Memphis and Midsouth chat thread

Who all from this amazing crew are headed to Lake Charles for the Invitational?

Just me and jholl, rest are occupiedo lol

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

would have loved to have gone. This was on my radar from the time it was announced. But a visit to my daughters college was on HER radar, so I need to do this with her. I hope you guys have a great time!

JM

Hey guys, who is the best fitter in the Memphis area? I'm in dire need of a new driver and there isn't much in terms of fitting quality in Tupelo. I want to find someone with a good launching monitor and will work with me on finding the right head and shaft instead of just letting me figure it out on my on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Courtney,

I have heard good things about both of the Edwin Watts locations. If you are going to the one on Germantown Pkwy, ask for Kurt. He is always very helpful to me and I see him doing fittings all the time. There is a GolfSmith here as well, but I just don't know enough about those guys. I shop there a lot, but have never heard anything about their fittings. There is a GolfTec location there as well, and I think they do fittings too.

Hope this helps!

JM

Hey Courtney,

I have heard good things about both of the Edwin Watts locations. If you are going to the one on Germantown Pkwy, ask for Kurt. He is always very helpful to me and I see him doing fittings all the time. There is a GolfSmith here as well, but I just don't know enough about those guys. I shop there a lot, but have never heard anything about their fittings. There is a GolfTec location there as well, and I think they do fittings too.

Hope this helps!

JM

Thanks JM. I may check them out. The last time I bought all new clubs, I got them there (at the time, they were Double Eagle Golf or something like that).

The guy I go to is awesome. His name is Scott Felix and he is the club fitting pro @ Spring Creek Ranch in Memphis, TN area. He has over 20 years of experience. He also works with some PGA tour players as well. Go to Felixclubworks.com and check him out. He is worth the time and money. Tell him I recommended his services to you.

The guy I go to is awesome. His name is Scott Felix and he is the club fitting pro @ Spring Creek Ranch in Memphis, TN area. He has over 20 years of experience. He also works with some PGA tour players as well. Go to Felixclubworks.com and check him out. He is worth the time and money. Tell him I recommended his services to you.

Cool thanks. Do you have to be aver to use this service? Any idea what a fitting costs?

Cool thanks. Do you have to be aver to use this service? Any idea what a fitting costs?

He's good. You don't have to be a member. Give him a call.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Lil info guys
(at putt putt)
equby5uz.jpg

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

He's good. You don't have to be a member. Give him a call.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I'm going next Thursday to do my driver fitting at Felix Club Works. Fingers crossed :)

I moved my driver fitting up to tomorrow. I'm going in with no brand preference. Should be interesting.

I moved my driver fitting up to tomorrow. I'm going in with no brand preference. Should be interesting.

Show up rested and loose.
Have fun and enjoy the process.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Im in the Little Rock, AR. Trying to find some THPers on here close to me.

You're in the right spot. I'm in Jonesboro. I was actually in LR yesterday.

Warren, AR here. About and hour and 15 to 30 minutes south of LR.

There are a few, maybe we can set up an unofficial THP event over in Arky to help
grow the Little Rock area.
I'm sure we could get 3-5 tee times filled up.

Terry and me won the Golfnuts Masters event to start the season. Good day to be a nut
Happy happy!
9ubaba9u.jpg

Congrats Tazz. Wish I could have been out there with you guys. Rich said you got about 6 holes in before the bottom fell out. Way to go on the win!

JM

Congrats Tazz. Wish I could have been out there with you guys. Rich said you got about 6 holes in before the bottom fell out. Way to go on the win!

JM

Thanks. Richie and Joey came in second. 6 was the cut off that everyone was able to finish. I just got hot at the right time lol
Think we'll play Glen Eagles next Sun.

Well, I'm in if I get the email... I hear the greens are really abnormally bad at Glen Eagles right now.

JM

Great job, but you didn't have to cut me out of a greenie!

Great job, but you didn't have to cut me out of a greenie!

My bad, was mishit lol ask Rich haha

Hey guys,
The 9 hole league I play in at Cordova Club will begin tomorrow.
http://www.southerngolftour.com/
We play every Tue around 4 or 5pm
Open to first 40 golfers, but usually only 30 or so actually play.
Check it out and maybe I'll see ya tomorrow about 4p

If it wasn't Cordova Club I would say sign me up. Me and that course do not get along

Back