2014 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

Played the new B330 RX today and found it to be outstanding. Checked up well on the greens, came off the driver and irons just like butter, and even when I sliced, where some balls spin too much, these didn't get away...Terrific ball!

Second Toddo's opinion. Played with the new 330RX yesterday instead of my usual e6 and loved it.

I like the new 330's. I need to try the new RX's.

I really like this ball (RX) and plan on making it my primary ball this year.

In addition to liking it. I like to support Bridgestone for its support of THP events.

Played the b330rx today and this ball is no joke. Great of the tee and the fairway. For me I just wish I could get more spin around the green. Imagine it's my game but man I landed some balls within 6 feet of the hole and it just kept rolling by. Durability is good and I'll keep with these.

I've been going back and forth between the 330, 330S, and the RXS while practicing the short game and even though all are exceptional the regular 330 is taking the lead for me

I've been going back and forth between the 330, 330S, and the RXS while practicing the short game and even though all are exceptional the regular 330 is taking the lead for me

I'm going with the RX, but I played the 330 the other day and it performed exceptionally well for me. I really need to go through another live fitting since my swing has changed like it has.

I'm going with the RX, but I played the 330 the other day and it performed exceptionally well for me. I really need to go through another live fitting since my swing has changed like it has.

Funny you say that, I want to do another fitting right after the MC when my game will be at it's peak.

Went back to the B330RX this weekend from e6. The hold I want immediately returned. The distance was definately there as well. I hit some greens in regulation today that I haven't in a while and there were shots that got to or past the 150 stick and left me at least one club shorter into the green.

I know I can compress it and I'm sticking with it now......

JM

Which one have you been seeing better results with your wedges and hitting into the greens? I was hitting some great shots, and I know it doesn't take much to mess up the spin. But man put a Cleveland 588RTX wedge with these and I would think you would have amazing spin. I had some great close shots but they would land by the flag and keep rolling. Thinking I need to try the RXS next time.

Which one have you been seeing better results with your wedges and hitting into the greens? I was hitting some great shots, and I know it doesn't take much to mess up the spin. But man put a Cleveland 588RTX wedge with these and I would think you would have amazing spin. I had some great close shots but they would land by the flag and keep rolling. Thinking I need to try the RXS next time.

I am using the RX and not seeing any issues with stopping the ball. I've actually had to adjust what I am hitting into greens and the distance I want to land my shots at. Prior to the 330's I would land the ball and watch it roll up to the cup. Now I have to fly it further.

I am using the RX and not seeing any issues with stopping the ball. I've actually had to adjust what I am hitting into greens and the distance I want to land my shots at. Prior to the 330's I would land the ball and watch it roll up to the cup. Now I have to fly it further.

Same here with the B330 vs my old Chrome+. Getting a little more grab around the greens than I am used to (not a high spin wedge guy by any means). It lets me be a little more aggressive around the greens.

Same here with the B330 vs my old Chrome+. Getting a little more grab around the greens than I am used to (not a high spin wedge guy by any means). It lets me be a little more aggressive around the greens.

If that was the ball you were playing in OCN you were getting some decent spin. I was truly impressed with the stopping action I was getting from the Lady Precepts.

I apologize ahead of time for this post - I am a golf geek w respect to balls.

I jumped on line and was fitted for a Bridgestone B330S ball. I have played the Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x - I hit the ProV1 straighter with the driver, and really missed the V1x right with my driver. I picked up a dozen of each at Amazon about two weeks ago, on sale. I took a sleeve of Bridgestone B330 and a sleeve of B330S balls to my instructor, who has a TrackMan system. I hit both balls with my driver and my 7 iron, to compare them with my swing.

Results -
I could not draw the B330S with the driver for the life of me. My misses were right. B330 drives were straighter and the misses were both left and right. Ball flight was very different with the driver - much higher with the B330S. Similar ball flight with the 7iron.

Here are my stats:
Swing speed for Driver & 7iron:
330 - 103 mph, 88.1 mph
330S - 102 mph, 89.5 mph

Distance yards (carry, total) Driver; 7iron
B330 - 240.1, 270.1 ; 168.0, 173.5
B330S - 240.3, 257.6 ; 172.3, 176.9

Spin Rates - Driver, 7iron
B330 - 2553 rpm, 7005 rpm
B330S - 3379 rpm, 7130 rpm

My conclusions -
I can fade the B330S with the driver, and a little more spin w irons. It is a better ball for my iron game. Could not draw the driver, which plays to my usual ball flight.
I will absolutely play the B330 if the wind is significant.
The distance differences w the driver is impressive, but not sure if that will carry onto the course.
I want to try the B330 RX next, see how that compares to the B330.

You've got way more data than me, friend, but I've got the same driver issue. Today I had to stop aiming right and trying to draw it because it went straight as an arrow. Then I went for a straight shot and wouldn't you know it, straight it went. The distance out of a 330S is ludicrous though. The approach spin has me learning to stop trying to read the green and just put it close from 125 in. I'm so sold on these balls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize ahead of time for this post - I am a golf geek w respect to balls.

I jumped on line and was fitted for a Bridgestone B330S ball. I have played the Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x - I hit the ProV1 straighter with the driver, and really missed the V1x right with my driver. I picked up a dozen of each at Amazon about two weeks ago, on sale. I took a sleeve of Bridgestone B330 and a sleeve of B330S balls to my instructor, who has a TrackMan system. I hit both balls with my driver and my 7 iron, to compare them with my swing.

Results -
I could not draw the B330S with the driver for the life of me. My misses were right. B330 drives were straighter and the misses were both left and right. Ball flight was very different with the driver - much higher with the B330S. Similar ball flight with the 7iron.

Here are my stats:
Swing speed for Driver & 7iron:
330 - 103 mph, 88.1 mph
330S - 102 mph, 89.5 mph

Distance yards (carry, total) Driver; 7iron
B330 - 240.1, 270.1 ; 168.0, 173.5
B330S - 240.3, 257.6 ; 172.3, 176.9

Spin Rates - Driver, 7iron
B330 - 2553 rpm, 7005 rpm
B330S - 3379 rpm, 7130 rpm

My conclusions -
I can fade the B330S with the driver, and a little more spin w irons. It is a better ball for my iron game. Could not draw the driver, which plays to my usual ball flight.
I will absolutely play the B330 if the wind is significant.
The distance differences w the driver is impressive, but not sure if that will carry onto the course.
I want to try the B330 RX next, see how that compares to the B330.

Nice write up.

Are you sure these are the 2014 version as box looks different in picture ? If these are 2014 then I will grab a heap of them !

Not anymore. Description is 2014 but box image is previous model.

For those who have hit both the 330s and 330,how would you compare the two off the tee?

That is my plan for my Wed am outing, hitting both off the tee on a real, live golf course! As long as it isn't windy, that is. I will repost when I am done.

For those who have hit both the 330s and 330,how would you compare the two off the tee?

330s has a bit more spin off the diver. Not really noticeable unless you are a big slicer. If you prefer a draw off the tee the 330s lets it moved a touch more. 330 is more of a strait shot when I hit draws.

330s has a bit more spin off the diver. Not really noticeable unless you are a big slicer. If you prefer a draw off the tee the 330s lets it moved a touch more. 330 is more of a strait shot when I hit draws.

Good stuff. And noticeably more spinny around the greens?

So I'm not too active around here but I have some time on my hands and just made my way through this WHOLE thread! It seems to have died, any updates??

Back