Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

It's getting silly, really.

Great job. What is your old driver?

Cant wait till next week when I can finally try this club and hopefully bring one home.

I am currently playing a BB 10.5 with the stock shaft. I went for my fitting at CPC for my MC bag and came away playing the exact same setup. I tried a bunch of custom shafts (some of which were really expensive) and in the end the stock pairing came away the winner by a large margin. They did such a great job with this pairing. It obviously doesnt work well for everyone but I think they hit a large part of the population with it plus the additional adjustments. My fitter and I decided to play it at +2 loft and in the D setting. Since I have made those changes, I am hitting my driver further than I ever have. Glad I will have a comfort level heading into the MC with the Bertha.

Its a solid pairing Dev, I used the R flex in it.

I'm looking forward to see Ricky and Bertha in action tomorrow.

I am using the exact same settings Ricky. I am loving it so far. Hitting a ton of fairways with this setting.

Its a solid pairing Dev, I used the R flex in it.
With me adding some swing speed, my fitter and I spoke about possibly going to the S flex but after hitting some of both decided that cutting an inch off the stock shaft and keeping it in the R flex was the best course of action.

I'm looking forward to see Ricky and Bertha in action tomorrow.
Me too dude!!!

Glad you're enjoying it Ricky! I love mine. +1/N for me. Tee shots used to be scary, now they're a lot of fun.

This is my set up also. I have the sliding weight at 2 on the fade side & when I connect the ball has a nice flight to it. The tee box is fun again!
Glad you're enjoying it Ricky! I love mine. +1/N for me. Tee shots used to be scary, now they're a lot of fun.

Certainly think I could benefit from lofting up with this one. May tinker around on the range this weekend and see if I notice any differences. Was very happy with the way I drove the ball last weekend, just could use a few more yards

This is my set up also. I have the sliding weight at 2 on the fade side & when I connect the ball has a nice flight to it. The tee box is fun again!

1 Draw, here. Straightest and longest driver I've ever owned. And it's not close.

Another fun Bertha story. I played a short par 4 on Monday, dogleg right that asks for a fade that I usually would hit an iron off of the tee, but I was striking it so well with Bertha, I decided to aim down the middle and try to hit a fade... with driver. Perfect cut and I had a half wedge into the green. That's a shot I've never been able to pull off before.

Mike- what kind of ball flight are you getting?

Mike- what kind of ball flight are you getting?

Pretty straight maybe a slight cut (which I'm ok with) and just penetrates the wind. Doesn't balloon at all. I hit into some winds a while back and still saw respectable distances.

Went 6/7 fairways today. Even the bad swings still managed to produce axing results.

aguma2yd.jpg

Won the long drive today in the scramble thanks to a #BerthaLong 290 yard drive straight down the middle.

aguma2yd.jpg

Won the long drive today in the scramble thanks to a #BerthaLong 290 yard drive straight down the middle.

Congrats MT! That's awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

aguma2yd.jpg

Well done you long knocking rascal! :clapp:

aguma2yd.jpg

Way to go!! BB strikes again!!

awesome!! congrats!

WTG Josh, can't say I am surprised, the BB & you seem to be made for each other.

Had a better day yesterday with Big Bertha. 10/14 fairways hit. I spent a good hour on the range prior to the round trying to dial in the settings. Tried several different combinations but ended up going back to standard in everything. I'm still experiencing a bit of unpredictability in my "miss" with this club. Of my 4 missed fairways 2 were way left and 2 were way right. I mean opposite fairway right and left. Was fortunate that in both cases there was a parallel fairway. All but 1 of the misses were early in the round. Did seem to dial it in a bit on the back nine. Just think I need a few more rounds....

Had a better day yesterday with Big Bertha. 10/14 fairways hit. I spent a good hour on the range prior to the round trying to dial in the settings. Tried several different combinations but ended up going back to standard in everything. I'm still experiencing a bit of unpredictability in my "miss" with this club. Of my 4 missed fairways 2 were way left and 2 were way right. I mean opposite fairway right and left. Was fortunate that in both cases there was a parallel fairway. All but 1 of the misses were early in the round. Did seem to dial it in a bit on the back nine. Just think I need a few more rounds....
Did these misses happen on consecutive holes or were they mixed in

Did these misses happen on consecutive holes or were they mixed in

Not consecutive.

1st hole was right. Followed up on the 2nd hole with a shot down the middle. 3rd hole was left, followed by straight shots on #4, #6, #7. 9th hole had another miss way right. All the following holes were in the fairway until the #17th.

Back