Would you rather be consistent or inconsistent?

Life is inconsistent. That's why it's so much fun. So the second guy I would like to be.

Unless we were talking consistent 65 shot rounds :D The I would be the most consistent guy on the PGA Tour.

Unfortunately inconsistency for me. My golf game is like a box of chocolates. I never know what I'm gonna get until I peel the paper off. :struggle:

Sometimes its just better to bite trough the paper and lick your fingers when you're done. :D

Ill take consistency with little spurts of brilliance on any day

I think we would all pretty much want consitency but I'm finding the whole question interesting and it sparks other thoughts. Is the hypothetical inconsistent but lower cap player (70, 90, 70, 90) actually better than the (straight 80's) player because of the lower cap number itself? He is 10 strokes better but then 10 worse half the time. His actual score average (handicap aside) is exactly the same and at 80. I guess there is somehting big to be said for being consistent of course but in actual stroke play it would be 50/50 split win/loss record so who is actually better? Perhaps an unanswerable question.

This is a weird thread . Almost like would you rather have money to pay your bills , or no money and be hounded by the credit card companies

I would much rather have the potential for a great round, if i'm reading this thread right? (either shoot 80 all the time, or 70 sometimes and 90 sometimes?)

IMO golf is a game of inconsistency! I hate to throw the pros in this mix but look at them. They go out on Thursday shoot 74 but turn around on Friday shooting 64. Are they more consistent than us yes, but I don't think this game will ever be a game of consistency, I am the inconsistent one so that's my choice!

It is a game of misses .. Just the pros misses aren't as severe as ours :) . I know everyone says it is their swings .. Well now I think it is their equipment and fine conditioning that makes their misses better ... IMHO

My preference is to be more consistent. There will be a natural variance from bad lies, a bad day, or different courses. I currently am guy number 2 and I hate the horrible rounds. Particularly when I am hitting the ball well but still not scoring well.

However, for a 2-man scramble, I want one of each! :bananadance:

The one player is a 7.6 index and the other is a +1.9 - it's an easy question. The scratch or plus index players I know all have blow up rounds. I shot 79 on Monday hitting only 6 GIR. Yesterday I shot a 68 and hit 18 GIR. I'm 100% confident today I won't hit 18 GIR - it's more likely that I will only hit 11 GIR. It''s common to see tour pros shoot 64 only day and 74 the next so true consistency is not possible.

Consistency is the key to success in golf. Like Hawk said, I am the 2nd guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back