Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review Thread

They have the $100 discount on the Golf Galaxy website with the green one, but I am not sure how excited you would be to buy one considering you have one.

And then another coming at the MC. No buying for me, maybe I'll nab a used one down the line though.

Just love that lime.

Yeah, I have considered not buying anything until #PersonalDistance because we get a driver, but at this price I had to move on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

First round out this past Saturday... Set it for 11.5 Draw for the first 9. Definitely the wrong setup couldn't hit a fairway and didn't hit longer than 215. Adjusted at the turn to 12. Proceeded to go 2/4 on the back with driver and longest drive was 280 with rollout. I can't wait till I'm truly comfortable and dialed in, this is going to be the best driver I've ever gamed.

I can't believe how cheap these are already. Can be had on Ebay for less than $150!

I just picked one up off golfsmith.com. They are listed at 199 and unlike GG you can use the memorial day discount. I got mine for 179 before taxes and shipping. There is 30 minutes before the Memorial day sale is over.

Had a bad day with the driver Saturday. Was muscling it too much and hooked a lot of balls. Had a few straight jacks, but mostly hooks. If I can find the red tie in a Xstiff relatively cheap, I might give it a try. Worked with the Covert when I had a case of the lefties.

Today was the maiden voyage of my Bio Cell. It couldn't have gone much better. I was straight up killing the ball, and keeping it in play. I hit 10 fairways, and loved the way this thing felt. I am not positive the lime green suits my style, but I like everything else about this driver. It's similar to the Amp Cell, but I got a bit more distance and more roll.

Today was the maiden voyage of my Bio Cell. It couldn't have gone much better. I was straight up killing the ball, and keeping it in play. I hit 10 fairways, and loved the way this thing felt. I am not positive the lime green suits my style, but I like everything else about this driver. It's similar to the Amp Cell, but I got a bit more distance and more roll.

That's a pretty good improvement then- because those are about the only things that could have been improved on the Amp Cell. Great news!

The stock shift seems better than the AC.

just cut mine down from 45.75" to 45" as i was struggling to hit the centre of the face witht he long shaft.hopefully it works

Second round with it. I am in love.

I have a chance to get one with the stock s flex for cheap. Does this shaft play soft or a true s flex? (98mph SS medium transition)

You should be fine. I did find variances from extreme to good within the rack options at GS. Several people thought it played weaker, I found mine to be pretty close.

There are a few things I want to comment on.

* First of all, with my Amp Cell, I was generally able to aim down the right side of the fairway and count on a draw back towards the middle. So far with the Bio Cell, I aim right, but instead of the ball turning back towards the center, the ball turns only slightly left, finishing down the right half of the fairway. I believe this results in a tad more distance (1 or 2 yards).

* I do not like the stock grip at all. The Lamkin 3GEN is probably my least favorite grip in golf. Easy and cheap fix.

* I think the headcover is fantastic looking, especially compared to the Amp Cell, but I wish it had a tab or something to pull on to remove it.

After dabbling with my Big Bertha and 910 for a couple months I'm putting the Bio Cell back in the bag permanently. This driver with the Kusala White is just perfect for me and while its not the longest (Bertha) or the straightest (910) it offers the best of both worlds in a great looking package, with the largest sweet spot.

Yesterday I hit some balls that I didn't think I was even capable of hitting anymore and it felt so good.

Bio Cell love - is it wrong?

This is a real solid club and keeping me out of trouble off tee.

Just took delivery on my new Bio Cell driver, in Blue, with Project X PXV stock stiff shaft. Got it on ebay and saved over €100, after all shipping and duty charges :pissed-off: V store price here in Ireland. Happy days.

Quick question: I have a prolaunch red speedcoat stiff fitted in my X2 Hot, So I was wondering how does the Project shaft perform? & would it compare to the prolaunch characteristics?

Late to the party but here's my new stick with his little brother on the way this week 3 w. Great driver keeps in in the fw. set at 9.5 but not as long as my last tour edge exotic's xgc4 cracked the face after 4 yrs.

409831468.jpg
409831467.jpg

Fallen even more in love with this club. Played 18 yesterday with Ranger junior hit this to 320 yards on a par four . Now its hot and dry here but to cap it off the half swing wedge shot hit the flag..so close to my first eagle on a par four ! Its a keeper and as my swing gets better this club gets sweeter and sweeter to hit. Even when I swing badly its still so forgiving .If you haven't tried it yet ...what are you waiting for .....?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Nice! Glad you're enjoying it dude. Its a heck of a solid all around head.

I think this Friday my MC Bio, the Bio+, and Bertha are going to throw down.

I'm going to snag one soon. I'm this close to trying one out and buying it.

It's just so dang harf to give up the Amp Cell

Lime green bio cell. In my bag!

I'm going to snag one soon. I'm this close to trying one out and buying it.

It's just so dang harf to give up the Amp Cell
I am in the same boat. Love the Amp Cell but really love the Bio Cell 3/4 and 5/7, in my bag. Really tempted to make the switch.

I am in the same boat. Love the Amp Cell but really love the Bio Cell 3/4 and 5/7, in my bag. Really tempted to make the switch.
I hit 11/ 14 fairways today..

12/14 last round

Averaging 270 off the Tee Box.. and have had several 300 plus the last few weeks. (With roll out of course)

I'm afraid to give that up. I have it dialed in perfect for me. Tried different shafts but the Stock Stiff was the best numbers wise and playing wise.

I mean is it worth another hundred for 5 to 10 yards?

Lime green bio cell. In my bag!

This makes me happy. Curious to see what you think.

I hit 11/ 14 fairways today..

12/14 last round

Averaging 270 off the Tee Box.. and have had several 300 plus the last few weeks. (With roll out of course)

I'm afraid to give that up. I have it dialed in perfect for me. Tried different shafts but the Stock Stiff was the best numbers wise and playing wise.

I mean is it worth another hundred for 5 to 10 yards?

That is a hell of a round dude. I wouldn't eff with it personally, a 270 average is MASSIVE for an amateur.

Back