Why did you start playing?

Grew up on a golf course
Our house lined the 3rd fairway at a public course in Allyn WA.

I used to play field hockey, that's normal in our country for a guy. I did play fairly well, but that's another discussion.

At some point I got injured quite bad and couldn't compete at the level I was used to. A friend of my then girlfriend played golf, I asked to go with him once as I've always wanted to try it. Well my field hockey sure helped in whacking that ball, I got hooked! (Then after a few years I had a bad accident again, stopped for ~8 years and started playing again last year.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a serious tennis player and playing in men's leagues after a long layoff 3 years ago. I would mess around with golf but never took it seriously. One night after a men's league tennis match it all came to a head. I was losing to players I use to beat in my sleep. I lost a match and went Johnny MAc on a few a racquets. I came home not in the best mood. My girlfriend asked why I was mad and i explained what I did and she said stop acting like a child. Then she asked why are you playing if it gets you so angry? I thought for a minute and said "i have no idea". Then I said i have these golf clubs in the closet and I know I suck at golf let me try that. I have been hooked ever since and it has been 3 years since I have been taking golf seriously.

I guess because my dad and my uncle play so I just naturally started. I tried a few other sports when I was younger but have always liked golf the best.

I use to never watch golf much less play it. When my teen age son started playing, I thought this would be something that me and him could do together, I would try to like it. At first he would beat me, but months later, I got better and stated beating him. Well, he didn't like the old man beating him and he quit. Now I am hooked on the game and my son has never started back playing. Now that he is older I hope to try to get him back in the game.

Back