Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

I still just can't seem to get consistent with this thing, but I know for a fact that it's a swing issue. I'm still eagerly awaiting the day I consistently hit this well, along with my other clubs.
When you're on with it, the ball flight is awesome. I know you'll get it sorted out. Keep at it!

When you're on with it, the ball flight is awesome. I know you'll get it sorted out. Keep at it!

That's the plan mate! Still working out my ideal shot shape and all, but all of my longer clubs have issues right now as well so pretty sure it's a swing thing

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Strange day with Big Bertha. Snap hooks galore on the front nine, 4 of which found hazards and caused penalty strokes. Got it together a little on the back. Think I ended with 5 fairways hit. Struggling to find consistency with her right now. My miss varies from round to round.

Strange day with Big Bertha. Snap hooks galore on the front nine, 4 of which found hazards and caused penalty strokes. Got it together a little on the back. Think I ended with 5 fairways hit. Struggling to find consistency with her right now. My miss varies from round to round.

I've also had my issues with Bertha & snap hooks in the past. What are your settings? I lofted down to 8* (-1 Neutral) with the weight from neutral - draw 2. The latter is all that I adjust nowadays to get a straighter / baby fade ball flight.

I am a snap hook machine right now, Barry. It seems like if people have issues with this club, they are hook issues.

I've also had my issues with Bertha & snap hooks in the past. What are your settings? I lofted down to 8* (-1 Neutral) with the weight from neutral - draw 2. The latter is all that I adjust nowadays to get a straighter / baby fade ball flight.

I've tried many settings and have settled on standard 10.5 with one click on the perimeter weight toward draw.

Going down to 9.5 produced the straighter ball flight however it was just too low, lost a lot of carry distance.

I am a snap hook machine right now, Barry. It seems like if people have issues with this club, they are hook issues.

I'm a bit all over with her. In the last week I had a round I was missing right, a round I was missing left and a round where I had equal left/right misses.

I'm making some minor swing adjustments to promote a more upright swing plane so I'm sure that is part of it. I'm not seeing misses all over with my irons though.

This is my miss as well. I have to be really careful not to try get too much out of this driver or I will pull/snap it to the left. I suppose that's par for the course however more so with this one.

This is my miss as well. I have to be really careful not to try get too much out of this driver or I will pull/snap it to the left. I suppose that's par for the course however more so with this one.

Did you ever get the midsize thrown on there?

Did you ever get the midsize thrown on there?

I did and it feels better in my hands with less twisting etc. however I'm still erratic off the tee. It must be me. :bulgy-eyes:

I'm a bit all over with her. In the last week I had a round I was missing right, a round I was missing left and a round where I had equal left/right misses.

I'm making some minor swing adjustments to promote a more upright swing plane so I'm sure that is part of it. I'm not seeing misses all over with my irons though.

Ha, I've been the opposite lately. Not missing any fairways, but can't hit a green. We'd be one hell of a scramble team!

I think I got Bertha dialed in.

The last couple of times out, I had it set to 12.5* D with the APW set to about 2 on the draw side, but I was still losing the ball to the right pretty consistently.

Last night, I tried at 12.5* N with the APW set all the way to the draw side. First tee - 260 perfectly straight ball. Third tee - 240 perfectly straight ball, and the results were similar most of the round 240 to 260 with a very straight ball or a slight fade. I had a couple get away from me when I swung too hard, but that's not really the club's fault.

I used to be afraid of Par 4s that were over 380 yards, because I wasn't confident I could get a good drive out there. With Big Bertha, that fear has all but gone.

I still remember War Eagle saying in Florida how nice it is to aim down the center of the fairway. It's going to take some getting used to, but it sure will be nice!

Thinking about building up a non-Alpha. Did you guys have to go up or down in loft at all versus your previous drivers?

Just getting an idea of the BB's launch characteristics.

Thinking about building up a non-Alpha. Did you guys have to go up or down in loft at all versus your previous drivers?

I have gone up. I was playing my AMP Cell at 10.5 degree and I am playing the BB at 10.5 set to +2 and never played a driver on the D setting but thats where I have it and it is working out well. Played with my father last night for the first time since getting the BB and he was blown away.

I was playing a 10.5 degree Burner 2.0 before, and I went with the 10.5 in the Bertha but have it lofted up to 12.5, and it certainly is performing well for me.

Ha, I've been the opposite lately. Not missing any fairways, but can't hit a green. We'd be one hell of a scramble team!

You two make an awesome team, just look at those HOF tags. :thumb:

I went up a touch from 10.5 in my R1 to 11.5 in Bertha. Launches really high, but easy to flight it lower if you need to.

My last two drivers:
RBZ Tour 9.5 (9.0 was standard loft )
SLDR 12 (10.5 was standard)

I'm playing the BB at 10.5 which is standard.

I found my setting for me today . Out playing a nkne holes by myself and set it on -1 neutral. I'm in love again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found my setting for me today . Out playing a nkne holes by myself and set it on -1 neutral. I'm in love again

what are you seeing with that setting Bill?

what are you seeing with that setting Bill?

Straighter ball flight with nice mid trajectory with a ton of roll out. No duck hooks with some slight fades. I hit two drives at my course that blew away any drives I have hit here in the past . Really nuked the ball which feels good for a change

Sweet!!!

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Straighter ball flight with nice mid trajectory with a ton of roll out. No duck hooks with some slight fades. I hit two drives at my course that blew away any drives I have hit here in the past . Really nuked the ball which feels good for a change

Same here OG! Mid flight missles is what I like to call them hehe.

My last driver was a R1 9.5, got the Big Bertha with a 10.5 with a the flex S, played my first round last weekend and the drives were very high but very straight, if I made a proper follow thru i got a baby draw. Didnt seem too much of a distance gain but consistency definitely improved. I lowered the loft to 9.5 (-1 N) and will be playing 9 after work tomorrow, I think with a lower ball flight I hope to see a little more gain in distance. If not I dont mind high and straight if I go back to 10.5...I picked a few mph in swing speed with the Fubuki 50gm shaft as opposed to the 55g in the R1....also love the sound over the TM (much more muted than the ear piercing sound)

One more thing. I moved the doo hickie all the way over to the farthest fade setting

Back