DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else want to play Sunday with the guys?? Let me know

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I reached out via phone to a couple guys but they had plans. Hopefully at least one or two others will see this and jump in.

Wish I could. This weekend sucks for me.

Bump for anyone else interested.

T2GRN18 his son Matt, UVAWahoo and I are playing at 10:00 Sunday the 18th at Waverly Woods.

As of earlier today the 10:10 time was still available if anyone else wants to add another foursome.

No one else apparently is available I want to play somewhere

I wish I could but Sunday I can't.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bump for anyone else interested.

T2GRN18 his son Matt, UVAWahoo and I are playing at 10:00 Sunday the 18th at Waverly Woods.

As of earlier today the 10:10 time was still available if anyone else wants to add another foursome.

Damn 10 is a bit early for me. Party on Saturday night but I have heard great things about that course so I am in for the next time.

Have a blast Kevin and His son are great to play with just be warned there WILL be quite a bit of banter! Haha all in good fun

No one else apparently is available I want to play somewhere

I am thinking Pohick 2 ish Sunday.

DC MD VA Area Chat

I am thinking Pohick 2 ish Sunday.

I've been to a demo day with him. But he was super nice to me as I was struggling with my swing that day. I'm prepared for the gloves to come off. Of course with his swing about all I will be able to pick on is he only hit a 4 yard draw when he was trying for a 6 yard one. Ha.

DC MD VA Area Chat

Haha, actually Jesse is speaking of the banter that goes on between Matt and I. He's been to a few THP events, and has played several times with THPers so he's learned to have fun.

Haha, actually Jesse is speaking of the banter that goes on between Matt and I. He's been to a few THP events, and has played several times with THPers so he's learned to have fun.

Gotcha. I thought maybe that's what he meant as well. But UVAWahoo will not hold back any daggers if they are called for. But then he's the first to commend a great shot as well.

Haha I just saw this and Kevin is absolutely right. He saw me hit some dreadful golf shots when we played together and he was a gentleman about all of them. Kevin and his son are a blast to play with you guys will have such fun.

Haha I just saw this and Kevin is absolutely right. He saw me hit some dreadful golf shots when we played together and he was a gentleman about all of them. Kevin and his son are a blast to play with you guys will have such fun.

Very much looking forward to it.

Hitting all the different clubs with him at the Demo day last month was a great time. He offered up any of his Callaway sticks for me to try.

1st class guy no doubt. I'm sure it will be a true joy playing with him and Matt.

Played Poolesville in MD this afternoon. I paid for 18 but only played 9. You want to talk about slow play! My god .... I couldn't take it. Course is in pretty good shape cdnt get used to the greens but hit the ball solid. 2 1/2 hours for 9 is just insane! I wasn't meant to play today .... I went to Goose Creek and Westpark first but they were both closed because of flooding

Played Poolesville in MD this afternoon. I paid for 18 but only played 9. You want to talk about slow play! My god .... I couldn't take it. Course is in pretty good shape cdnt get used to the greens but hit the ball solid. 2 1/2 hours for 9 is just insane! I wasn't meant to play today .... I went to Goose Creek and Westpark first but they were both closed because of flooding

That is absurd for 9 holes. I can't stand that let me guess 7 practice swings before each shot and everyone standing around waiting for others to hit...... The pace of play initiative really needs to be marketed much better IMO

Playing Pohick today and man I hope they do not run out of carts like they did last time.

I expect to see this thread full of pics from the course it is supposed to be an absolutely perfect day! Hit em well all

Should be a good morning to tee it up. Headed to the course shortly. Get a few swings in before our time.

Great round with T2GRN18, Matt and UVAWahoo today. Great conditions at Waverly Woods. A bit breezy and of course seems like we were always hitting into the wind.

Highlight of the round was on hole 12 where you really only want a 200 yard tee shot favoring the left side of the fairway. The holes playing into a pretty stiff wind. Kevin proceeds to hit a beautiful high draw to position A. Probably used a 4 or maybe 5 iron at most. It's a bit over the hill so you can't actually see the ball land. But having played this course for 15 years I knew it was about perfect.

Larry hit driver a bot lower but on about the same line and I hit a 3 wood and got it a bit higher than I wanted and it a affected by the wind but not horrible by any means.

We get up to the balls and they are all in a line. The back two are separated by about 10 yards the 3rd one is about 30 yards ahead of the second one. Kevin after dropping Matt off over at his ball drives up and asks us who his his. I say the long one of course. Wahoo says "did you really have to ask that question. Just to make us feel bad, out driving us with an iron?"

Kevin just very modestly says. I wasn't sure. Pretty funny stuff.

Really enjoyed the company of all 3.

That is absurd for 9 holes. I can't stand that let me guess 7 practice swings before each shot and everyone standing around waiting for others to hit...... The pace of play initiative really needs to be marketed much better IMO

Groups waiting to hit their 2nd shots to a par 5 after they just dribbled it off the tee about 100 yards, not playing ready golf, carts on the path so people NEVER take enough clubs with them so inevitably walk back to the cart a few times, etc. At one point there were 4 groups on #8 the long par 3 over water .... 1 one the green, 1 on the tee, and 2 waiting! It was insane! The course is not that long so there is no reason for the play to be that slow. I went in the clubhouse when I returned the cart and jokingly said "Do you give rain checks for slow play?" I got no response from the kid ... no surprise. Oh ... no marshall in sight either ... not that it would have mattered. :banghead:

Played Pohick yesterday and I sucked. Course was in really good shape but was game was not. Just an off day for me I hope. It was a little slow and we got paired up with an older couple who were very slow and decided to walk which also slowed things up. Not trying to make excuses but I was playing so well before yesterday. Oh well on to the next round

Playing Pohick today. Nice shape wow did I get paired with some real winners LOL

Playing Pohick today. Nice shape wow did I get paired with some real winners LOL

Nice, how did ya hit em? I can't wait to play that place during the week and not on the weekend. I know I can play so much better without all of the distractions that come from playing on the weekend.

Still playing. Even on the front 9
gagy3upu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back