Golfsmith Club Refinishing REVIEW

Sorry to revive this, but has anybody attempted to do this themselves? I just received a new fairway wood on a trade and it could use a little "refreshing"... I am thinking about wet sanding it and trying to come up with my own fix, maybe a flat black paint but I want it to hold up... Anyone?

Sorry to revive this, but has anybody attempted to do this themselves? I just received a new fairway wood on a trade and it could use a little "refreshing"... I am thinking about wet sanding it and trying to come up with my own fix, maybe a flat black paint but I want it to hold up... Anyone?

I painted mine (a couple times now). I found this link to be a pretty good guide:

http://www.igolfvalueguide.com/blog/diy-how-to-change-the-color-of-your-taylormade-driver/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Seriously...I'm considering redoing an Adams Speedline for quips and giggles and wouldn't mind seeing how yours looked!

I brought everything down to the metal with a wirewheel on an angle grinder. Then I used etching primer and spray paint. Light coats is the key. This is three light coats of each color.

I tried to get fancy with the "alignment" lines and had some bleed through of the paint. Some of the areas that look darker or dirty are just that, dirty:

6XOz3vGl.jpg

Also, I would recommend if your going to do what I did and take everything down to the metal get some clear and spray the "exposed" metal with clear. I still have to do that. You can see in this picture that the face has some small amounts of surface rust on it. I played in some rainy weather Saturday and hadn't looked at the club until today:

CfxFcL1l.jpg

Back