Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Wow, that's a very inexpensive shaft too (XCaliber 5) If you don't mind me asking, what is your swing speed and what flex are you using ..?

I do feel it's time tho to move to a softer tip, lower kick shaft Mr. Glock, as age is catching up lol!
This XCaliber 5 sounds intriguing .. thanks for the info on our SS and flex in advance! :thumb:

It is right around 85 +/-, and I have an untipped R flex. I have a very smooth swing, smooth transition, and a late release. After chatting with Robin, he said this would be the best for me. And wow was he right!

Not sure if you are familiar with Robin Arthur, but he is the creator if the Grafalloy Prolite, shaft, the Grafalloy Blue, as well as many other very well known shafts. He is a great guy to talk to.

Tapa tapa tapa

It is right around 85 +/-, and I have an untipped R flex. I have a very smooth swing, smooth transition, and a late release. After chatting with Robin, he said this would be the best for me. And wow was he right!

Not sure if you are familiar with Robin Arthur, but he is the creator if the Grafalloy Prolite, shaft, the Grafalloy Blue, as well as many other very well known shafts. He is a great guy to talk to.

Tapa tapa tapa
Thank you, and no, I wasn't familiar with Robin, I am now however! :thumb:

I'm going shaft shopping .. your SS and mine are similar .. If I really try to bust one, and they stay online for the most part with my AC, I can get upwards of about 93.
If I went to someone like Robin, could he (they) switch out shafts for you right there on the spot, and you just continue hitting on a monitor while finding the right combo?

I wonder if we have a demo day coming sometime soon? :)

Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

If you have to swap tips then not really. The epoxy I use sets in a about an hour, and probably "could" be hit within a couple hours of assembly. But as a rule I wait overnight, if not at least 24 hours before hitting one.

You might get lucky though and find a builder that has an AC tip set up with an interchangeable adapter like a Club Conex system.

Tapa tapa tapa

Dropped in the nv 65g stiff shaft and upped the loft to 10.5*. Wow such penetrating ball flight. All for $20.

Dropped in the nv 65g stiff shaft and upped the loft to 10.5*. Wow such penetrating ball flight. All for $20.
It's a great combination. The low-launch/low-spin shaft and this head creates such a great flight. I've been using it for about 6 months now, and it's done wonders.

I'm putting the green masters edition in the bag today!

Excited!

I'm putting the green masters edition in the bag today!

Excited!

Awesome. Get some pics on here once you have it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's a great combination. The low-launch/low-spin shaft and this head creates such a great flight. I've been using it for about 6 months now, and it's done wonders.

It just goes to show that you don't always need an expensive shaft to do the job. I get a ton more roll with the NV in there.

It just goes to show that you don't always need an expensive shaft to do the job. I get a ton more roll with the NV in there.

I've just picked up a Kuro Kage silver out of the ACP. Tried it at the range yesterday in my normal 10.5 and found it to launch and spin quite high, dropping and stopping. Set to 9.5 was pretty much the same thing..

With 5 balls left I dropped it to 8.5 and WOW, the perfect flight and LONG too :D

The KK is a little stiffer and heavier than Xcon-6 I've been playing, gives me more confidence when I go after it..

Drove the ball very well in todays competition..

I've just picked up a Kuro Kage silver out of the ACP. Tried it at the range yesterday in my normal 10.5 and found it to launch and spin quite high, dropping and stopping. Set to 9.5 was pretty much the same thing..

With 5 balls left I dropped it to 8.5 and WOW, the perfect flight and LONG too :D

The KK is a little stiffer and heavier than Xcon-6 I've been playing, gives me more confidence when I go after it..

Drove the ball very well in todays competition..

Its funny you say that. The other day at the range, I decided to "loft up" and move it to 11.5. That was a mistake. I kept on balloning the ball and not getting any distance. I then dropped it back to the 9.5D setting and I got that penetrating ball flight with a lot more distance. I guess lofting up doesnt work for everyone. I should try the 8.5 setting to see what that does.

Its funny you say that. The other day at the range, I decided to "loft up" and move it to 11.5. That was a mistake. I kept on balloning the ball and not getting any distance. I then dropped it back to the 9.5D setting and I got that penetrating ball flight with a lot more distance. I guess lofting up doesnt work for everyone. I should try the 8.5 setting to see what that does.

Nor does it work with every driver. Some aren't designed to do that with their weighting

2013cobramyflytiploftco.jpg

Can someone help me out please?

I've got a RH AC head with a RH ACPro KK shaft. Set to 8.5 does that equate to 9.5D??

Damoegan,

I think they will be the same spine, both RH driver shafts. Unless the ACP shaft has the ACP adapter, if so than yes, the ACP adapter on a AC head will be 9.5 draw.

Damoegan,

I think they will be the same spine, both RH driver shafts. Unless the ACP shaft has the ACP adapter, if so than yes, the ACP adapter on a AC head will be 9.5 draw.

Vince.

Yes, ACP shaft with ACP adapter. 9.5D makes sense with the flight I was getting today..

Vince.

Yes, ACP shaft with ACP adapter. 9.5D makes sense with the flight I was getting today..

Thanks again for copying that chart. It helps a ton with the non pro and pro adjustments.

Awesome. Get some pics on here once you have it.

It's a great combo. I set it to 9.5 and hit some bombs today.

Pics to come.

Awesome! I knew you wouldn't be disappointed!

Love this driver. My drives today were straight and long. Very happy. Sexy red too.

Starting to have a hooking problem. Not a snap hook but a big sweeping right to left action. Hmmm. As I play more and I get stronger, does my swing action necessitate a beefier shaft.

Starting to have a hooking problem. Not a snap hook but a big sweeping right to left action. Hmmm. As I play more and I get stronger, does my swing action necessitate a beefier shaft.

You know I was battling the hook with this for about a week and I have only had it a few weeks. I can't seem to slice this shaft.

So watched a video back and noticed my hands and right elbow getting away from me. As soon as I concentrated on keeping that right elbow more connected the hook was gone and I didn't doubt the shaft again.

You know I was battling the hook with this for about a week and I have only had it a few weeks. I can't seem to slice this shaft.

So watched a video back and noticed my hands and right elbow getting away from me. As soon as I concentrated on keeping that right elbow more connected the hook was gone and I didn't doubt the shaft again.

As I start to loosen up this season and increase flexibility, I am starting to get a little too fluid. Also I noticed on Saturday that I was a bit wristy sometimes.

Have one round in with this thing. In warmup on the range before the round I was bombing it, dead straight. It was awesome. Get on the course and I start slicing it, which is my miss. I know I was over swinging. Had a few good ones in there though. I was really loving the improved launch over my last driver too. Much higher and more piercing ball flight. Just gotta get my swing figured out.

Have one round in with this thing. In warmup on the range before the round I was bombing it, dead straight. It was awesome. Get on the course and I start slicing it, which is my miss. I know I was over swinging. Had a few good ones in there though. I was really loving the improved launch over my last driver though. Just gotta get my swing figured out.

I slice this driver on the lower loft settings. 10.5 works like bikinis and hot chick's for me.

I slice this driver on the lower loft settings. 10.5 works like bikinis and hot chick's for me.

I moved it to 10.5° D and got a little better. I have a cut swing with the driver, and gets even worse when I over swing. I had 2 shots where I focused on that more and hit it really well.

Moved the AC down to 9.5 and what a difference. Way better ball flight and distance. I think I found a winner.

Back