What Do You Look at While You Swing

I look at the ball.

I have a bad habit of watching the club on the takeaway and then looking back at the ball at some point in my swing. I need to try to fix this.

I look at the ball but think about my smooth swing and intended target area in my mind. That helps hit through the ball and not at the ball.
This is why I am so great at this game :)

A dimple, the number, a blade of grass, the cart girl? And when do you look up? Are you consistent with it?

My plan is always the ball, but that is perhaps my worst swing fault - a least the worst one I'm aware of. I do it pretty well when putting, but it comes and goes for the full swing.

Putting I try to look at the end of my alignment line (i.e. looking at the line closest to the putter face; focus on the line, not a dimple), and try to keep looking at the same spot until my followthrough has completed. Try. Full swing I'm very bad for moving my eyes. I'll start off looking at the dimple closest to clubface, but my eyes inevitably go backwards and try to re-acquire the ball on my downswing. I've tried to keep my eyes on the ball, just never seems to stick. Often I won't even look at the ball at impact :(

Edit: that last was for driver only, I'm good at keeping the eyes on the ball until contact with irons.

Well I tell myself to look at the ball, but oddly that is hard for me to do ... Sometimes after my swing I honestly have no idea what I was looking at during the swing ...

Some days I believe I start my swing by looking at the target ... Even though I said look the ball ... The more danger I have in front of me, or the difficult the shot, the more prone I am to lift and look towards the target ... Its like I don't trust myself to execute the shot ... Or I just want watch ...

so the short answer is the ball ... The real answer ... Some where towards the target ...

I look at the front of the ball

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I once tried during range session to close my eyes. Just tryin to concentrate on a smooth swing. Of course with nothing to see you do lose a sense of balance but once ya get a little use to it the strikes were good LOL.

Back