Trying To Break 90 Club

Playing a course today that I feel I can really get after. After my lesson last seems to have fixed my fat iron issue I should have a lot less wasted shots.

Nice dude, looks like you are graduating to the Breaking 80 thread

Lol. Thanks for the heads up. I can't. believe I did that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

finally!!

made some real mistakes that kept me from scoring really low (four 3-jacks!). zero birdies, seven pars, six bogeys, five doubles. nothing worse. Personal Best :D

for those that can't read my crap handwriting, that's an 88. 38 putts. 10/14 fairways. 9/18 greens. pretty happy :)

Nice! Get those putts down and you'll be there regularly. Congrats on the PB!

96 yesterday...43 on the front. Took a 7 and an 8 on the last two holes though. Drove it way better, but the problem is when I got in trouble, I REALLY got in trouble. In a dry-ish hazard up against a log, in a non-hazard markded ditch maybe 9" wide...and a few others. All of those took 3 extra strokes to get out of. 4 pars on the front, none on the back, but had a birdie...and only 1 penaltly stroke.

94 today. Most pars I've ever made. 12 over both front and back. One or two less blow up holes and high 80s Here I come. I hook my long irons on the par 3s. I think I'm not finishing my stroke cause I'm scared to hook, but not finishing makes me hook. The humanity

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I've gotten in reach in last 4 rounds I've played always ending up with a couple blow up holes killing the chances. This weekend I should have a shot at it again on a shorter course with my league.

43 yesterday, 44 today, does that make an 87? I will go for 18 tomorrow, lets hit it straight!

Playing a course today that I feel I can really get after. After my lesson last seems to have fixed my fat iron issue I should have a lot less wasted shots.

A craptastic 96 with 42 putts. Spi lesson is at the top of my agenda. I hit the ball well just bad putting again.

43 yesterday, 44 today, does that make an 87? I will go for 18 tomorrow, lets hit it straight!

good luck!

I followed my 88 up with a 47/47 94. terrible day on the course. I was sure it would be over 100. definitely felt like more than a 94. tomorrow will be back into the 80s, I hope!

I'm officially in this club now I believe

Shot a 50/44 today 4 pens on the front and one on the back, the 4 on the front were off the tee lost right, the one on the back I hit through the FW with an 8i and ended up in the pond, had 32 putts17/15 thanks to some great wedge play.

I'm still struggling off the tee but think I got that straightened out...........well maybe

I feel like I'm really on the crest of dropping to below 90 here real soon and if I can get off the tee box then I can move back a set at my home course.

at my home course, the last two holes have been keeping me over 90 for the last couple of rounds. 94 yesterday with double-double on those two. 91 today with double then bogey. I think it just gets in my head that I need to finish strong and I find a way to mess it up. hoping to get another round in before I go out of town tuesday afternoon... I need another sub-90 round to think about while I'm forced to work and not golf :D

Broke 90. Today with 89 on a par 70 course. 48 41 with a 9 on the first hole!

Trouble with the driver off the tee kept me a few strokes off breaking 90 in previous rounds...the Nike VRS and Odyssey XG just arrived yesterday so I can't wait to see what they'll do for my game..

It finally happened... Shot 88 today on my home course (Gaylord Springs- Nashville)... I've been close for awhile shot a 94 yesterday, lets hope I can make it two in a row with my next round...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It finally happened... Shot 88 today on my home course (Gaylord Springs- Nashville)... I've been close for awhile shot a 94 yesterday, lets hope I can make it two in a row with my next round...

Nice home course!

Shot an 84 today (40-44)! Best round I've had in a long time. My irons were spot on and made some great putts. Only part that messed me up on the back 9 was a 4 some enjoying the partying a bit more than the golf. It took them forever to tee off each hole and we would get stuck waiting the last few, really killed my momentum. I did drop 2 birdies on the front 9 though!

Trying To Break 90 Club

I'm officially in this club now I believe

Shot a 50/44 today 4 pens on the front and one on the back, the 4 on the front were off the tee lost right, the one on the back I hit through the FW with an 8i and ended up in the pond, had 32 putts17/15 thanks to some great wedge play.

I'm still struggling off the tee but think I got that straightened out...........well maybe

I feel like I'm really on the crest of dropping to below 90 here real soon and if I can get off the tee box then I can move back a set at my home course.

Umm so I backed Fridays round up with an 82 39/43 at my home course 5 FIR 10 GIR 36 putts 4-3jacks(3 on par5's)

This is the first of many times I break 90 ;)

Last edited:
Finally broke 90 with an 86 on Saturday. It's been about 6 months.

My average score has been 92, so it was nice to actually break through.

Umm so I backed Fridays round up with an 82 39/43 at my home course 5 FIR 10 GIR 36 putts 4-3jacks(3 on par5's)

This is the first of many times I break 90 ;)

boom! i love it when things just click like that. that was an excellent round, sir.

boom! i love it when things just click like that. that was an excellent round, sir.

Thank You

It was a crazy round scoring wise and very boring play which was fun, especially with the struggles I've had this year. It felt like everything clicked except for 2 holes on the back and one on the front that I doubled.

thought I was going to break 80 the way I started off today. par, par, bogey, par, birdie. then came the blowup double... and the lack of confidence lasted the rest of the round. 44/49. bleh.

Two slow starts on Friday and Sunday kept me out of the 80's for the extra rounds. I went 41 and 45 on the back 9's though. Going under 90 on those courses would have been a big accomplishment for me.

Played 9 holes today and shot 47 on a par 37 front, really happy with the new driver as it kept me in play on 4/6 fairways. Putting was decent too, only problems were a few inconsistent strikes on the driver face and on short irons, causing me to miss the greens a few times. I'm confident that once I get a hang of this driver and solve my short iron problem, I'll be breaking 90 with little difficulty.

Combined a 45 from Saturday with a 45 from yesterday...still haven't quite gotten there yet. Just need to straighten things out with the driver and I think the rest will fall into place.

I am having a lesson this friday, hopefully to work on gaining some consistency off the tee, this really is what is getting me from breaking 90 consistently, I have 65% GIR on par 3s, but only 11% on all other holes, my tee shot doesnt allow me to aim at the green

Back