The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks sir. My illustrious cut only rears its head now and again, sneaky bastard. Work pays off, but I've got a long way to go still.

If you're staying that centralized, you can start calling it a power fade like a good Internet golfer

You're Kang, you're perma-ok dude!

Maybe that will gain me T-Shirt points? Hehe

#zoocrew should know better than to poke a working Jman. Might make you more focused. Which would melt minds.

#zoocrew should know better than to poke a working Jman. Might make you more focused. Which would melt minds.

Hahaha, I'm trying. Long way to go from where I think I can be, but lessons are starting to pay off. Its the staying out of my own way which needs a little extra work sometimes. Getting there though, lots of pressure on me this year, lots.

Nah, that was just my pot shot at internet golfers :alien:

Its set to 11.5, i'm a wannabe.

Haha well played. Well that's some solid looking contact my friend. Keep up the good work.

Another session at the range today continuing to focus on stay connected and finishing the swing. Not a bad overall session but it was amazing that it felt like I forgot how to hit a 4 iron.

Really like the tempo I have with my woods. Wanted to spend some time afterwards working on my chipping but they were having a class on the chipping greens and I couldn't get on..

I spent about an hour on the range today trying out the new SLDR S driver, and trying to find a little extra pop in my swing. Alas, I did not find it.

Shortish indoor session tonight. Mainly working on setup and takeaway minus tension. Low key.

Well left work to run home and plan to go practice at the course tonight. Well that went downhill after the drive up the road when it started to rain like cat's and dogs. So stayed home and worked on the Birdieball putting green in the basement on having consistent putts. After that worked with the irons into the net and just kept it simple and was feeling good coming off the face. Hoping tomorrow will be nicer so I can get back out on some grass and really get my Grind out before Indy.

Finally able to sneak out to the range tonight. Worked on slowing down my transition. After watching the pros at the Colonial this past weekend, I was amazed at how effortlessly (easily) they swung their irons. It really got me thinking about what I am doing during the my swing. I know I will never see the results they do, but it could be helpful if I were able to get better ball contact with a smoother swing.
With the lessons work and slowing the swing, I saw some great results tonight. Hope that it is not two weeks before I can back out there and get in somemore work.

Quick bucket tonight working thru the odds especially 5i off the turf and 3h off the tee. I've changed my ball position with the 3h from left heel to center of stance. That's a quick fix to take away the hook for now. Maybe it's the right adjustment but I'd like to run it by my instructor. Bertha 3W and driver were solid. Mostly straight to a slight fade and nothing left.

Lesson scheduled for Saturday and I look forward to sharing it here.

I got out to do some chipping and pitching practice today, after an abysmal showing in that department this weekend. I was having good results using the awesome wedge and the lob wedge. I was making great contact, and only duffed 2 shots. I need to keep working on developing that feel around the greens. It sure felt good to be out there practicing though!

I planned to spend a lot of time on the practice hole this evening since almost nobody was around, but the mosquito's (the reason no one with any sense was there) were about to carry me off at one point, needless to say I left early. I guess I did get some practice hitting a few shots while very distracted.

Spent an hour tonight working on chipping and putting in my basement after the kids went to bed. I've been struggling with the pace of my putts, so lined up a bunch of balls in increasing distance from the hole, and stair stepped back to get a feel for the stroke at each distance, then I went random and tried to recall how hard or soft to hit the shot. For chipping, I was working on aim and loft of my 2 highest lofted wedges. Put some masking tape on a blanket hanging from the ceiling in the form of an H, trying to keep it between the vertical strips and then varying above or below the horizontal strip. Even from a tight lie I was seeing much better results than I have in the past which has me encouraged.

More work on my takeaway and proper turn. Really feel my balance being better when I do this right, which is really neat. I've always struggled with balance through my swing, in part I've always felt due to my weight. I'm working on that as well, though. Will take a little time, but I feel good about things right now and the direction I'm heading.

Worked on my putting and swing inside before work. Putting is becoming pretty sharp

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Took swings without a ball, aimed at a specific point on the ground last night. I was either on top of the spot or just behind it the majority of the time, even when I was looking a good 2" in front of it like I do on the range or the course my divots weren't anywhere in front of it. I've got to work on getting my weight more forward.

Too rainy for the range yesterday, so I was stuck inside. Putted for a while and used an unused grip to continue getting used to my grip change. Cold day on tap for today, but I'm headed for the golf shop after work today to take some cuts with my revamped 588 Custom.

Too rainy for the range yesterday, so I was stuck inside. Putted for a while and used an unused grip to continue getting used to my grip change. Cold day on tap for today, but I'm headed for the golf shop after work today to take some cuts with my revamped 588 Custom.

What's with the revamped 588 custom?

What's with the revamped 588 custom?

Should be able to hit it with my Miya Blue, B Asha, and the stock Matrix all at 45". I'll elaborate in the appropriate thread, but I'm picking the driver and shafts up today.

Range session planned for this afternoon. Will likely hit quite a few today between the need to continue dialing wedge distance in, tee ball accuracy, and the normal drills. Weather looks pretty nice for golf club swinging.

Range for me tonight. Actually can't wait for it. Have some driver drills to work on from my last lesson, which hopefully will show me some progress. Also planning on hitting the short game area up for a while. Going to be a fun night.

Rolled the rock on the practice putting green last night at my home course for about 45 mins. Spent 25 of those minutes with the gate drill. Felt really really good afterwards. Wanted a somewhat lighter practice session as I was up like 38 hours straight after working a double. Back to the range or possibly playing a local par 3 course with the girlfriend.

I know this happened during the round today..but anyway . I used to have a loose riding right hand on grip ( alla John daly) ..today I had all 10 fingers gripping the shaft. More baseball grip style, full shots the same..but around the greens ( flops and short pitches) were a million times better than usual. Really let me control the face, and get a lot of spin and stop on it. Old grip kinda went under with no compression, I really had a lot of zip compression on these today. Will work on it tomorrow as well. Thought baseball grip was a joke, or a hackers grip..worked so good around the greens ..was shocked

Had a terrible range session this morning. I went with my putter, 5 iron, and 54 deg wedge, the putter and wedge were pretty good but the 5 iron was horrid in every sense of the word, most of them were fat as heck and if it wasn't fat it was an over the top nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back