A round in the Joplin/Springfield MO area!

B-Mc

Reaction score
Handicap
Spousey013168 and I are putting together a round in the Springfield or Joplin, Missouri area. We're looking at the afternoon of July 25th or some time on July 27th. Chime in if you're interested!

If you made it the end of August, I could try to make it, but already committed to something the end of July.

Sounds like a blast.

It's only a 6 hour drive and I grew up in that area so it wouldn't take much to do a road trip any time :) I'm already going to be in town so we're working with that. I just saw the Branson post so maybe that one will work out too!

I'd be interested in joining you all. Lucky enough to have played with Shane last week at his home course. I'm ready for more abuse.

Will have to see how things work out. I do plan on getting up that way for some golf with Shane sometime this summer. I will definitely put this on the calender.

I might be able to make this. I will be paying close attention. Joplin is only a few hours from me

I can most likely make it to something on the 27th... keep us informed..

Hey fellas, I live in the Springfield Mo area and I grew up in Joplin. Just want to let you know that the golf is waaaaay better in the Springfield area versus Joplin. There are a few good courses in the Joplin area (twin hills and eagle creek). There is a fairly decent course in Miami Ok (Peoria Ridge) which is about 25-30 minutes East of Joplin. I am definitely in for wherever the group gets together, but just know that the golf is much better in the Springfield/Branson area. Anyone that has questions about golf in either the Springfield or Joplin area, just email me at e.evans@msn.com....count me in.

Eric

Count me in....just let me know where.

Are you still looking at July 27th? I'd probably now have to be downgraded to an optimistic 50/50 at best. When I first replied in early/mid May that I'd join you all, I was on track to have arthroscopic knee surgery. I assumed it would happen much much sooner and I'd be off the dl and 100% by late July for sure. As it turns out the wheels of medicine and insurance authorizations turn extremely slow and I'll (finally) be getting my surgery tomorrow. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery and the chance to tee it up with you guys next month. If not, then next time.

Yep, still thinking the 27th. That's when I'll be up there.

OK I'm 100% officially a no go for July 27th. Apparently I must've asked my surgeon yesterday even though I don't even remember seeing him, hearing his voice, or even seeing the doors to the operating room. I just got around to reading through the discharge/rehab instructions he gave to my wife and they included a handwritten "NO GOLF ON JULY 27th!" My wife knew nothing of that possible future golf outing so asking him the odds must've been a pretty high personal priority and amnesia drugs can only erase so much.

So who's in for the 27th?

Shane, where do you want to play? That may affect who's in.

If you don't mind driving to Springifeld, we can play my course, you will like it, or we can find something around Joplin area if that's easier for you.

If TexasBubba is good with coming to Springfield, we will play at Millwood. I hope you can join us

Count me in....just let me know where.

I assumed Springfield.. I've heard Millwood is good. I'm up for whatever!

Shane, You need to watch out for this guy. I had the pleasure of playing golf with him yesterday. The weather was hot and humid and the wind was mild, for a hurricane. Typical Texas spring/summer weather.

You obviously mean watch out for my errant shots!! :)

You obviously mean watch out for my errant shots!! :)
Crazy day, right. Hopefully you won't be playing in the same type of wind up there.

Count me in if there is an opening to join you guys. I just played Rivercut yesterday and it is in great shape as well.

You are in :) Hopefully we can find one more and have a forth

Count me in if there is an opening to join you guys. I just played Rivercut yesterday and it is in great shape as well.

I am partial of course lol, but Millwood is real nice. I joined back last fall when the old general manager purchased it, I could be happier, you will enjoy playing it.
The rough is like Velcro right now :p

Cant wait until you get up here Eddie, We will play millwood and branson creek and hopefully ledgestone depending what your time frame is like

Crazy day, right. Hopefully you won't be playing in the same type of wind up there.

Back