too long since we have played together is that we always have a good time, we both know how to laugh at ourselves and each other. If we didn't, I suspect we would cry, I know I would. I think you will be surprised by the new me and it ain't pretty. Believe me, I'm missing fairways and short putts. It just sort of happened, I don't know how to explain it. But as long as I remain on the green side of the grass, I have no real reason to complain.
well maybe a long overdue round together will bring out the best in both our games. If not, we'll just have a good time and watch Father try to hold off son in the other match!

edit: An just an FYI for anyone else, the 10:10 time right behind us is open if there are others that want to make it a mini THP outing.

well maybe a long overdue round together will bring out the best in both our games. If not, we'll just have a good time and watch Father try to hold off son in the other match!

edit: An just an FYI for anyone else, the 10:10 time right behind us is open if there are others that want to make it a mini THP outing.

Anyone else want to join in the 10:10 group? I may be able to get my honey-do list done on Saturday. It's only 50 minutes from my house.

Anyone else want to join in the 10:10 group? I may be able to get my honey-do list done on Saturday. It's only 50 minutes from my house.
Go for it guys...the more the merrier

Just wanted to checkin over here as well and say Hey. I have to travel some on the weekends (my daughters live in NC), but I'm always up for a round whenever I'm in town. I currently live in the Southern Maryland area, but I have no problem driving to meet up and play any where in MD or VA. I've gotten up early before, driven 5 hours to play golf and then turned around and drove back after the round. So, I enjoy playing when I get the opportunity. I look forward to getting in a few rounds and meeting fellow local THPers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back