TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

I know dude, no worries.

Just wait... just wait. I will be hammering the SLDR in Myrtle. I am not worried, but, I am a bit mental... YOU KNOW THIS!

maybe work on a "stinger" type shot with the Driver. It should be a more repeatable motion. Keep you in the fairway for the MC. Just a thought.

I thought you said dispersion?
What is total distances?

The shortest of the 6 (not counting the classic over swing dead duck pull hook) was 16 yards shorter than the longest in overall distance. With the equipment I have available to me, I can only measure total distances.

The shortest of the 6 (not counting the classic over swing dead duck pull hook) was 16 yards shorter than the longest in overall distance. With the equipment I have available to me, I can only measure total distances.

I guess I assumed you were referring to dispersion as distance from the middle. As most use it as a way to discuss that very thing. Shot dispersion is not generally referring to the distances gained.

I guess I assumed you were referring to dispersion as distance from the middle. As most use it as a way to discuss that very thing. Shot dispersion is not generally referring to the distances gained.

I can understand the confusion.

Moving the weight to the 2nd tick on the fade side has definitely added distance and produces a more solid feel. I think it puts the weight where it's needed most. IMO the weight doesn't do anything to produce a fade or draw. Definitely give it a try.
Moved it one notch really help add about 5 yards tried it two notches did not work as well

Does anyone think that the next gen sldr driver will have the lower and upper slot like the adams 2014 driver so as to allow for more forgivness around the face? As a a high handicappers that already hits its low with low spin, I would love a more forgiving 16 degree Sldr. That is what has stopped me from buying it.

Does anyone think that the next gen sldr driver will have the lower and upper slot like the adams 2014 driver so as to allow for more forgivness around the face? As a a high handicappers that already hits its low with low spin, I would love a more forgiving 16 degree Sldr. That is what has stopped me from buying it.

Whilst I can't answer your question, I will say that the XTD launches the ball higher than the SLDR. So, cranking a 12* XTD up to 13.5* could well give you what you're looking for, with much improved lateral forgiveness on the club face.

Whilst I can't answer your question, I will say that the XTD launches the ball higher than the SLDR. So, cranking a 12* XTD up to 13.5* could well give you what you're looking for, with much improved lateral forgiveness on the club face.

Don't forget that the XTD driver should spin more. Not that that is a bad thing. Just something else to consider.

Moved it one notch really help add about 5 yards tried it two notches did not work as well
After moving the weight to the middle, I re-experimented with the loft settings. I found that lowering the loft in combination with moving the weight produced more carry and roll for me, and I still hit the ball just as high. This 460cc head is just killer. One tick may be optimal for your setup.

I first got the inspiration to buck the "lofting up" hype on all of my SLDRs after seeing Martin Kaymer's winning WITB. I'm seeing better ball flight, distance and control than I ever had with my R11 driver and RBZ woods.

Last edited:
The Control with this driver is amazing i am way more confident where i am going to put it

After moving the weight to the middle, I re-experimented with the loft settings. I found that lowering the loft in combination with moving the weight produced more carry and roll for me, and I still hit the ball just as high. This 460cc head is just killer. One tick may be optimal for your setup.

I first got the inspiration to buck the "lofting up" hype on all of my SLDRs after seeing Martin Kaymer's winning WITB. I'm seeing better ball flight, distance and control than I ever had with my R11 driver and RBZ woods: redacted

Redacted

A lot of pros will lower the loft to keep the face open while still having their optimal loft.

Also, probably should embed pictures watermarked from subpar golf golf forums.

A lot of pros will lower the loft to keep the face open while still having their optimal loft.

Also, probably should embed pictures watermarked from subpar golf golf forums.

They also produce a very constant AOA and Kaymer might hit up a ton on the ball

So I seem to hit a 5-10 yard fade every time I hit
driver. This is sometimes more if I don't get my wrists fully over. Anyone have some advice to setting this driver up? If I loft up, will that close the face a bit more helping?
thanks!

Couldn't wait tip next week to get dialed in, so moved my fitting to Saturday. I will make sure to get plenty of pics.

So I seem to hit a 5-10 yard fade every time I hit
driver. This is sometimes more if I don't get my wrists fully over. Anyone have some advice to setting this driver up? If I loft up, will that close the face a bit more helping?
thanks!

It might help to loft up and close the face slightly. But as an aside, a fade caused by a swing fault is not going to be remedied by club adjustment, for me anyways.

Any shaft recommendations. I need something heavier than the stock 57 gram speedster.

Any shaft recommendations. I need something heavier than the stock 57 gram speedster.

There is a 67g speeder available. Also a lot of good custom options.

Looking forward to seeing this in action at the Invitational.

I'm excited to have it there. This was probably my favorite addition to my bag over the past 5+ years

There is a 67g speeder available. Also a lot of good custom options.

Of all the stock shafts on the TM Drivers the Speeder 65 out of the 430 was the best for me

I'm excited to have it there. This was probably my favorite addition to my bag over the past 5+ years

#OutingApproved

Of all the stock shafts on the TM Drivers the Speeder 65 out of the 430 was the best for me

I don't understand these "stock shafts" you speak of. :alien:

I don't understand these "stock shafts" you speak of. :alien:

They fly faster than a speeding bullet off of my clubs in to the depths of my garage to never be seen again so they are a rare sight indeed

Had my best round yet with the SLDR today. It's the first time I've hit it with the outside temp over 70* and the carry was amazing, even when I hit a couple towards the heel. This driver rules. I am constantly amazed by the low spin.

Last edited:
Back