Wet Conditions. ..What's your strategy?

I actually find wet conditions ideal. Especially with my iron play. Turf interaction is much better and of course my PPR drops dramatically.

I think one of the best things you can do in wet conditions is get on the practice green. Throughout a round heavy and light greens and misreading speeds can be a difference between a good wet round and a bad one. Checking the practice green, doing some practice pitches and watching them roll out, or how quick they stop etc can be a massive advantage to someone who shows and and doesnt understand and leaves putts massively short or long. Turn a lot of 3's into 2's on the green that way in the wet.

just played yesterday in some pretty soggy conditions. Light rain for several hours overnight and morning temps not high enough to dry anything out. As someone whose main miss is hitting the ball fat, it was pretty miserable out there. Hitting even a quarter inch behind the ball gets exaggerated and punished much more severely when the ground provides zero resistance. I personally just played the ball a little bit further back in my stance and took easier swings (and made sure the sand bottles were full). It helps but doesn't completely eliminate the "sog effect". My score suffered, but I still had a blast. Even if there was a lot more cleanup to do afterwards :)

Baldguy - next time you face these conditions choke up a bit... the feet tend to sink in the soft ground, and like you said, a 1/4 miss is huge in wet conditions.

Back