2014 NCAA Men's Golf Championship Thread (Spoilers)

What a way to end it for Bama. Eagle to win the whole thing.

Yes sir...Roll Tide.

Pretty sweet finish. Some great matches today that came down to the end

I know they missed a few putts here and there, but the number of difficult clutch putts those kids made is mind boggling. Not to mention how good they hit the ball. I'm blown away. Thanks to Golf Channel for covering this!

The weather wrecked some havoc, ended up canceling Mondays individual round. Some teams played 11 holes in a 12 hour time frame. My buddy is the associate head coach at Univ of Houston, they finished three strokes out of 8 and one of the guys finished tied for 3rd.

Love this match play format...really good television each year.

The match play is just made for TV, it's great to watch and feel the team chemistry and the passion in each and every shot.

The match play is just made for TV, it's great to watch and feel the team chemistry and the passion in each and every shot.

I know most people didn't watch that long, but the Golf Channel really gave even the celebration a lot of coverage, even doing an hour long Golf Central live afterwards with more individual and group interviews. I know this was the first year where they moved the match-play to Tuesday/Wednesday to accommodate the TV coverage, but I think it went really well on some days where they would have been showing Feherty and Big Break reruns.

Cool thing about this tournament going forward next year is the women's teams are going to the match play format and playing the same course as the men's teams. More TV coverage for the women's teams is a good thing, as Duke will defend their title. Next year is at Concession Golf Club near Tampa (hint hint THP HQ).

Really enjoyed watching this. Badly want to play Prairie Dunes.

Yah the course looked great.

I can't believe that OSU guy four jacked to lose the match.

Cool thing about this tournament going forward next year is the women's teams are going to the match play format and playing the same course as the men's teams. More TV coverage for the women's teams is a good thing, as Duke will defend their title. Next year is at Concession Golf Club near Tampa (hint hint THP HQ).

I don't think I knew this...but I really like the change on the women's side as well.

If you write them a nice letter about how much you want to play, they may let you on for $250.

Or you can make friends with a member :)
My friends dad is a member and it's ridiculously cheap - around $225 a month. They don't have a big social-club side like most private places. Its all about the golf there.

I know most people didn't watch that long, but the Golf Channel really gave even the celebration a lot of coverage, even doing an hour long Golf Central live afterwards with more individual and group interviews. I know this was the first year where they moved the match-play to Tuesday/Wednesday to accommodate the TV coverage, but I think it went really well on some days where they would have been showing Feherty and Big Break reruns.

Yeah I was really pleasantly surprised how much they continued the coverage after the trophy presentation. Lots of highlights and analysis and then the team got interviewed on set.

Yeah I was really pleasantly surprised how much they continued the coverage after the trophy presentation. Lots of highlights and analysis and then the team got interviewed on set.

Yeah, to have Kelly Tilghman, Charlie Rymer, and Buddy Alexander there on the Golf Central set was another great way to make this event feel important...along with Notah and Billy Ray walking with the groups.

To go from having poor webcam coverage of like three holes one year to a full blown GC production the next was really amazing.

Yeah, to have Kelly Tilghman, Charlie Rymer, and Buddy Alexander there on the Golf Central set was another great way to make this event feel important...along with Notah and Billy Ray walking with the groups.

To go from having poor webcam coverage of like three holes one year to a full blown GC production the next was really amazing.

They never did show Wyatt's hole in one did they?

Watched some of this, loved all the TV coverage they put into it. Pretty good action too, looking forward to Golf Channel covering this for years to come.

They never did show Wyatt's hole in one did they?

They didn't to my knowledge. With it being match play, they may not have had cameras following the players those first few holes.

Back