What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the e6 again today and with the soft greens I had no problem stopping full shots. It worked as I have come to expect and is a great ball for holding it's line in the wind

Played the B330-RX, my usual gamer. Compared it to a NXT and a Callaway SuperSoft on several shots. The RX is just THE ball for me.

Played the taylormade tour preferred X today. Played the same ball for 18. Decent stuff with it. Didn't love it or hate it. Solid performer. Not something I would change to, but solid nonetheless.

Curious about this ball. What kept it from being something you'd consider switching to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylormade tp5...Bought two dozen for $20 a piece

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Bridgestone e6

Pros
Little extra yardage off the tee and goes straight
Soft Click off of the putter face.

Cons
Couldn't hold a green so save my life with the long/mid irons

Next up is the srixon Q star... hopefully the new 'spin skin' will be a little more friendly around the greens

I played about 9 each with the new 330 and 330-S. I liked both, didn't really see much difference in performance between the two. Also, I saw more rollout with these balls than I saw with the 330 last weekend, and this on a day when I thought I was compressing the ball better. Not sure what to make of that. I will likely be buying more of these and gaming them.

I've been playing the TaylorMade Project a as of late. I have never had a ball spin going into the greens the way these do, I like it!

Acadamy had nike 20xi on sale for $24 a dozen, played them today. Was happy with the ball, good spin and distance. Durability was decent. I do not like it as much as SR2 or Z Star XV but at that price I am going to pick up a couple more dozen. Well worth it at that price IMO

Had some callaway hex black left over from last year so broke out a sleeve yesterday. Still a very solid ball. Great performance. Only durability is an issue. Handfull of hard wedges puts these in the practice shag pile

Been playing the Nike RZN Black past couple of rounds. Very similar to the ProV1x, but quieter off the putter. Will not be playing anything else for a while, new favorite ball.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Played the 2014 B330-RX. A little longer than the e6 and more spin. It held the greens very well

Played the 2014 B330-RX. A little longer than the e6 and more spin. It held the greens very well

Exactly what I found coming from the e6. Absolutely love the Rx!

Still playing the e6. Longest ball off the tee for me, and while it rolls a bit on the green, I will take that and keep the distance for now.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Still playing the e6. Longest ball off the tee for me, and while it rolls a bit on the green, I will take that and keep the distance for now.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

You tinker with the rx at all? I picked up a few yards off the tee and about a half club longer with irons when I tried them compared to e6

You tinker with the rx at all? I picked up a few yards off the tee and about a half club longer with irons when I tried them compared to e6
Not yet. Still have the sleeve from HHI. Maybe I will put them in play tomorrow. Wish they made their other balls in orange too, but it's just the e6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is the durability of the RX compared to the E6?

played some holes with the new Wilson Staff FG tour. I like it, can't really say much about it because 8 haven't been hitting the ball well lately but it's been interesting.

The cover feels really soft, but I've hit a ton of trees really hard and no scuffing.

It spins well to, I don't typically suck them back on my home greens, and these are no exception, but roll out is minimalm

I also enjoy playing with Bridgestone's e6 ball. I like the soft feel off the tee. However, I recently tried Bridgestone's B330RX ball and experienced 10 more yards off the tee and fairways for my irons. I had to dial it down (or up), whichever applies, to compensate for the longer distance. I love Bridgestones new ball technology.

Needed some balls in a pinch because I'm a little tired of shelling out $12 a sleeve for proV1. Picked up some Hex Chrome+ from Target and immediately put them to the test. First thing that stuck out to me was the spin I got off my wedges with this ball. The greens play pretty firm and I spun a couple on back on slopes where that is not at all likely. Great check around the greens but occasionally it was too much. Distance was on par with other balls and the feel was good. A little firmer than the V1 I'd say. Biggest downside was the durability. Each wedge shot seemed to bring a new scuff. 1st ball lasted 4 holes. Good low cost ball.

Someone Gave me a new Taylormade Tour Preferred. Wow.

Played 7 holes with it and hit two monster drives...was a killer on approach shots.

Played some TP5 penta as well. Liked those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Played the Project (a) today for a number of holes. I didn't like it off the driver, it felt kind of dead. Wedges and putting were nice.

I found an e6 and used that for pretty much all of the back 9, I liked that a lot better than the (a). If I didn't have a few dozen TF Gamers in my closet I'd go pick some up.

Played two rounds this weekend with a lot of ocean wind. Played the Titleist NXT Tour for the first time.
Very straight ball in the wind.
Example - with a 20+mph wind blowing off the ocean from R to L, I hit a straight shot right of the green, expecting the wind to blow it onto the green. Ball stayed straight. I was amazed. Everyone else in my group was either left edge or off the green to the left. I was right.
Not as much spin around the greens as I usually like, but really stays straight into the wind.

Last edited:
Found some Callaway Hex Blacks I had laying around and put it in use today. This was my gamer last year. Long and straight and great around the greens.

Played a pro v1 today. It was solid and performed great around the green.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back