Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Since plans for this weekend seem to have fizzled out why don't we try and get 8 or more guys together sometime in June? Or even later in May?

I don't care if it's Canada or America, but if it's State-side it needs to be 9am or sooner IMO (due to crazy Canadians all flocking to USA Costco).

I was wondering what happened. Anyways I am free this weekend if anyone wants to join me.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Going to play at Peace Portal today around 10am, if anyone wants to join me.

Last edited:
I am free June 1st probably for a twilight round if anyone is interested!

Since plans for this weekend seem to have fizzled out why don't we try and get 8 or more guys together sometime in June? Or even later in May?

I don't care if it's Canada or America, but if it's State-side it needs to be 9am or sooner IMO (due to crazy Canadians all flocking to USA Costco).

I've got the 28th to 1st off, so I can go anytime during those days!

I would be down this weekend. I am working Saturday. And can easily swith my Sundays. Let me know.

Starting next weekend (May 31st), I will be down pretty much any weekend! I've been booked solid the past few weeks (you'll notice I haven't been on THP much on general...been pretty crazy), so it'll be nice to get out with some folks again.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I sure wish I lived a little closer to you guys. I love the activity amongst us PNWrs, even if it is too far north:)

I thought I'd give a quick report on the NWGG tournament I played in yesterday. Extremely well organized and well run. Nice course. Cost was very fair. The people I encountered were very friendly, good guys. The rules of golf are definitely followed - absolutely no gimmes, for example. Pace of play is slow. We had a 5 hour round yesterday and my impression is that was fast for them (they do have check in points vs the clock and penalties are assessed, so I think it is an issue of the number of people on the course). I will play again. This is a decent option for us Pacific NW golfers looking for some competitive golf.

Last edited:
I'm playing the Vancouver Golf Tour Amateur Spring Championship next weekend. Its a 2 day/36 hole stroke play tournament at Northview Ridge and Canal courses. I'm pretty excited to give it a try and I LOVE those courses.

Best of luck in that tourney Army. Can't go wrong playing Northview.

I'm playing the Vancouver Golf Tour Amateur Spring Championship next weekend. Its a 2 day/36 hole stroke play tournament at Northview Ridge and Canal courses. I'm pretty excited to give it a try and I LOVE those courses.

Dude, good luck! I know you will do well. You know those courses pretty well.

I was really hoping to play today or tomorrow, but don't want to be playing in the rain. :/ guess I'll probably just hit the range a bit.

Best of luck Curt! With your knowledge of those courses, you'll be a force to be reckoned with out there.

Any local Vancouver peps interested in getting a twilight round in every second week?

I wouldnt mind. I am switchig back to morning shifts in 2 weeks.

Hey gents,

Checkered and I are gonna be playing Lake Padden Golf Course in Bellingham this Sunday at 10:39am, and we're looking to fill out a foursome! So, if anyone is in the area and wants to join us for a round, post in here or PM me!

If you've not played it before, Padden is a pretty short course that absolutely demands accurate driving, because every single hole is totally walled in by forest. Tricky greens that roll true. Quintessential Northwest style golf, really!

Last edited:
Hey gents,

Checkered and I are gonna be playing Lake Padden Golf Course in Bellingham this Sunday at 10:39am, and we're looking to fill out a foursome! So, if anyone is in the area and wants to join us for a round, post in here or PM me!

If you've not played it before, Padden is a pretty short course that absolutely demands accurate driving, because every single hole is totally walled in by forest. Tricky greens that roll true. Quintessential Northwest style golf, really!

Its a beast IMO. 20 yard fade = penalty stroke. Tough to play if you can't eliminate one side.

Its a beast IMO. 20 yard fade = penalty stroke. Tough to play if you can't eliminate one side.

Pretty much, yep. It's really a bit of an equalizer course for shorter hitters, because you cannot play bomb and gouge style golf here. If you're a longknocker, you'd better be an accurate longknocker. Not that you can't hit driver, because in a lot of places it can really pay off with the right shot shape (hello insane deliberately hooked driver from John on #15!), but clubbing down and hitting your spots is seldom a bad move.

Little bump for the evening crowd. Join checkered and I at Lake Padden on Sunday, see above!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hey gents,

One more bumpity bump before I call and reduce the tee time to just John and I. Should be a beautiful day tomorrow for golf, hit me up!

I learned today that there's golf, then there's Tournament Golf. Oh my goodness was it an experience! So freaking tough to play with a course in full blown Tourny setup, your name being announced, spectators, clapping, and some serious freaking competition. Course played almost 6800 yards with 7" rough everywhere.
280 yard drives were merely average out there today and if you hit one 250 you were left in the dust.

I learned today that there's golf, then there's Tournament Golf. Oh my goodness was it an experience! So freaking tough to play with a course in full blown Tourny setup, your name being announced, spectators, clapping, and some serious freaking competition. Course played almost 6800 yards with 7" rough everywhere.
280 yard drives were merely average out there today and if you hit one 250 you were left in the dust.

How did you do?

I was really nervous to start and blew up on the front. 48/41 89. I think I'm in the middle of the pack somewhere.

Solid back 9 there Curt, way to bounce back! Tear it up tomorrow man, I know you've got it.

Possibility of a round this Sunday at Shuksan Golf Club in Bellingham if anybody is interested. They are having a $35 green fee special from 11am-3pm, so checkered, myself, and whoever else is interested might try to get in on it.

Shuksan is a great layout with numerous elevated tee shots and greens and a lot of sneaky hiding hazards with outstanding views of Mt. Shuksan and Mt. Baker on clear days. Massive elevation changes and some longer walks between holes though, so walking is NOT recommended!

Back