Matrix Releases TPHDe Shaft

Quoting because its true, on both counts. The interview at the show was solid and gives some good insight, more than worth the watch. Also, its definitely to me a "lets show them just what we can get up to here" and I love that, show off the tech and the skills.

I agree. It almost feels like Matrix is showing off and boasting about their capabilities. I love that.

I cant say Im overly impressed..What Im getting is a very expensive shaft with a lot of marketing mumbo jumbo to make the price worthwhile. The snowflake thought is interesting certainly doesnt justify the price. I dont think the concept car analogy works because very rarely do concept cars make it to market. When they do they are certainly not the same car you saw at the shows.

The question that keeps running through my head is this: What could this shaft do for you on the course that would justify the price??

I cant say Im overly impressed..What Im getting is a very expensive shaft with a lot of marketing mumbo jumbo to make the price worthwhile. The snowflake thought is interesting certainly doesnt justify the price. I dont think the concept car analogy works because very rarely do concept cars make it to market. When they do they are certainly not the same car you saw at the shows.

The question that keeps running through my head is this: What could this shaft do for you on the course that would justify the price??

There is only one way to find out.. Try one and compare it.

Do you believe they are selling a lot of these?
Of course the concept car analogy works. THey are showcasing all of the R&D and materials available at a given time and when the shaft hits the regular consumer market (5 years down the road sometimes), it will be different and priced accordingly.

THPHD is absolutely a concept and a showcase of what CAN be done, not what is done.
And FWIW, they dont market it at all. You will see no ads, no reviews, no nothing.

Intresting shaft lots of tech at least it is a avaliable to the public not just tour players price might be out of the buget but still intresting

The 16 sided tech isn't whats being showcased here as they have that already in the Radix. A shaft I love and currently play. The stars here in my opinion is the that they have made that the full length of the shaft, moved the flexing zones around and are using some extremely light, flexible and strong materials. I for one want to hit one for the tech in the shaft and not the cost. People are getting hung up on the price tag and not the tech. If this shaft was 250 bucks, people wouldn't even give it a second read. the 1250 bucks makes people take a second read. I love the mid-launch, mid-spin..this and the LZ from Project X are a couple of must hits for me.

Of course the concept car analogy works. THey are showcasing all of the R&D and materials available at a given time and when the shaft hits the regular consumer market (5 years down the road sometimes), it will be different and priced accordingly.

THPHD is absolutely a concept and a showcase of what CAN be done, not what is done.
And FWIW, they dont market it at all. You will see no ads, no reviews, no nothing.

I think this is absolutely the thing to keep in mind with this shaft, people look at the price and knee jerk, but the reality with this one is here in the bold.

Every concept car is like this, Google the concept car for the Jeep Compass and then take a look at what it looked like when it hit the lot for the general public, definitely not the same.

It's a cool idea and it'd be cool to see more companies do things like this (releasing concept products). It's a cool look into what the future "could" be like. I think people are seeing $1,250 and getting caught up in the shock value of that.

EDIT: Sorry Keygs, you basically said the same thing as I did above me. Didn't see that, but I agree with you.

I must be Dyslexic, I swear the first 3 times I read this I read it as THPDe.

MSRP is high, but there's already some "prototype" on ebay for $350.

I see that some of these are supposedly in use this week, but don't know who....that's from the facebook page. Could be an interesting WITB coming.
I look at this as sort of a stock car vs showroom. Name's the same, innards are wildly different.

I think I am going to get this tipped up with an adapter tomorrow.

9ebemebu.jpg

u6ybu7eb.jpg

Matrix Releases TPHDe Shaft

Super jealous dude. Would love to hear what it's like on the course.

Still amazing. Would love to hit that.

This one is getting a Callaway adapter put on the end of it and going into a Big Bertha (a green one, a THPer gave me). Pretty excited.

Taking it out for a few holes or just doing range work with it? I'm curious what kinda feedback one could expect with a concept car like shaft.

This one is getting a Callaway adapter put on the end of it and going into a Big Bertha (a green one, a THPer gave me). Pretty excited.

That will be a great looking and most likely a great playing combo

Taking it out for a few holes or just doing range work with it? I'm curious what kinda feedback one could expect with a concept car like shaft.

Waiting on adapters to come in and then it might be in there for good. Its too cool not to.

That will be a great looking and most likely palying combo

Hope so.

Waiting on adapters to come in and then it might be in there for good. Its too cool not to..

It is a really freakin sweet looking shaft. Handmade vs TPDHe cause why the heck not haha

JB you have two of the sickest looking new shafts around i am jealous

Drool. Seriously that bertha is going to look sick. Very interested to hear about the performance

I can't wait to swing this combo

Even if it doesn't work for ya it sure will be pretty

It's months off still but maybe we'll see a sighting at #TheGauntlet?

It's months off still but maybe we'll see a sighting at #TheGauntlet?

I won't be playing in that so most likely the clubs that will be there are participants and sponsors.

Back