swing by swing app

Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
swing by swing had been a great app, imo. quick to load, accurate, reliable, etc. The most recent Samsung/sprint update, 4.4.2, as of May 1st, has negated virtually all of those qualities in this app. It is now impossibly slow to load, the screen blanks out, can't find you on the course....By any chance has anyone using this app and having downloaded the update to their phone, had a positive or non performance changing result from as a result? thanks, Art

I have it on my phone, and while i havnt used it that much, it doesnt do any of those things.

Try re-installing the app.

swing by swing had been a great app, imo. quick to load, accurate, reliable, etc. The most recent Samsung/sprint update, 4.4.2, as of May 1st, has negated virtually all of those qualities in this app. It is now impossibly slow to load, the screen blanks out, can't find you on the course....By any chance has anyone using this app and having downloaded the update to their phone, had a positive or non performance changing result from as a result? thanks, Art

Hi Art!

I'm the founder of Swing by Swing. I have no idea what could be causing your recent issues... unfortunately. But if you send us an email at support@swingbyswing.com we'll help you troubleshoot.

FYI, we have an update coming out any time now that will include bug fixes and a lot of other cool stuff like Handicap in the app, a new Home page, deeper stat tracking, and a lot more.

So if all else fails, download the update in a few days and it should fix your problem... Hope you get to have some fun with it :)

Travis

Hi Art!

I'm the founder of Swing by Swing. I have no idea what could be causing your recent issues... unfortunately. But if you send us an email at support@swingbyswing.com we'll help you troubleshoot.

FYI, we have an update coming out any time now that will include bug fixes and a lot of other cool stuff like Handicap in the app, a new Home page, deeper stat tracking, and a lot more.

So if all else fails, download the update in a few days and it should fix your problem... Hope you get to have some fun with it :)

Travis
hi travis, ive used your app for a while now and it is very helpful. thank you for a very decent product

I've never actually used the app on the course because my phone battery sucks, but I've used course explorer about a thousand times and love it. Haven't seen any issues loading lately.

Hi Art!

Travis

Excited to hear about this. I have a pro membership and I really love the new features adding in slope and wind speed/direction and giving the calculated distance. Granted it's not allowable for an official handicap, but it's a good learning aid to understand about adding/dropping a club for certain situations.

Hi Art!

Travis

great to hear from you. i received the same message from the support gang at swing by swing. i have tried the uninstall and re-install to no avail. I am using my wifes samung now as I downloaded the app to it. she has refused the newest sprint/samsung update and the app performs flawlessly on her phone. i am hopeful that your new version will return full functionality to swing by swing on my phone. Thanks and i will be sure to keep you updated. Art

If possible, reset your phone to factory version which reload the OS. I have had to do that on some phones pin the past (support about 500 smart phone users).

I am running SbS and using Pebble Steel...outstanding combo. Like having a gps watch with all the benefits of a true golf app.

Clark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What an amazing app. The only thing I don't like about it is my favorite course is so far in the middle of nowhere that finding a good signal can be tough, but that is not the app's fault at all.

I've found the uphill/downhill + wind calculations to give you the "plays like" distance are almost spot on.

I've had some trouble with occasional funky yardage, but otherwise its a great app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Just downloaded this app. Loads fine and it looks pretty cool, thanks.

Have been using Swing by Swing for awhile. Really nice program. To date I haven't had any issues with it.

I like it but Golf Pad seems to load faster

I tried swing by swing, hole 19 and Golfshot, so far for me easiest is golfshot....

I have never used it on course as I don't have a good enough mobile signal reception at my home course, but I don't really need it there as a course guide

I have used it numerous times when playing at courses I don't know prior to visiting to get an idea of the course and potential hidden hazards - am I right in thinking that if you view the course explorer when you have a data connection the app stores the data so you can view it later without a data connection?

I guess an alternative is to take a screenshot of each hole on your phone to give you an overhead view of the course?

I have never used it on course as I don't have a good enough mobile signal reception at my home course, but I don't really need it there as a course guide

I have used it numerous times when playing at courses I don't know prior to visiting to get an idea of the course and potential hidden hazards - am I right in thinking that if you view the course explorer when you have a data connection the app stores the data so you can view it later without a data connection?

I guess an alternative is to take a screenshot of each hole on your phone to give you an overhead view of the course?

I use a screen shot of the course's yardage book if it is available online, or if I have purchased one from the course.

That being said, swing by swing has been pretty good. But, even though I have entered each club's yardage, it does not give me a suggested club. The only other complaint I have is the elevation and wind "Plays like yardage" is only for the center of the green.

Used this for the first time today. Yardages seemed pretty accurate, accurate enough for me anyway.

Between it and Amazon Prime Music though, my phone battery went from 100% to about 60% during the round. That doesn't sound to bad, but I have a Franken Battery.

Used this for the first time today. Yardages seemed pretty accurate, accurate enough for me anyway.

Between it and Amazon Prime Music though, my phone battery went from 100% to about 60% during the round. That doesn't sound to bad, but I have a Franken Battery.
Whats interesting is I have found it to be very light on the battery, I can play a full round in about 25% with no extended battery on my Nexus. But I always find that these type of apps destroy your battery life on older phones, and you are still on the s4 correct?

SwingXswing is a good app. Like how they "try" calculate yardage with win and elevation factured in. Limited stats keeping. I've used golf logic and SXS app and both or spot on for yardage

Whats interesting is I have found it to be very light on the battery, I can play a full round in about 25% with no extended battery on my Nexus. But I always find that these type of apps destroy your battery life on older phones, and you are still on the s4 correct?

Yep, still the S4.

Got tired of this app crashing. Moved on to hole 19.

Back