How many have a spouse that makes more money than you?

She does.
Her job is considerably more dangerous than mine.
Her job has a lot of risk/reward factors to it.

She does make more money than me, but with the recent troubling downturn in Methamphetamine prices, I am getting closer every day!

Of course I am kidding. I still am in the lead, but we handle our finances 100% separately, and has worked that way for 21 years. The only way I know I make more is I do the taxes.

My wife has always earned more than I do. Thankfully cause it has allowed me to choose a career that I enjoy (most days), and chase the dream a little bit. In the end were a team that work to live.

Not now, but she did when we started our careers and it was never an issue. Nor is it an issue now that it's the other way around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife doubled me up last year for the first time... I do carry the insurance for the family and since I work 5 minutes from home, rarely work over 40 hours, I get to be a little bit of Mr. Mom. Housekeeping, yardwork, coaching little league and generally running errands all end up in my court. I like to stay busy and whatever gets me the time to golf on the weekend is fine with me.

Also, for the last 12-13 years I have handled all the finances which was not a strength of my wife's. Best decision we made. After a contentious first couple years of marriage where someone was losing receipts or forgetting to pay a bill, it's all my responsiblity.

She does.

She does make more money than me, but with the recent troubling downturn in Methamphetamine prices, I am getting closer every day!

Of course I am kidding. I still am in the lead, but we handle our finances 100% separately, and has worked that way for 21 years. The only way I know I make more is I do the taxes.
Same system has worked for us for 19 years (next month). Completely separate, and share the bill equally. The only time money comes up is when I make a big golf purchase or something, she will say...don' t come to me for money in retirement....ha ha.

Lol....you guys in this forum are awesome. Easily the most humble and down to earth forum I belong to. Can't say much for WRX though......unless you're a club ho, which I never heard the term until I joined a few months ago. PS....I rarely visit that forum.....only for club reviews but honestly they're are better and more informative on this site.

I honestly have no idea.
Everything is pooled as a team.
I dont handle the finances, the paychecks or anything.
If I had to guess, I would say pretty even.

Technically, you make more because I take a portion of my paycheck and put it away into our savings. It's all the same though, as you said our money is just pooled together into one account.

not for now, but I see this day coming, I supported her for a few years while she finished university, and she got really close to what I earn on the first year out! I am proud of here because it annoyed her a lot that I had to help her while she was only working part time and studying. It was all worth it

My wife doubles me in income. It actually does bother me. But not in a neagtiveway, but in a motivation way. I want to strive for bigger and better and she is right there with me.

Girlfriend and I both graduate next year. I'll be graduating with a undergraduate degree, here with a doctorate of dentistry, I'll never come close to here earnings and she'll end up working fewer days than me. Doesn't both me one bit, we'll both be entering careers that we've always wanted to do, which is more fortunate than most.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You never know - the future never turns out like you think it will. Both my wife and I found careers that we love after college and my sales job with 3M moved us to California. She was fortunate to leave a failing company and latch onto a huge growth company 10 years after graduation. If you are in the right place at the right time, you may wind up making much more than a dentist. Living here in California I'm surrounded by people who hit it big with companies like Intel, Cisco, JDS Uniphase, Microsoft, and more recently, Facebook and Salesforce.

You never know - the future never turns out like you think it will. Both my wife and I found careers that we love after college and my sales job with 3M moved us to California. She was fortunate to leave a failing company and latch onto a huge growth company 10 years after graduation. If you are in the right place at the right time, you may wind up making much more than a dentist. Living here in California I'm surrounded by people who hit it big with companies like Intel, Cisco, JDS Uniphase, Microsoft, and more recently, Facebook and Salesforce.

Possibly, though as a future urban planner I'm not going to hold my breath haha.

How many have a spouse that makes more money than you?

I'm making more & we are ok with that. What my wife does is hard to make a ton of $$, but the perks of her job make up for it.

Funny thing about finances, she wanted to know where we stood. I handed her the USB stick with all the accounts, assets, debt, bill payment dates, etc.. Within 20 minutes she handed it back & said "just put the bank app on my phone so I can see if I can buy something."

Currently such is not the case. However, I trust it will be within the next year or so. I plan on being, at the minimum, semi-retired by that time. If my tax attorney is worth his fees, I had darn well better be able to show less income.

My wife makes considerably more than me, but since she pays more of the bills and doesn't gripe too much about my golf purchases, it all works out.
We actually both work for the same company and my biggest complaint is that the department I work in (accounting) is the most underpaid. Employees in most of the other departments either make 50 - 100% more while being exempt from OT, or have a similar hourly rate but get a ton of OT hours.
20 or 30 years ago, accounting used to get some OT hours and had comparable earnings to everyone else. Guess I just came along a decade or two late.

I wish I had this problem

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw this topic. Would be pumped if the wife made more then me, more money for golf clubs!

When I first started dating my wife she was a stock broker and I thought I would be a kept man but she decided to follow her dreams (which I fully supported) and become a teacher. I now make a lot more but we are both happier now as I potentially move from engineering to finance.

She does.

my fiancee makes more then me but shes a genious so i dont mind. she studied bio-chemistry and works and an in vitro fertilization at the Cleveland clinic making babies.

we used to joke when watching breaking bad she could probably cook some sick meth lol

...When you grow up in a middle to lower income house with many siblings it's hard to shake old habits.....including spending. In fact I still eat cold chili from a can. Loll. Also, I've found out that there's a lot of parity within golf equipment.....from Acer to Ping. Consumers are suckers for name brand gear. It applies to everything in life.

I wish I could say that about my wife. She grew up dirty poor and is well off now. You'd think she would understand the value of money more than anyone else, but likes to blow money like she's got a money tree in the backyard.

She technically makes more than me, but has an hourly rate and doesn't always work enough during the year to make more. It doesn't bother either of us when one makes more than the other.

My wife made more last year then me but this year I will surpass her. Yes, money is important but my wife wants a career. She is VP in marketing and killing it. I could see her being Chief Marketing Officer in 5 years. I am a sales rep for footwear company getting paid well. My schedule is a lot more flexible and I play mister mom quite a bit and love it. I just want my wife to be happy and she is.

my fiancee makes more then me but shes a genious so i dont mind. she studied bio-chemistry and works and an in vitro fertilization at the Cleveland clinic making babies.

we used to joke when watching breaking bad she could probably cook some sick meth lol

Sounds about like my wife. Her mom worked at college so she was taking college courses when she was 15. She graduated from high school a year early and was already a junior when she enrolled for her first full semester of college. She's got a degree in chemistry and worked at a paper mill for a few years before deciding the pay wasn't worth the danger.
She took a large pay cut and went to work basically as part time help for her current employer and has worked her way up to the point where she now runs the IT department for this region.

My wife is a stay at home Mom to our two girls. That's a job unto itself, for sure. There are days I wish she HAD a job, but it is what it is. She's talked about going back to work as a Part Time basis once both girls are in school full time. Probably as a substitute teacher in our school system, but if any of you all know of a REAL, at home job, that's NOT some sort of pyramid marketing scheme, feel free to PM me! Even if she was only to make an extra $500 a month, that would be $500 more than she's making now. lol

I make more for now, but that will change someday since my wife is already in senior management and I am just breaking into project management. It's not an issue for me, I grew up in a house where my mom made way more than my dad did.

I got no significant other....so I would say No.....hehe

My wife is a stay at home mom, but is about to launch a business with a friend of hers. They have grand ambitions, and I hope they get there. I do just fine as the breadwinner in our family, but I would be more than happy to be a house husband if my wife hits it big. My typical day would then be: drop kids off at school, play some golf, maybe go fishing, pick up kids, make them do homework and chores after school, have cocktails ready for the little Mrs. when she gets home. Yeah, I could do that.

Back