THP Golf Leagues & Weekly Events Thread

Five pars, 3 bogeys, and a double for a +5 40 tonight. Won 17 of a possible 20 points in my match. That makes three matches in a row that I've won. I'm feeling the momentum.

Singles league or team? My buddy and I believe have won 20 of a possible 20 points for the first 2 weeks, third week was a wash and I don't think we'll be playing tomorrow either.

I'm excited that I'll be getting in my first league match on Sunday. Our league is an individual match play league. I'll have seven 18 hole matches between now and early August. Each hole is worth 1 point, winning the match gets 3 bonus points.

Playing this first match at an away course for me, but it is one I play 5 to 10 times a year so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Singles league or team? My buddy and I believe have won 20 of a possible 20 points for the first 2 weeks, third week was a wash and I don't think we'll be playing tomorrow either.
We do two man teams, but individual matches for points (20 each). I won 17-3 last night, and my partner lost his 12-8.

Won first league match last night 7.5-2.5. Hox30 and I play the Thursday night 2 man match play league in town.

My first competitive match ever is a week out and I'm starting to wonder about rules to be away of that may not be followed exactly on casual rounds. Declaring provisionals, no gimmes, no slope rangefinders...anything else?

Bummed out that I wasn't able to find another guy going out for men's club after work. I really wanted to play and I Hung around for about an hour before I finally just went out and played. Would have made some money since I shot a 76. I've been talking to the clubhouse and cart guys about it and it looks like they re going to start a late day sign up sheet so we can get more 9-5'ers out. Got my fingers crossed. I want to get into the points championship pretty bad.

Scores just got posted for league and we're still leading our division by a slim margin. Swings feeling good so I'm hoping for a breakout performance tonight. Weather should be beautiful.

Scores just got posted for league and we're still leading our division by a slim margin. Swings feeling good so I'm hoping for a breakout performance tonight. Weather should be beautiful.

Which league do you play in?

I play in the business league out at Pioneers on Tuesday nights.

Excited to get out and play tonight now that I'm permanent in the Tuesday night league at my CC.

I start tonight first time in league team play setup, we played the opening scramble two weeks ago and I was the B player got paired with 3 hcp and 10 hcp and we won the scramble at +3 playing Red Bal for 9 holesl, basically we each got the red ball for 3 holes and that ball score counted as our overall team score, I also won closest to the pin on both Par 3's and I walked away with $81 and some heckling of Ringer, ($27 for team score & $27 each for closest to the pin)... Can't wait for tonight providing the rain holds off !!!!

I can't wait for another league round thursday night, I truly enjoy match play.

I shot a 41 in league tonight. I played a guy with the same handicap and he shot a 38. He kicked my butt. I was in first place going in to tonight, but not anymore!

Which league do you play in?

I play in the business league out at Pioneers on Tuesday nights.

My brother and I play out at Woodland Hills on Tuesdays.

I think we got our first loss of the season last night. We were supposed to play a 7 hdcp and a 20 hdcp, but a 3 hdcp subbed for the 20 and changed things a little bit. Seeing a low handicapper in person, I really need to work on my short game. I was coming off the tee better and more consistent than him, but he was chipping it close and sinking everything.

I dislike sand baggers. Played last night in the league. I'm a 5 handicap. Had a bad first week normally a 3. Anyways playing a guy who's a 7 so I gotta give him 2 strokes. I shoot a poor 41 for a net even par. The guy I'm playing shoots 36 for a net 29. Like really? This dude was a great driver of the ball and putted very well. Frustrating seeing that crap.

Last edited:
I dislike sand baggers. Played last night in the league. I'm a 5 handicap. Had a bad first week normally a 3. Anyways playing a guy who's a 7 so I gotta give him 2 strokes. I shoot a poor 41 for a net even par. The guy I'm playing shoots 36 for a net 29. Like really? This dude was a great driver of the ball and putted very well. Frustrating see that crap.

Maybe he just had a good day. It happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he just had a good day. It happens!

I would definitely agree if my partner didn't tell me he shot 1 over 37 last week as well lol.

I posted this elsewhere but I will ask here too. What is the status of the THP vTour. The pro at the club I normally play at cancelled the league so i need some mid-week action.

My league match that was supposed to be last Sunday was rained out. Now on the schedule for this Sunday. Weather looks to be near perfect. Looking forward to getting the league matches started.

I sat out this week due to my sliced finger. So I drove around the course taking pictures. My partner and our alternate shot a 30 in a shamble.

Got in my league match yesterday. Neither I nor my opponent had our best stuff but the match played out very evenly. I was giving 2 stokes and they fell on the 1st and the last hole.

We were all square through 6 after some back and forth, then he won two holes in a row. I won 9 to be just 1 down at the turn. More back in forth early on the back and we were back to all square through 13. I won 14 to give myself a 1 shot lead. We tied on 15 and 16, but he won 17 to leave us all tied going into the last. We shot the same on the last hole and his stroke gave him the match.

Disappointed with the loss but I did score the maximum points available for a loss since I only was down 1. A very enjoyable match though.

Should have another league match in the next few weeks.

Found out yesterday that my 78 from Thursday tied me for 1st for low gross! Also took a skin for my birdie on #8. $50 payday. Good stuff. Might have to sign up for the points race now lol.

I shot a net +1 in my tournament Saturday. Could have been a lot better, but not bad for my first tourney ever.

I shot a 40, 4 over par. I played the front nine before league and shot a 2 over par 38. I had 2 birdies and won 2 skins tonight. I am pretty happy with how I'm playing so far this year

I shot a 40, 4 over par. I played the front nine before league and shot a 2 over par 38. I had 2 birdies and won 2 skins tonight. I am pretty happy with how I'm playing so far this year

Well done. Lakes of Taylor is one of my all time favorites from back in the day.

Back