What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid solid round congrats! You get in some trouble on the back?

Lost a bit of the consistency i was seeing on the front. It also slowed way down, seemed like i was waiting 10 mins on each hole to hit. Hate that

Lost a bit of the consistency i was seeing on the front. It also slowed way down, seemed like i was waiting 10 mins on each hole to hit. Hate that

I was the same way today and my course was clear but I tried muscling a couple shots and that didn't bode well.

Rotten start, but played the last 12 holes in +2 for a 42/38 from the back tees at my home course. Two birdies and eight greens. Drained a 30 footer for par on 18. Just one of those days I guess. I wanted to go home after the fourth hole, but it turned out to be a pretty good day. Finally got a little more comfortable with both body alignment and the latest changes on the course. Driver accuracy was better than it had been over the last three weeks and I hit the irons pretty well after shaking off the cobwebs.

Nice round, Hawk. I think for me the toughest swing change to bring onto the course is alignment.

Nice round, Hawk. I think for me the toughest swing change to bring onto the course is alignment.

Right now it's upper and lower body pointing in opposite directions. I did some mirror work this week and it seemed to help. I think it was a part of the hooktastic tee game I've had for a couple weeks. Fundamentals blah.

81 on a setup course just to say it was hard. I've never seen so many questionable pin placements on this course before. I think the putt total was at 34 with maybe 1 1 putt all day. Just dumb.

41/44 = 85 at Lake Padden Golf Course, 7/14 FW, 34 putts. Put the Mashies and R11S back in play and it really paid off - I hit the M2 a ton of times off the tee and was striping it. Driver wasn't as good, but none of my misses were bad. Lowest round so far this year, so happy with that and happy to be back in the 80's finally!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Shot an 40/42 at Glenmoor CC from approx 6700 yards. Those greens were playing at a stint of 10.

Shot an 40/42 at Glenmoor CC from approx 6700 yards. Those greens were playing at a stint of 10.

Pfft we played on like a 19 today lol

Nice round there dude

Shot a rough 81. Just couldn't get on the green for pars so instead I was scrambling the whole day. Oh well beautiful weather though!

Played my home course tonight and shot a 39/43 to post a new PB 82

I left so many stroke out on the course on the back 9

Shot a 36/43 79 today for a new PB at a course I've only played once in my life. Shooting even par and breaking 80 were two of my lofty goals I set for myself back in sept when my journey to better began. I'm excited, excited to bring this game to myrtle beach. It's a matter of building more consistency and working on short game from here out. So much has changed for me these last year in my game.

Congrats on the PBs guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

76 for over in my member's tourney. Tied for 2nd going into tomorrow. Had 5 bogeys 1 birdie and 12 pars. Had a lot of birdie attempts just lip out or burn the edge. Very easily could have been even or under the way I played today. Hit 15 fairways and 14 greens. Putts just weren't dropping for birdie!

Ended up shooting a pretty disappointing 80 today. Stayed in second with a 156. Winning score was a 149. Guy shot 2 over Saturday and 3 over today. Woke up not feeling that great and it effected my focus. Hit the ball pretty well, but short game and reading the greens were my issue today.

Played 9 holes again after in the afternoon with my buddy. We each played a ball and then an alternate shot ball. On my ball I shot 39. and on our alternate shot we played 2 over 38. Pretty solid weekend of golf for me, just wish I woulda put up a better number for my second round in the tourney.

Played Houston Amateur Golf Association tournament at Cypresswood Tradition course which for those who don't know Houston is where they hold the qualifier for the PGA Shell Houston Open. The course took on 13 inches of rain this week here, so hot,steamy, cart path only. Driving range was closed so couldn't even warm up as usual. Then went out and shot my personal best in a tournament of 81 after 2 three putts and lost ball on the front for a 44, played great on the back making pars on 10-14, bogeyed 15 and 16, par on 17 and a birdie on 18 for a one over par 37 on the back. Good enough for second place in my flight.

Golf can be a fickle wench. But also can be a great teacher. Hit it like a tour pro yesterday 33 for -3, hit it like Stevie Wonder today, but got up and down from the sand twice for birdie on par 5's from green side traps and had only 13 putts for the nine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played In a men's open at a buddy's club over the weekend. Yesterday I had a 1 1/2 foot putt on 18 to shoot 72 and it would have put me in the final group today. Ended up 3 jacking and shooting 74.. Not an easy course either.

Played another 18 tonight and played a lil less disastrously with a 42-40-82. Still had a double and a triple but did have 2 birdies. Cant hit the broad side of a barn with my irons. Hit 9 more FIR which puts me a 59% over my last 20 rounds so thats huge improvement there. hit some more really nice pitches and chips and my putting was good again too. Just have to get my approach game back

44/42 for an 86. Not terrible for me. It's just frustrating, because I go along nice and steady, but then I'll hit a drive that just completely screws me and I'll take a double. Par a couple more, then do it again. Ugh...

Shot a 41-41 82 at my home course today. 8 pars and 10 bogies, I couldn't even buy a birdie today, only good thing I guess if you can call it that was no doubles or 3 putts. I was trying out my new clubs today so still getting used to them.

Got in 27 holes yesterday at Grand Cypress. Delay starting due to lightening in area and had to play through some rain at times once started. Shot a 44/41 for 85 on the North/South course. Then a 39 on the East course.

Nice course. Defense of the course is in and around the greens. Lot of sand and undulating.

Last edited:
Played nine yesterday. Kind of a "meh" round. A couple good iron shots here and there, but my tee game was pretty bad. My putting was also a little off. The greens seemed slower than usual, and I had a couple nice reads that just ended up being short.

Shot 38 (+2). Strangely, my two bogeys were on Par 5s. Just kicked the ball around on both of them.

Always fun to play, but this was a strange nine.

Here is my card from yesterday. Course was in great shape. It was my first time playing it and my first time playing from 7,000 yards. Usually I try to keep it <6600 so it was definitely a tough test on a tough track. Was actually surprised I didn't shoot much worse than usual. Definitely was a grind and had too many big numbers.

Screenshot2014-06-02at95728AM_zpsad40bbb0.png

Yesterday was a disaster, this was the 3rd round with a men's club I joined (they travel to different courses), shot 92, drove the ball well (couple of unlucky bounces), irons were spotty at best and didnt make 1 putt inside of 8ft (plenty of opportunities to save par). It was on a course I was familar with so thats no excuse....so frustrating when your making bogeys when they should be pars, and way too many others when they should be bogeys at worst.....forget it and move on....definitely taking a day off this week to play and get this bad taste out of my mouth

79 again today but a much better 79 on a tougher course than yesterday. 71.7/131

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back