It depends on when we finish 18. During the summer, we tee off before 8:00 am, and if the pace is good we'll be in well before noon. When that happens I head right home. I'd rather have lunch with my wife, than with my buddies who I've just spent 3+ hours with, and who I'll see the next day anyway. If we tee off later, and finish after noon, we'll usually stop and grab a sandwich.

Usually my buddies and I are trying to squeeze in a round between family/friend functions, so there is no stopping into the clubhouse afterwards. I will eat dinner at the CC of my friend if the wife is busy after work, primarily because they have a great menu of hot sandwiches. Cheap beer doesn't do much for me, probably because I don't drink much and have a low tolerance. Can't afford to sit around for it to leave my system and I wont drive buzzed.

Like most people it seems, I'm more likely to stick around for food and and a couple drinks when playing with others.
Lately I have been buying more food and drinks from a local course because there was some talk of the course closing in the community. It's a course I really enjoy also, north shore gc in Menominee. I'm happy to see it's still open and only $20 for 18 and a cart every day. That's a steal for a course like this so I have made it a point to spend more money there than I would have normally.

Besides the course and the inexpensive golf is how the owner and staff make everyone feel welcome. They are very friendly and engaging in a sincere way.

Back