Odyssey V-Line Tank Cruiser - THP Preview

I wish they had a plug for the top of the grip. The open weight portal is a bit annoying

How so Freddie?

I rest my hand on top of the grip when waiting to putt. The hole is annoying. I can see stuff getting in the hole as well

I rest my hand on top of the grip when waiting to putt. The hole is annoying. I can see stuff getting in the hole as well

With the weight installed? The dust/dirt should just blow off unless you're using it to fend off predators out in the bamboo. :alien:

As for resting your hand on it, can't help ya there hahaha. I know they did it the way they did for accessibility and aesthetics within the design, kinda wanting to flaunt the weight designs and ports.

I've been contemplating switching to a mallet putter for the last few weeks. I'm currently using a 38" TM spider blade.
I like the counterbalance putters and was cheering when I walked into a golf shop this morning and noticed the tank cruiser line on the rack.
I like the SS grips and the vline shape looked nice. And I've been after a face balanced putter.
Now I own a odyssey putter .
Was rolling it pretty good in the shop, now to tinker and get it onto the course.

My #7 is delayed even though it was in stock when I placed my order...getting grumpy...

Not a specific thread for it, so figured I would post here... Grabbed a #1 Wide Tank Cruiser today, and have been impressed with the feel and all around setup on this one.

Still toying around with the weights on each end to decide which I like best, but I have a feeling I will be settling on the heaviest weights at both ends.

How are others setting theirs up?

Not a specific thread for it, so figured I would post here... Grabbed a #1 Wide Tank Cruiser today, and have been impressed with the feel and all around setup on this one.

Still toying around with the weights on each end to decide which I like best, but I have a feeling I will be settling on the heaviest weights at both ends.

Heavy heavy all the way.

I miss using this. I will have a 330M though, it is written, it shall come to pass.

I read a bit on this and saw where a recommended setup for mid balance would be to go 20g/20g in the head and put the mid weight in the back? Putting inside with it, I really like to heavy/heavy setup, but am curious why it is said to off balance it a bit?

I don't have one yet but I have rolled it quite a bit including at my fitting yesterday and the stock weight setting was really nice for me. I don't know that I want to mess with it to be honest. Was thinking of going a little lighter in the head but not sure just yet. I need more time with it.

I don't have one yet but I have rolled it quite a bit including at my fitting yesterday and the stock weight setting was really nice for me. I don't know that I want to mess with it to be honest. Was thinking of going a little lighter in the head but not sure just yet. I need more time with it.

Did your fitter give any sort of breakdown of what changing the weights would attempt to do?

I read a bit on this and saw where a recommended setup for mid balance would be to go 20g/20g in the head and put the mid weight in the back? Putting inside with it, I really like to heavy/heavy setup, but am curious why it is said to off balance it a bit?

I don't think it off's it, i think it just moves the balance point a touch higher than what is estimated to be "ideal". I tried the mid in the back way, and for me it was like what you were seeing, the all heavy setup was just better feeling to me in the stroke, but I've always sort of drifted towards heavier anyways.

Did your fitter give any sort of breakdown of what changing the weights would attempt to do?

A little bit but honestly, I had so much info floating around my noggin I don't even remember. I was rolling it stock from 15-20ft away indoors and outdoors and was absolutely money so we decided to not change anything.

I don't think it off's it, i think it just moves the balance point a touch higher than what is estimated to be "ideal". I tried the mid in the back way, and for me it was like what you were seeing, the all heavy setup was just better feeling to me in the stroke, but I've always sort of drifted towards heavier anyways.

The heavier setup feels quite nice, definitely going to be the way I roll it tomorrow.

Love the way the #1 wide sets up, makes the transition back to a blade a little less drastic, too.

I find myself messing with it a lot. Just cause it's there

The heavier setup feels quite nice, definitely going to be the way I roll it tomorrow.

Love the way the #1 wide sets up, makes the transition back to a blade a little less drastic, too.

Its really interesting to tinker with the different setup possibilites. To be honest, I really enjoyed the extremes in the back while keeping the 20g's in the head, it was strange that it changed the feel so much but both yielded nice results.

I still say post MC I'll be gaming one of the cruisers full time for a while.

Its really interesting to tinker with the different setup possibilites. To be honest, I really enjoyed the extremes in the back while keeping the 20g's in the head, it was strange that it changed the feel so much but both yielded nice results.

I still say post MC I'll be gaming one of the cruisers full time for a while.

I can see this #1 wide being in the bag for a decent amount of time. Perhaps the most excited I have been about a putter in quite some time.

I can see this #1 wide being in the bag for a decent amount of time. Perhaps the most excited I have been about a putter in quite some time.

Exactly how I was about the Vline as I started using it. The setup is just really good for me, plus, I've fallen for this insert.

Exactly how I was about the Vline as I started using it. The setup is just really good for me, plus, I've fallen for this insert.

Insert feels great. Weight and adjustability is nice as well. For me, more than anything moving away from a mallet style needs to happen, as much as I love them, some of the best putting I have ever done was off the face of a blade.

Insert feels great. Weight and adjustability is nice as well. For me, more than anything moving away from a mallet style needs to happen, as much as I love them, some of the best putting I have ever done was off the face of a blade.

Big jump for me to go with the 1 but, Really love it now.

I can't wait to roll a #7 tank cruiser, I have a feeling it'll be love at first sight!

The MXM 330M has been so solid I ordered a 330M Tank Cruiser. Looking forward to tinkering and getting a setup that works.

The MXM 330M has been so solid I ordered a 330M Tank Cruiser. Looking forward to tinkering and getting a setup that works.

Jealous.

I'm sold on the 35 inch cruiser. The more I think about the more I lean towards the #1w. Really easy to step up into my stance and the sound is just so nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Back