Odyssey Putters Thread

New grip and shaft

epu7agez.jpg

jlukes, love the putter, but gotta ask where you got the shaft from. I just painted one recently, but would prefer to go with something factory done for durabilty sakes.

jlukes, love the putter, but gotta ask where you got the shaft from. I just painted one recently, but would prefer to go with something factory done for durabilty sakes.

Regripit.com. Odyssey takes the 370 tip.

Regripit.com. Odyssey takes the 370 tip.

They added more color options as well, I am going to have to order a few more from them.

I wonder if I could order a colored shaft from them to put in a #7? The bend of the shaft is different than the #9, but not sure if it will work or not. I am clueless on this stuff

I wonder if I could order a colored shaft from them to put in a #7? The bend of the shaft is different than the #9, but not sure if it will work or not. I am clueless on this stuff

#9 doesn't have a bend at all - all of the bend is in the hosel on the head. Couldnt hurt to contact and ask them though - I believe they are partners with The Putter Lounge, which does all sort of putter customization and refinishing. If anyone can do it, they can.

Big thanks to kc720 for making me the newest member of the Odyssey family!

degu4e4u.jpg

He also sent a Tank 2-Ball V! I've been doing nothing but rolling them on my putting green since I got home from work!

Picked up a Flip Face ix today. It has a White Hot insert on one side and what seems like the old DFX insert on the other.

vfl0k0.jpg

20r3ho5.jpg

The 330M is a beauty Brad. Glad that you like it.

Is there any toe hang on that putter? I'm planning on tinkering with some CBs after July, and this looks like a solid candidate.

The tank cruiser 33m has about 1/4 toe hang.

Man, that Tank 2-Ball V I rolled this weekend might be my new favorite putter. Never been a fan of the 2-ball look, but couldn't argue with the results I saw this weekend!

Another update after 3 rounds of golf over the weekend with the 330M Cruiser.

-I decided to leave the 15g in the top and 20g in the bottom. I don't think I gave it a fair shake after playing on some terrible greens and only using it for 2 rounds. Boy I'm glad that I did. I was rolling the ball extremely well over the weekend. The balance feels very good and it just seems like it took me a bit of an adjustment period to get used to the extra weight on top.

-Short 2-3 footers are almost automatic right now with this thing. As long as I keep a nice smooth stroke, the ball rolls true. Lag putting is even better right now. I feel like after getting used to what the insert is doing/feeling at impact, I am really enjoying it. I feel like I am leaving those 20-25 footers closer than ever.

-Sound/Feel is really incredible as well. The feedback from good/not good hits is instantaneous and allows me to really to get a good idea of how well the ball was struck.

Like Kang said above, there is about a 1/4 toe hang on the 330M as well.

All in all, this putter performed really well for me over the weekend and in league the other night. It was a huge reason why I played so well and this thing will not be leaving the bag any time soon.

Man, that Tank 2-Ball V I rolled this weekend might be my new favorite putter. Never been a fan of the 2-ball look, but couldn't argue with the results I saw this weekend!
I have one of those...

Seriously pondering a couterweighted Tank #7. I just love how the ball feels coming off of it. I love my Versa 9, but I am a sucker for new putters.

Really enjoying my Protype IX #9HT. Had 30 putts with it yesterday and burned the edge on about 5 or so. Took me a bit to get used to the insert after putting with milled putters for the last few years, but I am really enjoying it. I think it is going to hold the spot in the bag over the MXM for the time being.

Another update after 3 rounds of golf over the weekend with the 330M Cruiser.

-I decided to leave the 15g in the top and 20g in the bottom. I don't think I gave it a fair shake after playing on some terrible greens and only using it for 2 rounds. Boy I'm glad that I did. I was rolling the ball extremely well over the weekend. The balance feels very good and it just seems like it took me a bit of an adjustment period to get used to the extra weight on top.

-Short 2-3 footers are almost automatic right now with this thing. As long as I keep a nice smooth stroke, the ball rolls true. Lag putting is even better right now. I feel like after getting used to what the insert is doing/feeling at impact, I am really enjoying it. I feel like I am leaving those 20-25 footers closer than ever.

-Sound/Feel is really incredible as well. The feedback from good/not good hits is instantaneous and allows me to really to get a good idea of how well the ball was struck.

Like Kang said above, there is about a 1/4 toe hang on the 330M as well.

All in all, this putter performed really well for me over the weekend and in league the other night. It was a huge reason why I played so well and this thing will not be leaving the bag any time soon.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully I get mine this week to test out & play.

Do it! You won't be sorry.
Seriously pondering a couterweighted Tank #7. I just love how the ball feels coming off of it. I love my Versa 9, but I am a sucker for new putters.

Do it! You won't be sorry.

Oh yeah. Getting my Tank #7 squared away tonight. Went to change the grip last night and found the counterweight had been removed. Putting the 40g back in, and covering it with the black/red Super Stroke slim 3.0. The few times I've had it out it felt great, but should be spot on after the tuning tonight.

I really wish Odyssey would offer something other than the white-hot insert in their tank models. I love a counterbalanced putter but that particular insert doesnt get it done for me. Offer the MXM #7 in a tank or cruiser version and they wouldnt be able to take my money fast enough.

I really wish Odyssey would offer something other than the white-hot insert in their tank models. I love a counterbalanced putter but that particular insert doesnt get it done for me. Offer the MXM #7 in a tank or cruiser version and they wouldnt be able to take my money fast enough.

In that case, you could always just get the MXM #7 and then throw on a Cruiser grip? Head weight may not be as heavy, idk, but it'll accomplish most of what you asked for.

There just so happens to be a Tank MXM #7 that I believe was for sale. Pkielwa was selling his if I remember correctly. Maybe shoot him a PM.

Back