First Amatuer Golf Tournament Since High School

Thanks everyone!! Didn't get a chance to play last night thanks to the wife making me go to her brothers Bday party an hour away last night. But suppose to get back out there tonight with fellow THPer manlai. Suppose to be real windy today so it should be interesting.

Well the tournament Tee Times came out today so it's getting really real now. Looks like I won't be the first group out so it won't be terrible. Hopefully the rain can stop so I can get some practice rounds in before Saturday.
teetime.jpg

Good luck Coers! Make sure you don't #coersit with your tee time.

Good luck bud!!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Well the tournament Tee Times came out today so it's getting really real now. Looks like I won't be the first group out so it won't be terrible. Hopefully the rain can stop so I can get some practice rounds in before Saturday.
teetime.jpg
Good luck, do you know the other 2 you are playing with?

Good luck, do you know the other 2 you are playing with?

I don't know anyone in the tournament besides my friend josh blaum. Probably will recognize faces but I will give it my best that I can.

Good luck Coers. I have my first tourney since 2010 next weekend . Main thing is to have fun , relax , and do our best . Rhythm / tempo / fairways / greens / and no 3 putts
I never even played the course yet , work and life in the way now

teetime.jpg

Good Luck Roomie! Play your game and be honest with yourself in your shot decision making process.

JM

Good luck Andrew!

I don't know anyone in the tournament besides my friend josh blaum. Probably will recognize faces but I will give it my best that I can.

I think that's great. It's always fun to play outside of my comfort zone. It makes me focus more. Good luck buddy.

Thanks again guys. My big thing about this weekend is course management and staying in the fairways. It might be a 400 yard par 4 but if I have to hit a 6 iron to stay in the fairway instead of the woods ill do that. Say only one I am afraid of is hole #6 but hey I am going to keep the driver going like I had it in Florida and keep hitting fairways. Going to make it out there tonight and get it on like Donkey Kong!!!

Play well. Enjoy the day!

Good luck man! Awesome for you to get into something like this.

Have fun, play your game and above all don't worry about what other people will think if you hit a bad shot or have a bad hole - they're too worried about what YOU'LL think if THEY hit a bad shot or have a bad hole!

I was hoping to piggy back along on your thread coers. I am playing in my very first individual stroke play tournament this weekend in Richmond Michigan. Gull Lake Country Club. Didn't play highschool golf so this will be a brand new experience. Nervous as all heck leading up to Saturday. When the tee times were posted on Tuesday I knew it was real. Here goes nothing.

I was hoping to piggy back along on your thread coers. I am playing in my very first individual stroke play tournament this weekend in Richmond Michigan. Gull Lake Country Club. Didn't play highschool golf so this will be a brand new experience. Nervous as all heck leading up to Saturday. When the tee times were posted on Tuesday I knew it was real. Here goes nothing.

Well I wish you the best sir. We both have to keep our heads up and play smart golf. We can do it, just have to stay positive.

Well I wish you the best sir. We both have to keep our heads up and play smart golf. We can do it, just have to stay positive.

No doubt my friend. I look forward to your updates after the round/weekend to see how you did. I trust my golf game, but I know I can let nerves get me. I just don't want to shank the first one off the tee. Easy hybrid and then we are off.

Good luck Bud!!!! Focus and update us when you can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Not sure how I missed this thread, but just got caught up. Good luck Andrew! Play well and play your game!!

Hoping tomorrow won't be worse than my round tonight.
yvymama4.jpg

Ended up with a 51 tonight, just couldn't hit the driver well and the rough was thick which didn't help. Didn't get to play the whole back nine so I just practiced with two balls trying some things out. Ended up pushing my hand a little forward and BOOM I was hitting fairways again. Golf it's a funny thing, and it's always something simple and it's like your a whole different person after figuring it out. Tonight I am going to take it easy, do a lot of praying that I can play well tomorrow. Gonna keep my head up, and just play smart golf.

Just get out there and swing. You'll be fine. Can't be anymore pressure than playing with JB in front of all THP :) good luck!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Just get out there and swing. You'll be fine. Can't be anymore pressure than playing with JB in front of all THP :) good luck!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I did that tonight and shot a stupid 51. And me playing with JB infront of everyone I didn't feel much pressure. Guess I'll just have to see how it goes tomorrow.

I don't want to be rude.and forgive me if this comes off wrong. But maybe starting a thread like this is putting too much pressure on yourself . Almost like a pre round press conference or something. I would be a nervous wreck after this , and would have to drink at least 4 beers pre round to relax. Just relax, stop positing on this thread..and think "I can and I will do this ". And no matter what, it is a learning experience . No matter what the result ( I know u will do fine ) you can see where your game is and what you need to change when the pressure is on. So it will be a great day, and great learning

a beer or 2 won't hurt either right now

Back