Shallow Or Deep - Your Driver Choice

Shallower is better for me. I can't stand the huge tall Cleveland face. Not picking on Cleveland but that just comes to mind.

lll be honest i like a deep face driver but by todays standards i play shallowface drivers. Today's drivers would have been considered deep face 10 years ago

I suppose I prefer deep faced drivers.

I prefer a deeper face since my misses are high or low on the face.

I prefer a shallow faced driver myself, though I've had great results with deeper faced drivers as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Middle of the road for me. I like the looks of a deep face, but not really something that works well for my game anymore.

Middle of the road for me. I like the looks of a deep face, but not really something that works well for my game anymore.

I'm a middle of the roader as well

I can hit a deep driver, but my favorite drivers have always been on the tweener size (leaning more shallow) than the mongo faces like the Classic.

Played deep for a long time but current gamer is shallow, i can go both ways but dont like one extreme or the other

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Shallow suits my eye far better.

Do you have a preference when looking at drivers? Do you prefer the deep face or one that is a bit more shallow?

I like a huge azz driver. I like a low profile fairway wood, but a huge driver I like.

I can go either way, I was just playing the original Classic (deep) to now playing the X-Hot (I would consider shallow).

At the moment I like the shallow because I feel it gives me more forgiveness left to right on the face, which I need right now.

More surface area, please! Deep.

I know a deep face doesn't always mean more surface area but it appears that way to me.

I prefer something in the middle. To my eye the Titleist 910d2 and Big Bertha both have a fantastic shape.

I'd say somewhere in the middle probably. I think my misses tend to be more toe or heal side, so I like lateral forgiveness. Which I'm assuming you get more of in a less deep driver.

I've had more success with deep faced Drivers.

Looks wise, deep without a doubt. I prefer the smaller side and front to back footprint of a deep faced driver. Having played Cleveland Classic heads for the past 3 years (290 and XL Custom) thinking I may want to try some shallower faces next time I'm in the market. While pleased with the performance of the 2 Classic heads, not head over heals in love with them.

I've been happy with the three I've owned to date - RBZ, R1, 910D2. I'm not sure where they stand in the shallow to deep list, but they all seemed pretty similar sized.

I like thinner fairway woods and would like to try one that is close to flat on the bottom for hitting off the deck.

I'd also like to try a driver head less than 460cc with a heavier shaft (80 grams or so).

Not always, but generally a deep face tends to mean a more compact clubhead when you look down on it which I prefer to the shallow stretched out club head, so deep for me. I want my fairway woods shallow though.

I like deeper faced drivers because it makes me feel more confident for my miss(slightly high of the sweet spot) it seems to help forgiveness

I prefer deep faced drivers if they are set up for my swing but my all time favorite was the Taylor Made titanium burner bubble. I was quite a bit younger then and hit it a ton. That probably was deep faced in its day but now would be a shallow driver.

I don't know that I really have a preference, but I think I'm learning that I like deeper faces. Hitting the J40, I've found that I don't hit as many sky balls as I did with my RBZ2.

I prefer a deeper face. I've hit both, and seem to have better contact with deeper faces. Not sure if there's anything more than just what fits my eye, but I can't argue with results I suppose.

Doesn't matter to me. I go purely by what performs.

With that said I love my Amp Cell. Im guessing that's on the shallower side?

Honestly can't say which one as I've only ever hit deep faced drivers.

What ever you would consider the RFE and I25 is what I like. For some reason on really deep drivers I bottom them out when I swing. No idea what is going on between my ears but it happens.

Back