THP Bridgestone Indy invitational Pics & Recap

So yesterday was our last day (sad), but I had the opportunity to play with GregDan, Amart, and Rbarthle17, and jeez louise these guys can play. GregDan definitely tore up the back side with his (-1) 35, he even had it together on the front side, but unfortunately had some back kicks here and there. Rbartthele17 is a short game magician as he got up and down from all over the place, and if I recall correctly, Andy hit nearly almost every fairway with a few exceptions here and there. Unfortunately, not too much can or should be said about my game as I hit just about every fairway bunker...followed with a chunk out of each one. Oh, and I couldn't get a single putt (par in this case) to drop. Just awful on my part.

First, I see what you did there.

Secondly, don't buy his recap of himself. Dude was firing mortar rounds off the tee with most leaving easy second shots. He has a Tour-worthy swing, too. It might not have been his best scoring round, but he's got game in spades. You want him on your team, period.

First, I see what you did there.

Secondly, don't buy his recap of himself. Dude was firing mortar rounds off the tee with most leaving easy second shots. He has a Tour-worthy swing, too. It might not have been his best scoring round, but he's got game in spades. You want him on your team, period.

I watched him on the range pounding the ball Saturday morning. He has a really nice looking swing.

Going through my phone check out this creeper:

20140531_203940_zps1e62b004.jpg

It's almost like I planned to have that name over his shoulder...

Michigan Slice was in Indy? I can't believe he keeps ducking me.

The fact that your user title doesnt say Egg Burger Aficionado on it displeases me greatly.

Michigan Slice was in Indy? I can't believe he keeps ducking me.

He told me on the way down that it is his mission in live to never meet you in person.

The fact that your user title doesnt say Egg Burger Aficionado on it displeases me greatly.

Say wha.....?

I ordered a bacon, egg, and cheese this morning from the cafeteria....and the grill master looked at me like I had two heads when I asked if he had any burgers ready to throw on there.

Few more random thoughts as I drink my morning coffee and have a huge grin on my face:

1. The look on Rob Dean and my face as we stopped at a stop sign in the middle of the projects had to be precious

2. The event, lodging, extra rounds all were spectacular. Great job by THP and mr 441

3. THP events have a strange way of making strangers greet each other like long lost friends. Those new acquaintances become friends too

4. Where the #$@! is PhillyV?

5. How the heck do you hit your ball into a bunker then spin it back out into a water hazard?

6. So I hear gregdan was the favorite to win this?

7. Cj and Toad in the same golf cart is must see action

8. Jman crushes his bio cell hybrid

9. Xthor is pretty much money with his 2deep off the tee

10. Playing the back 9 at purgatory as a 6some will always be fondly remembered

11. Someone should have caught v.man on video on 18th green at the fort. He was putting in work!

12. Grown up THPers become very child like at D&B. Until there is blood drawn at the 4 way air hockey table.

13. Poor dhartman34... probably having a hard time walking today

14. INDY INVITATIONAL WEEKEND WAS AMAZING

Alright its time some thoughts from this weekend in random

- well the weather was pretty great im happy i didnt jinx it with the weather talk 3 weeks ago.

-greggdrews i a super nice guy good company on the drive there and back....but im going to get him a cupon for a sleep apnea machine no human should snore that loud its not natural.

- the meet and greet was great it was nice to put faces to names sorry if i missed anyone im not the most outgoing person but there will be a next time.

-saturday was so much fun sorry i didnt play better coers i didnt get much sleep. it was still fun with Robman and Tpluff playing well together.

-apparently Dhartman other then a good golfer is a youtube connoisseur who knew a goat could ride on the back of a motorcycle holding on by himself?

-i cant eat cheesecake ever again after Sat night thanks coers

-the food and people were great all weekend i couldnt really ask for more in a weekend golftrip.

-the course was great on sunday and i shot my PB for 9 a -1 35 a great ending to the week.

it was my first event i look forward to attending more

Few more random thoughts as I drink my morning coffee and have a huge grin on my face:

1. The look on Rob Dean and my face as we stopped at a stop sign in the middle of the projects had to be precious

2. The event, lodging, extra rounds all were spectacular. Great job by THP and mr 441

3. THP events have a strange way of making strangers greet each other like long lost friends. Those new acquaintances become friends too

4. Where the #$@! is PhillyV?

5. How the heck do you hit your ball into a bunker then spin it back out into a water hazard?

6. So I hear gregdan was the favorite to win this?

7. Cj and Toad in the same golf cart is must see action

8. Jman crushes his bio cell hybrid

9. Xthor is pretty much money with his 2deep off the tee

10. Playing the back 9 at purgatory as a 6some will always be fondly remembered

11. Someone should have caught v.man on video on 18th green at the fort. He was putting in work!

12. Grown up THPers become very child like at D&B. Until there is blood drawn at the 4 way air hockey table.

13. Poor dhartman34... probably having a hard time walking today

14. INDY INVITATIONAL WEEKEND WAS AMAZING

Whats this #13 crap, I held my own dang it. I think PhillyV and Darren saw a few of my good shots when they werent looking for balls in the rough or sending the spotter hunting for them in the woods

At work this morning. Working for a living is for the squirrels. Wish I was still in Indy. Had a blast this weekend. Will have a recap later tonight.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

To say this is going to be long winded is an understatement, but I will try to keep this from being an article. First and foremost many thanks to Josh, Morgan and 441 for bringing that amazing event together. The idea, the planning – everything was planned out perfectly for 40 THPers to have an amazing weekend. I don’t think we will know or fully appreciate the amount of work that goes into them – but thank you for everything you do.

Now for some of my thoughts from the weekend:

Got the opportunity to meet greggdrews and Ohio_Striker at an impromptu range session at the Fort on Friday. Trying to drive and send a PM is not something I suggest and will not try again. In fact, probably shouldn’t be putting that in writing. Still it was a great chance to meet both guys and two of the nicest guys I have met.

Heading to the Cheeseburger Paradise, it was great getting to seeing THPers I knew and meeting so many new THPers. Got a huge welcome from Dev and Josh as I first got to the group and still need to remind myself – fist bump, first bump. It was a great evening and the Good Egg burger was everything people (mainly O’Carroll) are raving about.

Introductions where you introduce yourself by name and then have to clarify with your THP forum name are absolutely the best.

I made a goal for myself to introduce myself to everyone and I don’t think I completed it. I came close, but I will do a better job of it at Ocean City.

The first tee at the Invitational – Philly V came through big time. I was shooting to beat my record of 40 yards off the first tee at a THP Invitational and I think I did it – by 1 yard - I think. For the record, I will never, never, never ever hit anything less than driver off the tee at a THP event again. I don’t care if I have played the hole before and I know I shouldn’t hit driver – I will hit it anyways. A lot of room for improvement at Ocean City.

The round – had a great time with Captain Caution, Golf3rguy and my partner – Bhillin. Had a blast with all 3 guys and it was fun watching Captain Caution and Golf3rguy work together. Both guys are great golfers and they were a great team. They carved up the back 9 on the Fort and I really thought they were making a run at the title. I think the bogey on 18 killed them. Alternate shot was not kind to Bhillin and I - nor did I really help Brian on the front. Still I had an absolute blast and in the end – that is all that matters. All three guys are great guys and would absolutely tee it up with them in a heartbeat.

Dinner afterwards at Bucca Di Beppo was fantastic, but like many have said – the evening was made at Dave and Busters. I can’t say that I have laughed as hard as I did when I was playing 4 way air hockey before Saturday night. I also found out that Jman and I are not wonder twins as when we banged knuckles a couple of times, I kept wishing for him to take the shape of an ice pack for my still sore fingers. Ouch! Still it was such a great evening and I think we raised the bar for future Invitationals.

Sunday round at Prairie View started off with me figuring out that the course is less than 5 miles from my new apartment. I will be spending a lot of time there – great course. The round was with Canadan, 441 and O’Carroll. It was an absolute blast and if any Morgan Cuppers are going up against O’Carroll – know that he has a shot in his bag that you don’t. Never seen anyone hit an approach shot off a bridge and still get it close to the green.

I should add that O’Carroll started to weekend off by saying, “I brought you a gift – but it is broken” and thinking about that line still makes me laugh. Superglue fixed the broken part easily. But he was on fire Sunday and if you haven’t spend 5 minutes with him – well do yourself a favor - he is a great egg.

Canadan is probably my favourite THPer and just makes me smile during a round – even when I send a ball 200 yards in the wrong direction. The silkiest of swings, it is fun to watch him swing a golf club and then swear at a golf course. Looking forward to taking on Oasis again with him and his brother.

441 - it was pleasure finally getting to spend some time with you and playing some golf. Outside of being a great planner, he is a great golfer and I had an absolute blast. Just be careful not to let him convince you to hit your broken driver as you are standing next to a big body of water. His evil laugh is scary. I am checking to see if I can make the swing up to gulp, Cleveland in June for some more golf with you and the rest of the Ohio THPers.

Kc720 – I kept hearing about what a great guy he is and I met him for about 5 minutes. He is just that - a great guy and I absolutely butchered saying goodbye to him yesterday. I hope that our paths cross again soon so I can get a chance to chat with you more.

There are so many that I got to meet this weekend that were great people that I didn’t mention in this. I have more thoughts coming.

I also have to give one last thank you to someone who wasn’t there this weekend – Six4three5. For those that don’t know, Jimmy had to convince me – more like wear me down last year to go sign up for the Connecticut Invitational. Now I am wishing I had gone to all of them. THP events are just downright good for soul. If you haven’t gone for one or signed up – do it soon. I cannot wait of Ocean City!!

Last edited:
It was a great evening and the Good Egg burger was everything people (mainly O’Carroll) are raving about.

I should add that O’Carroll started to weekend off by saying, “I brought you a gift – but it is broken” and thinking about that line still makes me laugh. Superglue fixed the broken part easily. But he was on fire Sunday and if you haven’t spend 5 minutes with him – well do yourself a favor - he is a great egg.
I see what you did there. Well played!

It was great seeing you again buddy, and I will be back in Indianapolis--gauranteed.

Aaron is good people and his short game is scary good, I think on the front he had a 4 hole stretch where he didnt even have to putt he was sticking it so tight.

I see what you did there. Well played!

It was great seeing you again buddy, and I will be back in Indianapolis--gauranteed.

When you do - I know exactly where we are going to eat.

Hey Mike Dean and Dhartmann, notice anything different by your names?? Welcome to the HOF!

Just amazing! Thank you.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Kristen took this and sent it to me from D&B on Saturday night...

The Iceyshanks starter kit was offered as a prize in the store there at D&B. GregDan and CJ picked one up...

To say this is going to be long winded is an understatement, but I will try to keep this from being an article. First and foremost many thanks to Josh, Morgan and 441 for bringing that amazing event together. The idea, the planning – everything was planned out perfectly for 40 THPers to have an amazing weekend. I don’t think we will know or fully appreciate the amount of work that goes into them – but thank you for everything you do.

Now for some of my thoughts from the weekend:

Got the opportunity to meet greggdrews and Ohio_Striker at an impromptu range session at the Fort on Friday. Trying to drive and send a PM is not something I suggest and will not try again. In fact, probably shouldn’t be putting that in writing. Still it was a great chance to meet both guys and two of the nicest guys I have met.

Heading to the Cheeseburger Paradise, it was great getting to seeing THPers I knew and meeting so many new THPers. Got a huge welcome from Dev and Josh as I first got to the group and still need to remind myself – fist bump, first bump. It was a great evening and the Good Egg burger was everything people (mainly O’Carroll) are raving about.

Introductions where you introduce yourself by name and then have to clarify with your THP forum name are absolutely the best.

I made a goal for myself to introduce myself to everyone and I don’t think I completed it. I came close, but I will do a better job of it at Ocean City.

The first tee at the Invitational – Philly V came through big time. I shot to beat my record of 40 yards off the first tee at a THP Invitational and I think I did it – by 1 yard - I think. For the record, I will never, never, never ever hit anything less than driver off the tee at a THP event again. I don’t care if I have played the hole before and I know I shouldn’t hit driver – I will hit it anyways. A lot of room for improvement at Ocean City.

The round – had a great time with Captain Caution, Golf3rguy and my partner – Bhillin. Had a blast with all 3 guys and it was fun watching Captain Caution and Golf3rguy work together. Both guys are great golfers and they were a great team. They carved up the back 9 on the Fort and I really thought they were making a run at the title. I think the bogey on 18 killed them. Alternate shot was not kind to Bhillin and I - nor did I really help Brian on the front. Still I had an absolute blast and in the end – that is all that matters. All three guys are great guys and would absolutely tee it up with them in a heartbeat.

Dinner afterwards at Bucca Di Beppo was fantastic, but like many have said – the evening was made at Dave and Busters. I can’t say that I have laughed as hard as I did when I was playing 4 way hockey before Saturday night. I also found out that Jman and I are not wonder twins as when we banged knuckles a couple of times, I kept wishing for him to take the shape of an ice pack for my still sore fingers. Ouch! Still it was such a great evening and I think we raised the bar for future Invitationals.

Sunday round at Prairie View started off with me figuring out that the course is less than 5 miles from my new apartment. I will be spending a lot of time there – great course. The round was with Canadan, 441 and O’Carroll. It was an absolute blast and if any Morgan Cuppers are going up against O’Carroll – know that he has a shot in his bag that you don’t. Never seen anyone hit an approach shot off a bridge and still get it close to the green.

Canadan is probably my favourite THPer and just makes me smile during a round – even when I send a ball 200 yards in the wrong direction. The silkiest of swings, it is fun to watch him swing a golf club and then swear at a golf course. Looking forward to taking on Oasis again with him and his brother.

441 - it was pleasure finally getting to spend some time with you and playing some golf. Outside of being a great planner, he is a great golfer and I had an absolute blast. Just be careful not to let him convince you to hit your broken driver as you are standing next to a big body of water. His evil laugh is scary. I am checking to see if I can make the swing up to gulp, Cleveland in June for some more golf with you and the rest of the Ohio THPers.

Kc720 – I kept hearing about what a great guy he is and I met him for about 5 minutes. He is just that - a great guy and I absolutely butchered saying goodbye to him yesterday. I hope that our paths cross again soon so I can get a chance to chat with you more.

There are so many that I got to meet this weekend that were great people that I didn’t mention in this. I have more thoughts coming.

I also have to give one last thank you to someone who wasn’t there this weekend – Six4three5. For those that don’t know, Jimmy had to convince me – more like wear me down last year to go sign up for the Connecticut Invitational. Now I am wishing I had gone to all of them. THP events are just downright good for soul. If you haven’t gone for one or signed up – do it soon. I cannot wait of Ocean City!!

I thought we had something special Aaron. :alien: It was GREAT seeing you buddy. Cant wait to see you in a few weeks. Already checking where the closest D&B is to OC. Haha

Kristen took this and sent it to me from D&B on Saturday night...

The Iceyshanks starter kit was offered as a prize in the store there at D&B. GregDan and CJ picked one up...

I think everyone in attendance has a version of this picture. Haha

Back