How often do you get a new golf bag / how many do you have?

I have two bags. One that I had since 2003, and a new one that I got back in January. Both great bags with plenty of storage space.

Nothing outrageous. Current and backup cart bags. Had a couple more, and let them go to the curb to keep peace.
Only managed to hang on to the backup because I flat out refused to let the backup clubs go, and they need a place to stay.

Before I bought my new Titleist stand bag last month, I had my previous bag for almost 20 years. Was a top flite stand bag that I bought in high school. Took the stand finally snapping off for me to get a new one.

1 stand bag but I am currently looking for a nice staff bag to put in the man cave as a decoration piece. I am leaning towards the new Big Bertha staff bag, those look great.

I get one every few years, generally when my old one gives out or breaks. I only have 1

Last edited:
Been playing 6 years and have had 3 bags. The first was a Callaway bag, sold it when I sold my Callaway clubs. Now O own 2 Sunmountain bags, one made for their pushcart and the other, C130 regular cart bag.

I had an old piece of junk cart bag for a while, then bought a clicgear bag a couple years ago when I started walking more and I don't plan on getting another bag for a long time. This bag shows virtually zero signs of wear and works fine in a cart, and travels well to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holy crap Beags, save some for the rest of us. LOL

I have 1 bag....I have changed bags once and that was when the bag I had before broke. My golf budget tends to go towards actually golfing or clubs when I can. Right now it's going towards playing and saving for the Gauntlet. I figure this winter I'll get my bag pretty well set for clubs for the foreseeable future, then maybe next year I'll look at a stand bag to go with the cart bag I have now.

I have two bags. A PING craz-e lite that's maybe 12 years old and a Clickgear B3 that I got last year. Those are the last two I've bought too, so that'll answer your question I guess ;)

1 staff bag
3 Ogio carry bags
1 H2NO carry bag

1 per 1-2 years.

2 Staffers one is strictly for decoration and 1 stand which will probably be replaced after about 2 years of use.

I just have the one, a Maxfli stand bag I got about 2 years ago now. Will change once it craps out.

I have had about a dozen so that makes one every 3 years. I currently have a Taylormade carry bag and a brand new Ogio Chamber cart bag that is surprisingly easy to carry. My old Sun Mountain 3.5 is being used by my son.

I have one staff bag and one carry bag. The carry bag is in great shape (you will see why); the staff bag is strapped to my golf car and is OK except for being very faded.

I usually only replace a bag when the zippers or straps break.

I have a TM stand and a Cleveland Staffer. Got them both in the last year or so. Sold 3 other bags within the same time frame.
Would like another staff bag in the near future.

I have three bags - a Callaway Warbird Stand bag (my main bag), a Callaway cart bag that I picked up last year when Troon North got rid of their rental clubs, and a personalized Callaway Golf Big Bertha (the original S2H2) staff bag that I got in 1995 and use infrequently. The staff bag holds my old clubs. Never spent more than $60 on any bag. I am thinking about getting a new staff bag this winter, but I believe that I am set for the season.

My golf bag is about the only golf item I don't get the desire to want to replace every year. I have 1 stand bag that is now in it's third season. Before that I had a stand bag for about 6 years and only replaced it because part of it broke.

Ton of great responses here! I think I should get a staff bag As a decoration piece as well.... The sldr one is pretty sweet.

Tap tap taparoo

I've got two cart bags, one for the "extra" clubs in the garage, and the one I use. Both are Taylor Made. I'll buy a new one when the one I use breaks or tears.

I have only one and it was new last summer. I don't see any need to change any time soon, so this one may be around awhile. I've had a couple as long as ten years in the past.

Can you ever really have too many bags? Irons? Putters? Wedges? Hybrids?...

live in apartment in NYC and there is a limit to everything

Almost never, and one.

I've had a Great Divider Trolley bag for a good number of years. Use it on my Clicgear 3.5+.

...So I ask you Golfaholics - how often do you get a new bag and how many do you have right now?

I get a new personalized staff bag pretty much every year. I wonder how long that will continue.

How often do you get a new golf bag / how many do you have?

I get one every two yrs or so. I just got the Callaway 50th anniversary stand bag this yr so I'm looking so I don't beat that one up

Last edited:
Back