Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, I'm actually more flexible for the afternoon round so if you guys want to go somewhere different that would work too.

Well I figured if we can our first round started by 8-830 (not sure of the plans of the Albany guys traveling) be done by 12-1230 then we could tee off again at say 130 after some lunch. If we go somewhere central like Terry Hills that'd be plenty of time for you right?
I'll press Dean a little this week to see what his thoughts are. If 8:00/8:30 is too early for him, hopefully he'd still come for the afternoon round.

I'm coming from Syracuse, so I'll be there EARLY.....like 7:55 early.

I'll press Dean a little this week to see what his thoughts are. If 8:00/8:30 is too early for him, hopefully he'd still come for the afternoon round.

Sat. morning works for me as well as Sunday.

Bummed I can't make the early round too. I have more flexibility for the afternoon round and can make a further drive if you end up playing more east. Another suggestion if you guys don't mind an extra 30 minute drive west and want to play a couple nice courses is to play Arrowhead and The Links at Ivy Ridge, they are less than 5 minutes from each other. Just spitballing here :)

Wish I could join you guys, it sounds like a lot of fun.

got 18 in with jimmy and Derek yesterday, shot 10 over 82 with a triple and a double. greens at le roy are very tough eight now. hard as concrete, very tough to hold even sandwedges. on top of being hard they are very slow. tough to figure them out.

only getting to play twice a week right now so I guess I can't complain about my game. going to make time to practice before ocean city so I can represent wny well

got 18 in with jimmy and Derek yesterday, shot 10 over 82 with a triple and a double. greens at le roy are very tough eight now. hard as concrete, very tough to hold even sandwedges. on top of being hard they are very slow. tough to figure them out.

only getting to play twice a week right now so I guess I can't complain about my game. going to make time to practice before ocean city so I can represent wny well
Me, you and Aaron in the morning round in OC on Friday. I look forward to witnessing those almost 300 yard drives and the legendary short game I keep hearing about.

Me, you and Aaron in the morning round in OC on Friday. I look forward to witnessing those almost 300 yard drives and the legendary short game I keep hearing about.

Don't hold your breath on the drives lol

seeing these groups for the friday rounds in OC is fun, we leave in 25 days ;)

Don't hold your breath on the drives lol

If you round up, they are 300.

The shortgame is legendary though.. I learned alot from him late last year regarding the short game and it is helping me big time. His head probably won't fit in the golf cart that Friday morning round now because I just put that in writing.

Bummed I can't make the early round too. I have more flexibility for the afternoon round and can make a further drive if you end up playing more east. Another suggestion if you guys don't mind an extra 30 minute drive west and want to play a couple nice courses is to play Arrowhead and The Links at Ivy Ridge, they are less than 5 minutes from each other. Just spitballing here :)

Arrowhead is a definite fav. Haven't played Ivy Ridge yet.

I don't think I can do 36 though. I'm on call again this week.

The shortgame is legendary though.. I learned alot from him late last year regarding the short game and it is helping me big time. His head probably won't fit in the golf cart that Friday morning round now because I just put that in writing.
Is that why you didn't need your putter on the front 9 yesterday? Man, you were money around the green.....

Arrowhead is a definite fav. Haven't played Ivy Ridge yet.

I don't think I can do 36 though. I'm on call again this week.
You're coming for one of the rounds, right?

Haven't been on too much yesterday or today,anything doing for the weekend yet? Played Arrowhead again today and what a beautiful course!
Greens are perfect(a little firmer today but the rain tonite should soften a bit)and cooler temps for a few days. So anyways,I'd just like to meet up with everyone cuz I feel out of the loop!...................Rob,Kobey?anyone know anything? I cannot wait for OC. I'm just ranting cuz my adult beverage kicked in but this should be great and driving Aaron around is going to kill my gas mileage. But seeing how he's paying all my greens fees,I guess I can't complain. Harvest Hill was FAB but at $59.
I'm a little reserved about going back soon. Keep me posted,it's lonely here at the bottom of the barrel.

Is that why you didn't need your putter on the front 9 yesterday? Man, you were money around the green.....

You're coming for one of the rounds, right?

That and a few hours over at the Riverside Academy in downtown Indy practicing my chipping. It has really come a long ways, but those greens were perfect to chip on. So I can't take all of the credit.

Haven't been on too much yesterday or today,anything doing for the weekend yet? Played Arrowhead again today and what a beautiful course!
Greens are perfect(a little firmer today but the rain tonite should soften a bit)and cooler temps for a few days. So anyways,I'd just like to meet up with everyone cuz I feel out of the loop!...................Rob,Kobey?anyone know anything? I cannot wait for OC. I'm just ranting cuz my adult beverage kicked in but this should be great and driving Aaron around is going to kill my gas mileage. But seeing how he's paying all my greens fees,I guess I can't complain. Harvest Hill was FAB but at $59.
I'm a little reserved about going back soon. Keep me posted,it's lonely here at the bottom of the barrel.
We're (and you) are playing Saturday. Someone needs to make a decision where, but once it's made, that's what we're going with.

I went back and forth with Rob earlier today. He's recovering and getting back into the swing of things. He's invited this weekend, but I assume, since he played his first round today, that he's going to take it slow coming back.

Haven't heard from Kobey.

Thanks Pete, but yeah it was my first full 18 and I'm pretty sore tonight. I'll probably just keep it to one round a week for a while.

I'm booked on weekends with work until after July 4th weekend. Then I have some free time as I'm basically taking July off and starting a new job in August.

Looking forward to catching up with you guys then!

i do enjoy "rounding up" my driver yardage :banana:

as for the short game, i will give credit where it is due, my grandfather worked with me for hours, and he had a touch that would make me look like i hand rock hands. so, belive it or not, i am humble regarding the short game, just trying to spread the wealth that i inherited!

Thanks Pete, but yeah it was my first full 18 and I'm pretty sore tonight. I'll probably just keep it to one round a week for a while.

I'm booked on weekends with work until after July 4th weekend. Then I have some free time as I'm basically taking July off and starting a new job in August.

Looking forward to catching up with you guys then!
Glad you're up and around! Keep in touch.

We're (and you) are playing Saturday. Someone needs to make a decision where, but once it's made, that's what we're going with.

I went back and forth with Rob earlier today. He's recovering and getting back into the swing of things. He's invited this weekend, but I assume, since he played his first round today, that he's going to take it slow coming back.

Haven't heard from Kobey.

I can make a few calls this morning...how many of us are there? I can try TerryHills or Batavia CC.

Hi Guys. I grew up in WNY and still frequent the area a few times a year. I'm originally from Brocton, NY in Chautauqua Co. Left in '92 for greener pastures here in Ohio.
So far it's worked out.:banana: If I get up that way over the summer hopefully I can get with you good folks and play a round somewhere. I still have lots of family up there
in the Fredonia-Dunkirk area and try to get up there for a Bills game and a few Sabres games if the weather allows. :alien2:

I can make a few calls this morning...how many of us are there? I can try TerryHills or Batavia CC.

Terry Hills between those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back